Arizona Vs Colgate 🏀 Game Discussion Thread 12/2/23 At 1pm PAC12N

Started by WILD, November 28, 2023, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona Vs Colgate 🏀 Game Discussion Thread 12/2/23 At 1pm PAC12N

The Colgate Raiders and the Arizona Wildcats meet Saturday in college basketball action from McKale Center. Colgate beat Binghamton in their last game, which improved the Raiders to 4-3 overall. As for Arizona, they're undefeated through six games so far. The Wildcats most recently dispatched Michigan State last Thursday.

Colgate Raiders
The Raiders have had quite the choppy year so far, going 3-3 over their first six games. In those matchups Colgate beat Brown, Gardner-Webb and Weber State while otherwise falling to Syracuse, Yale and Harvard. In the 76-70 loss to the Crimson, Colgate shot just 36.8 percent from the field but also managed a 45-34 rebounding advantage.

Colgate was able to get back into the win column versus Binghamton in a blowout result. The Raiders were up 44-23 going into the second half and posted 40 more points in an 84-49 finish. Braeden Smith was the team's leading scorer in the victory with 21 points, four rebounds, nine assists and five steals.

Arizona Wildcats
Over on the Wildcats' side, it's been all Ws so far—with a couple of close finishes mixed in there. Arizona beat Morgan State, Duke, Southern, Belmont and TX Arlington in their first five games of the season. The Wildcats managed to shoot an excellent 52.1 percent from the field in the 101-56 blowout win over the Mavericks, adding 46 rebounds and 27 team assists.

Arizona cut it fairly close in their last matchup versus Michigan State but still walked away with a victory. The Wildcats were up 40-30 going into the second half and held on for the 74-68 outcome. All five starters finished in double-figures, including Caleb Love's 17 points, four assists and four rebounds.

BDU's Free Pick
I'm going to lean toward Arizona. The Wildcats are coming off yet another nice performance in their last outing versus a strong Michigan State team, shooting 45.8 percent from the field with a 39-34 rebounding advantage. The 3-point shooting wasn't great however, at 26.3 percent (5-of-19). That said, the Wildcats will have every advantage in this one and should roll in a blowout finish. An Arizona pick makes total sense.

Still, Colgate has a few good scoring outings under their collective belt this year with 70 or more points in four of their seven games. The Raiders could rack up some significant points in garbage time, but I think Arizona still has the cover.

Arizona is favored at -21 and the Over/Under is 149.5

Let's talk about the Wildcats Vs Raiders!

BEARDOWN!!!

Live stream link!
Click Here For Live Stream Link.

Get A FREE Premium BDU membership Register Here

CactusCat

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

Little George

arxpert

Didn't get to see this one live.

The 35-30 1st half didn't appear to be too bad per the box score though it was my concern as mentioned on the score thread, but we let them back in late in the 1st.

2 games in a row where a team seemed to come out flat against us in the 2nd half and we scored steadily. That is a narrative that can bode well vs anyone.

Was it good defense? Was it just a mid major out of gas? We saw Duke hang around on us in a similar situation and Michigan St somewhat similarly. So maybe we didn't learn too much more than good teams can weather the storm vs us.

I noticed Pelle not in foul trouble. That is good. Caleb Love only 12 shots. That is even better.

Not enough trips to the FT line. I would like to see our guards force the issue more and get to the line. We can sink them.

Ballo 1-5... a True Liability.

Krivas is too slow. I get it. But we need him to grow up fast. Any news on Vessaar?

KJ Lewis, stud. Pay this man a NIL raise immediately before someone else does.

Boswell believed his own hype and has slowed down a bit. Get back to form please.

Bradley, not my favorite TBH, but he seems to be pretty efficient overall when he gets action.

Anything I'm missing from this game? Any nuance I should be looking for in the fight to come?

CactusCat

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

KansasCityCats

Colgate came out with tough defense and we were a bit rusty from the start because it was a 4pm tip and had an entire week off.

Ballo was a monster on the boards. He was knocking down mid range shots but obviously needs to continue working on his FT's.

KJ Lewis's dream school was Arizona. He will continue to grow with this staff and will be the primary focus of our team within the next year or two.

Deb

Love this team, the whole dang squad. My fav team since DWill. Just a diff feel to the season to me this year.

Ballo with a dbl/dbl - Love with an awesome statline: 14p, 8r, 3a, 3st, and a block.

"We got dogs and we got winners."

This. is. our. year.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on December 03, 2023, 10:32:58 AMColgate came out with tough defense and we were a bit rusty from the start because it was a 4pm tip and had an entire week off.

Ballo was a monster on the boards. He was knocking down mid range shots but obviously needs to continue working on his FT's.

KJ Lewis's dream school was Arizona. He will continue to grow with this staff and will be the primary focus of our team within the next year or two.

Ballo knocking down mid-range jumpers? Lol wow. Well, I can't knock that. If he can make FT's he would not be a liability anymore.

BearDownU - Menu