Adama Bal Watch

Started by arxpert, December 09, 2023, 10:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Very productive. Tommy really just fumbled with his talent. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of my take on that. Obviously Arizona is #1 currently. Doesn't mean Bal wasn't good enough or not a fit. Just means Tommy didn't respect him while he was here and could have helped make a difference in many games so Bal took his talents elsewhere.

I expect a big jump after this season unless he goes pro or abroad. Very happy for him. No one should be anything, but happy to see him succeeding.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4896365/adama-bal

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

It's great to see him having a breakout year. A fresh start with a change of scenery can work wonders. Very Barcello-y in that regard.

Little George

Quote from: arxpert on December 09, 2023, 10:20:45 PMVery productive. Tommy really just fumbled with his talent. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of my take on that. Obviously Arizona is #1 currently. Doesn't mean Bal wasn't good enough or not a fit. Just means Tommy didn't respect him while he was here and could have helped make a difference in many games so Bal took his talents elsewhere.

I expect a big jump after this season unless he goes pro or abroad. Very happy for him. No one should be anything, but happy to see him succeeding.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4896365/adama-bal

I think it was more about fit than anything. Bal had talent. Tommy knew that. Just not the fit Tommy needed. Glad to see him break out.

arxpert

Adama-ALPHA Bal is his official name now*

He is listed as high as the 10-12th overall pick in mock drafts at the moment.

Very interesting how Tommy ran him out of town instead of letting him play last year.

KansasCityCats

I hope Bal continues to improve. He has plenty of athleticism and a smooth stroke. He still needs to work on his vision, defense, ballhandling and outside shot if he wants to play somewhere besides the NCAA r G-League next season.

I saw a one-off draft with his name listed but he wasn't on the Athletic, CBS, Yahoo, NBA (B/R) or other legit mock draft sites. Was he ranked on ESPN? I'm not a member so I couldn't tell.

Val s in a perfect situation at Santa Clara to showcase his talents. He played a weak OOC slate and would be the 5th best outside shooter on our team, in addition to turning the ball over as often as he dishes out assists. Best of luck to him and the Fighting Herbies.

arxpert

So much hatred for Adama-Alpha Bal.

KansasCityCats

No hatred. I truly hope he succeeds. But he needs a lot of improvement before he becomes and NBA prospect.

And I still don't know where he's listed as a lottery pick, outside of the nbadraft.net "site".

KansasCityCats

Not sure if anybody watched Bal'a game against the Zags but it was pretty ugly.

Despite staying in the game, Santa Clara had no help from Adama. He stood on the perimeter, waiting for the ball and never moved on offense until somebody passed to him along the 3-point line.

He was "guarding" Watson, who made 10 of his first 11 shot attempts until Herbie was finally smart enough to switch Bal to an easier assignment.

Bal selfishly took closely defended jumpers and his outside shot looked eerily like the shot that caused him to continuously return to Lloyd's bench.

If anybody else were in the game, Gonzaga would have lost by double digits. "Alpha" is a huge liability.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2024, 09:38:22 PMNot sure if anybody watched Bal'a game against the Zags but it was pretty ugly.

Despite staying in the game, Santa Clara had no help from Adama. He stood on the perimeter, waiting for the ball and never moved on offense until somebody passed to him along the 3-point line.

He was "guarding" Watson, who made 10 of his first 11 shot attempts until Herbie was finally smart enough to switch Bal to an easier assignment.

Bal selfishly took closely defended jumpers and his outside shot looked eerily like the shot that caused him to continuously return to Lloyd's bench.

If anybody else were in the game, Gonzaga would have lost by double digits. "Alpha" is a huge liability.

The timing on this post is awesome. He just won the game for Santa Clara lol

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2024, 09:38:22 PMNot sure if anybody watched Bal'a game against the Zags but it was pretty ugly.

Does the phrase "Spoke Too Soon" ring a bell?

Adama-ALPHA Bal led his team to victory tonight. Single handedly destroyed Gonzaga.

And hilariously the player you and some others CRIED over Nembhard completely blew the game for Gonzaga. Man you all couldn't cry harder about not getting Nembhard. I read those toxic cbox's back then. I saw the toxic cbox tonight.

He who laughs last laughs the hardest.

"HA HA HA" I guess. (shrugs at the incompetence of the post I'm replying to)

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on January 11, 2024, 09:53:29 PM

The timing on this post is awesome. He just won the game for Santa Clara lol

Can't make it up sometimes.

Foot in mouth.
Not so fast.
Ye of little faith.

All the cliche's in one this time.

Wow  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Footnote: I will say that Bal's missed FT toward the end was a direct result of Tommy Lloyd. When a coach never gives you a chance to play, things like this are bound to happen. It has been a pleasure to watch Adama-Alpha Bal undo all of the damage Tommy did to his game. It took a little bit of time, but the circles Bal is running around players stuck in Tommy's "development chamber" aka dungeon is staggering. "Get Out".

KansasCityCats

Single-handedly made ONE basket. He also missed a vital free throw that forced Santa Clara to foul at the end, in addition. To giving up four offensive rebounds to Watson and getting swatted on multiple occasions (when his teammates were wide open).

Bal tried to mimic Caleb Love's game (except he couldn't execute). If you watched the game, you wouldn't have a reason to brag on anything that Bal accomplished. If he weren't playing for a mid-major, he'd be sleeping on somebody's bench.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2024, 10:29:23 PMSingle-handedly made ONE basket. He also missed a vital free throw that forced Santa Clara to foul at the end, in addition. To giving up four offensive rebounds to Watson and getting swatted on multiple occasions (when his teammates were wide open).

Bal tried to mimic Caleb Love's game (except he couldn't execute). If you watched the game, you wouldn't have a reason to brag on anything that Bal accomplished. If he weren't playing for a mid-major, he'd be sleeping on somebody's bench.

I watched it. You seem to think that it's his sole job to stop a 6'9 235lb ish PF. Yes, the heights and weights are never listed correctly. A very noticeable size difference. You know, just like how I tell the truth that Ballo is 6'9" 250, not 7ft.,

Surely you understand that Herb Sendek played Tommy's father Marky Mark Few like a fiddle by allowing the 2's from 1 guy while shutting down the "system".

Bal may be their Caleb Love. Maybe. Caleb Love would be a welcome addition to a NBA roster as-is. He doesn't need much training. Both Adama-Alpha and Caleb Love definitely could start for the Wizards today.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Even though Victor Wembanyama just committed to play for France in the 2024 Olympics, I think it's foolish to label him the best player on that team if Adama-Alpha Bal is also on the roster.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on January 12, 2024, 01:28:37 PMEven though Victor Wembanyama just committed to play for France in the 2024 Olympics, I think it's foolish to label him the best player on that team if Adama-Alpha Bal is also on the roster.

It's really not necessary to troll Adama-Alpha Bal (or me), but the funny thing is not that I don't mind it, but that the joke is usually on everyone else in the end!

PS - Adama-Alpha Bal probably wouldn't get the call over Bilal Coulibaly anyway. Let's just be reasonable. France has basically taken over Basketball. The only saving grace is somehow Joel Embiid was allowed to choose to be "American". He could have chosen to be "French".

Imagine a starting lineup of:

Victor Wemby
Evan Fournier
Olivier Sarr
Joel Embiid
Rudy Gobert

Then Off the Bench...

Nick Batum
Bilal Coulibaly
Killian Hayes

Adama-Alpha Bal wouldn't crack that top 8, but Embiid chose to be American when it was convenient for him last time I checked.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on January 12, 2024, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on January 12, 2024, 01:28:37 PMEven though Victor Wembanyama just committed to play for France in the 2024 Olympics, I think it's foolish to label him the best player on that team if Adama-Alpha Bal is also on the roster.

It's really not necessary to troll Adama-Alpha Bal (or me), but the funny thing is not that I don't mind it, but that the joke is usually on everyone else in the end!

It's only half trolling on my part. He's doing a good enough job that he has earned the level of acknowledgement that being the target of trolling entails.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on January 12, 2024, 05:26:52 PM
Quote from: arxpert on January 12, 2024, 02:31:15 PM

It's only half trolling on my part. He's doing a good enough job that he has earned the level of acknowledgement that being the target of trolling entails.

I think anyone can full troll if they can do it cleverly enough. Just think if it can be kept light and fun, respectful, and in an only "dish it if you can take it" way. Not people going insane.

Ironically or unironically I see tons of people agree with things I say either directly or in their own way(s).

We are all Arizona.
We are all Beardown.

Onward and Up Adama-Alpha. Bal til the day you fall.

arxpert

Footnote: Adama Alpha-Bal scored 25 in a win against Oregon this year.

LeftCoastCats

Play Paulius!

Repeating history yada yada.

KansasCityCats

36 > 25. Bringing in Love was apparently the right decision.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 27, 2024, 06:40:06 PM36 > 25. Bringing in Love was apparently the right decision.

But what was the Player Impact in each game? Alpha-Bal may have had the highest impact. Tonight, Kylan Boo Boo Boswell had the most impact.

KansasCityCats

I think everybody contributed but without Love, this would have been a tight game. His aggression allowed the Cats to maintain the lead.

Regardless, both players made Altman's teams look bad (which makes me smile).

KansasCityCats

What's the deal with Bal?  He hasn't played over the past two games?  Injury or attitude? Hopefully nothing serious.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: KansasCityCats on February 16, 2024, 05:00:59 AMWhat's the deal with Bal?  He hasn't played over the past two games?  Injury or attitude? Hopefully nothing serious.

He missed the game against San Francisco because of a leg injury, so I would assume that's still the case. No idea what the extent of the injury is, though.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on February 16, 2024, 05:00:59 AMWhat's the deal with Bal?  He hasn't played over the past two games?  Injury or attitude? Hopefully nothing serious.

Hope he can come back and knock off Gonzaga in the Conference tourney and put them out of their misery. Then go on to be drafted in the first round.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on February 16, 2024, 11:51:31 AM

Hope he can come back and knock off Gonzaga in the Conference tourney and put them out of their misery. Then go on to be drafted in the first round.

Unless he averages 20/5/5/2/2 on 50/40/90 splits with an A:TO of 3:1 the rest of the year, he's not going in the 1st Round (this year).

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on February 16, 2024, 07:49:49 PM
Quote from: arxpert on February 16, 2024, 11:51:31 AM

Unless he averages 20/5/5/2/2 on 50/40/90 splits with an A:TO of 3:1 the rest of the year, he's not going in the 1st Round (this year).

He will go 1st round. In the NBA he won't be expected to dish the ball much, but his ability to shoot + his measurables are going to make him a back end Lottery pick IMHO. If Dalen Terry could get to where he was picked based on the combine measurables alone, then Adama Alpha-Bal has a chance to go Top 10.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Adama-Alpha Bal had a rough first game back from injury against Loyola Marymount. 0 points on 0-8 FG in roughly 30 mins. Fortunately, it didn't cost them that one.

Tonight, Santa Clara plays @ Gonzaga. He won the game for them last time around. He'll definitely need to be that guy again for them to sweep the Zags. Scouts will be flocking in from around the globe to see him cook.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on February 24, 2024, 07:29:37 PMAdama-Alpha Bal had a rough first game back from injury against Loyola Marymount. 0 points on 0-8 FG in roughly 30 mins. Fortunately, it didn't cost them that one.

Tonight, Santa Clara plays @ Gonzaga. He won the game for them last time around. He'll definitely need to be that guy again for them to sweep the Zags. Scouts will be flocking in from around the globe to see him cook.

Alpha is getting his legs back under him. Scouts already know what they will be getting in him. I doubt they need to see how he did vs Dusty Stromer tbh.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Alpha had a really nice game last night. I was most impressed by him getting to the line in volume. 11-15 FT. I would love to see Caleb's box score look like that moving forward.

Next up, stingy Saint Mary's. With a win, we could see the rubber match between Santa Clara and Gonzaga with Santa Clara's tournament tickets hanging in the balance. I give them a puncher's chance of cashing in and making it happen. Alpha will need to be the secret sauce for them to pull it off.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Alpha Bal totally disappeared in their biggest game of the season. I'm guessing Herb Sendek lost the locker room. I would also guess that Alpha Bal checked out mentally because he's got more important things to do; getting ready to be a lottery pick in the NBA Draft, for one. Hopefully scouts will disregard this putrid performance and focus on the upside and the measurables. I would hate to see his stock fall outside of the Top 10.