Kylan Boswell - Real Talk

Started by arxpert, December 21, 2023, 12:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Mediocre performance. I have come to the conclusion that Boswell is just a Kyle Fogg/Gabe York for this team. A good weapon to have if the ball is not in his hands. Love, Bradley, and Pelle are capable of setting up anyone the way Tommy is playing it. We don't have a PG unless it's Bradley.

So maybe Tommy will start going to Bradley, Love, Boswell lineups and let Boswell stand and wait for the real men to drive and dish for the open 3. We don't need Boswell trying to create anything if it's just going to be dribbling into a 3pt attempt.

Ballo should really only have 2 Outcomes. An easy Layup/Alley Oop Flush from a Bradley/Love create driving to the rim ----> or a Pass out to Boswell for a catch and shoot set 3 for the inside out game.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Bro, you carried this team tonight. You put Tom in a Baby Bjorn and took him to the finish line.

You're right, though, that Boswell's complete absence of FT shooting is a bad formula longterm. What's even crazier is that I bet his FT volume is actually lower than what we saw from Kerr Kriisa, and I didn't think that was even possible.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on January 04, 2024, 11:51:05 PMBro, you carried this team tonight. You put Tom in a Baby Bjorn and took him to the finish line.

You're right, though, that Boswell's complete absence of FT shooting is a bad formula longterm. What's even crazier is that I bet his FT volume is actually lower than what we saw from Kerr Kriisa, and I didn't think that was even possible.

I will carry us as far as we can go.

The absence of all Guards getting to the Charity Stripe is going to plague this team, but no one more than our primary ball handler(s).

KansasCityCats

Why is "drawing contact" a winning formula?

If you took statistics at Arizona, you'd understand that this team's best opportunity to maximize their "points per possession" derives from a fast paced tempo.

We finished top-2 nationally in points and wear down our opponents when we don't stop the game. Yes, it's important to draw contact. It isn't as important as our jumpshot percentage plus our offensive rebounding efficiency.

I understand if you have an issue with our defense but you're just searching for a reason to bitch if you're complaining about the way that the #2 offense operates (BTW, Alabama is the only program with a higher average and we took care of them).

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 05, 2024, 05:14:16 AMWhy is "drawing contact" a winning formula?

If you took statistics at Arizona, you'd understand that this team's best opportunity to maximize their "points per possession" derives from a fast paced tempo.

We finished top-2 nationally in points and wear down our opponents when we don't stop the game. Yes, it's important to draw contact. It isn't as important as our jumpshot percentage plus our offensive rebounding efficiency.

I understand if you have an issue with our defense but you're just searching for a reason to bitch if you're complaining about the way that the #2 offense operates (BTW, Alabama is the only program with a higher average and we took care of them).

Ask yourself the same question, but in reverse.

Why would (our guards) drawing contact be a losing formula?

Now get back to me with a good answer and I will think about it.

ZonaBBB

Same take every year.  Point Guard needs to get to the foul line.  Its a requirement to win the NCAA Championship.  If you do not have one you cant win.  Get some new material!

KansasCityCats

Drawing contact isn't a losing formula but our offense has been consistently efficient over the past 2.5 seasons without a point guard that draws fouls.  With the uptempo pace and high shooting percentage, there's no need to bench a guy whose conference ranks are 6th in steals, 7th in assists and shoots 42%.

Boswell isn't the issue.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 05, 2024, 02:31:02 PMDrawing contact isn't a losing formula but our offense has been consistently efficient over the past 2.5 seasons without a point guard that draws fouls.  With the uptempo pace and high shooting percentage, there's no need to bench a guy whose conference ranks are 6th in steals, 7th in assists and shoots 42%.

Boswell isn't the issue.

Boswell is not a PG. He is an undersized SG.

It is a weak conference and he is only 6th and 7th best? Now you are starting to kill your own argument.

arxpert

Quote from: ZonaBBB on January 05, 2024, 01:19:42 PMSame take every year.  Point Guard needs to get to the foul line.  Its a requirement to win the NCAA Championship.  If you do not have one you cant win.  Get some new material!

I understand that Tommy's sole purpose to to keep his players in College and prevent them from becoming Pro's, but disallowing Boswell from playing inside the 3pt line is a different level of sabotage if that is what you are trying to communicate. Wow.

I don't know where you're getting your data from, but I don't recall posting anything about Guards needing to get to the line until this Boswell situation. I can't remember the last title team that had a 30min per game type primary ballhandler that drew zero contact on purpose, by design.

KansasCityCats

Weren't you just talking about how wonderful Adama Bal is and how he deserves playing time?  He isn't ranked as highly as Boswell in either statistic and the WCC is a drastic step below the PAC-12