Miller is recruiting Jordan Brown 5 Star 6'10 190lb PF

Started by WILD, March 22, 2018, 10:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Miller is recruiting Jordan Brown 5 Star 6'10 190lb PF

Brown was originally thought to be going to UCLA. Things changed once Shareef O'neal committed as they both play the same position. Brown is now leaning toward the California golden bears as it's said that he wants to stay in Cali. Hopefully Miller can work his magic & get Brown who is actually rated higher than Shareef to come to Arizona. We'll keep you posted. 

hrgnj

Hopefully this turns out like it did when TJ Leaf decommitted.  We ended up getting Lauri instead.

Bear

He will have to weigh his priorities carefully. Both Cal and us can offer him ample playing time but a winning culture and ability to get players to the NBA is owned by Miller hands down.

talj1@juno.com

Personally think that Oniel is way over rated.  I think I would totally take Brown over Oniel so ya...totally a TJ Leaf situation.  Oniel could have been a real circus of distraction too.  How do you coach Shak's son if Shak decides to be an overbearing parent...could see that situation becoming a real nightmare.  Couldn't be much worse than the Ball fiasco?  Let UCLA deal with it.  Not upset at all that they are not coming hear.  Williams on the other hand...really like that kid and will be heart broken if he doesn't come.

talj1@juno.com

Also don't know much about Brown but if he is an above average defender...sign me up.

mvpreed2

Quote from: talj1@juno.com on March 23, 2018, 05:30:17 PM
Also don't know much about Brown but if he is an above average defender...sign me up.

Last I saw and heard, he was all defense.
Shot blocker, rim-runner, simplistic offensive skill set, but that was about a year ago.
I read they were trying to extend his range on the jumper to make him more attractive to NBA scouts.
This COULD end up being Leaf/Markkanen 2.0 but I don't think anyone lost in that situation.
Both got stellar talents, immediate-impact freshmen, and both turned their seasons into 1st round picks.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Johnny-bravo

I guess I don't understand the Leaf/Markkanen comparison.  Was UCLA ever in the running for Lauri?  And didn't Arizona push Leaf away?  Also, lthough I understand the desire to put lipstick on a pig, but it's hard to say we are better off without O'Neal.

Paper_Bag

Quote from: Johnny-bravo on March 25, 2018, 06:38:23 AM
I guess I don't understand the Leaf/Markkanen comparison.  Was UCLA ever in the running for Lauri?  And didn't Arizona push Leaf away?  Also, lthough I understand the desire to put lipstick on a pig, but it's hard to say we are better off without O'Neal.

The leaf/markkanen thing was different but I guess it's similar in that one player who played the same spot decommitted and we ended up with a better player as a result. UCLA wasn't in the running for lauri or anything, AZ began recruiting lauri while Leaf was committed so he opted out. Leaf was also getting pressured by his AAU coaches to flip to UCLA

azfreak

WILD

Nice post azfreak. Let's see if Miller can work his magic & pull off an epic upgrade in getting Brown instead of Shareef.