Tommy Lloyd has agreed to become the Arizona Wildcats basketball coach!

Started by WILD, April 08, 2021, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Tommy Lloyd has agreed to become the next head coach of the Arizona Wildcats basketball team!

The long time Gonzaga assistant coach has agreed to a deal for roughly 2.88 Million a year. Official announcement should be coming soon. BEARDOWN!

Wildcat fans Meet your new coach!
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1378048045506519041

Lloyd interview from earlier a month ago

Jdmarti

I hope he does well.
But I preferred someone with experience  like mighty mouse.
I hope he will atleast  keep Jet on staff.

Zona Nation

BTFD!

KansasCityCats

It was obviously the administration's #1 choice, hence the reason they waited until the Zags' season was over before they moved on from Miller.

soazbnb

I was on pointguardu.com back when we were tracking Cal's jet from Rincon Market to Lexington. I am back here again, and glad to have seen the news here first. As far as coaching experience, he's been an assistant at arguably the top-3 west coast program for 20 years, and has recruited and developed more overseas talent than anyone in the NCAA. I'm good with it. It may actually be beneficial to have picked a non-wildcat, because I think inevitably had Damon been picked over Josh, or Miles over Luke, or whomever, maybe some bitter feelings.....I loved Coach Miller. I would have been glad if he was extended for another 4 years. But he wasn't. We needed a coach and I think we got a good one.

Smiley Joe

Wouldn't a former WIldcat, who has Head Coaching experience, be more fitting, rather than an assistant?    The reason this doesnt make sense is becuase of the real reason for the hire.  This is a money move made by the Jeff Steven's   He's been holding our school hostage for the entire Sean Miler debacle and now he is flexing his muscle once again.  Do the research, see when and where he donates and connect the dots.  The real reason, a Stoudamire doesn't stand a chance is purely finacial and its a crime,  But truth be told, besides this forum, nowhere else have I seen anything yet.  I love the school and want whats best for us.  Bear Down!

AZBD

Quote from: Smiley Joe on April 08, 2021, 06:27:19 PM
Wouldn't a former WIldcat, who has Head Coaching experience, be more fitting, rather than an assistant?    The reason this doesnt make sense is becuase of the real reason for the hire.  This is a money move made by the Jeff Steven's   He's been holding our school hostage for the entire Sean Miler debacle and now he is flexing his muscle once again.  Do the research, see when and where he donates and connect the dots.  The real reason, a Stoudamire doesn't stand a chance is purely finacial and its a crime,  But truth be told, besides this forum, nowhere else have I seen anything yet.  I love the school and want whats best for us.  Bear Down!

I'm not too thrilled with Lloyd but if it's him or Damon i'd take Lloyd. I'd like to see Damon do well as a coach but he hasn't done enough to earn the Arizona job. I know he has done well at Pacific but Pacific is a tiny little pebble. Arizona is a mountain. Also look at what he has done. He gets praise cause Pacific isn't as bad as people thought but they are still bad. He is 71-77 in 5 years. Thats UNDER .500. Zero post seasons. Also long ago when he was an assistant coach here under Sean Miller i saw reports he didn't like the amount of work Miller expected his assistants to do. He didn't want to recruit as hard as it was expected. I don't mean to trash him i know he was an absolute legend here but the truth is had he not played at Arizona he wouldn't be a top 100 candidate. He really doesn't deserve an interview.

soazbnb

Quote from: Smiley Joe on April 08, 2021, 06:27:19 PM

I'm not doing any research. I'll please ask you to post your citations and references and research here to show said connected dots about the booster donations. I wouldn't even know where to look for that.

Keithjacksontucson

How certain is this information?Goodman says they're interviewing Simon and Stoudemire

BearDownU - Menu