Did ACE/PGU start this whole mess with Book & the FBI??

Started by WILD, September 30, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Did ACE & PGU start this whole mess with Book & the FBI??
PGU the biggest UofA fan website went down in mid February and the whole ACE died was used as a cover for the real reason the site was gone.

Rumor was that it was shut down due to tax evasion and that his computers were confiscated with the IRS coming down hard on him. The other rumor is that Miller had the site shutdown because if the Trier fiasco and the private info he was releasing.

ACE was getting his info from BOOK Richardson. Now that it's come to light that Book was taking money from agents(allegedly)it shows it would've been easy for someone like ACE, who bragged about having deep pockets to give Book a good chunk of change($5,000)for inside his inside info. Miller did suspend Book for leaking inside info to ACE. I believe ever since then Book has been trying to get back into Miller's good graces as he was almost let go. Until now it's been like an unspoken rule to not talk about it in order to not spread rumors about an Arizona assistant coach, but I see no need to hold back now. 

So let's say his computers did get confiscated and the site got shut down. Maybe that is what helped start this whole mess. If the IRS did come after ACE then any contact with a UofA assistant coach would've thew up red flags.

This is all just a theory, but how horrible would it be to have one of the most hated (loved/worshipped) by many to actually somehow be a part of the scandal we find ourselves in today?

The time frames do match up with PGU going down in February(ACE faking his death) and Book starting to be watched by the FBI around that time. 

The above was posted on twitter when PGU went down

Either way if Book was trying to get back on Miller's good side it could've also played a part in all of this. Until last year we we weren't really recruiting up to the level Miler expected especially on the East Coast. Book may have been feeling the heat & started to do whatever it took to bring the players in. As he said in the reports it was to "get the ridiculous leverage with the program" 

It really does make you think.

AZCatMom

I actually floated this theory on day one to a reporter friend of mine.  Said I watched to many crime dramas!   ;D   But I said ACE could easily have been a CI on the whole sting since it started in Las Vegas and then he "disappeared"!

astrocats

Funny, when ace took the site down and faked his own death I attributed it to mental Heath issues.

dashots_UA

I thought this also lol.  The timing, the Vegas introduction, the falling out of favor with Arizona, the sudden shut down of the site, the egotistical nature of ACE and the fact that he would have squealed like a pig to federal authorities if he had anything that could have lowered his punishment(which judging by his very close contacts within the team/program, he did).  He also surely knew about things happening w/ schools outside of Arizona as well because much of his life was spent following the AAU cesspool around the country.  He surely would have known things. ATM extremely speculative.... but not impossible.
Bear Down.

DWIZZ

I'll say this. ACE liked to brag & he bragged about having an inside source on the team. It did get a while ago that it was Book and when Miller found out Book was in the dog house big time. What your saying makes total sense and could very well be a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon type thing.

GoCatZ

Wow, who would've thought there would be another even bigger reason to hate ACE. Mind blown!!

Little George

Never had a hate for Ace. Did not like how rude he was at times with many posters and followers. He had a lot of TRUE inside info coming from Book. My take is this. Ace was Books connection as well as Ace was well connected to several AAU groups. When Ace did the disappearing act the inside stuff went away and Book had to find a new connection. That new connection is where Book got into trouble. It could well have been Ace to some degree, but I think it would have been a part of this mess of inside deals were made to get this stuff going. I have said too much already. But there is another side to that story. There is a reason I do not frequent other sites.
I talk often with people on those sites and stay up with what is going on, but sometimes they try to build excitement where there is none. That is how they keep people paying. That is how they make their money to keep there sites open. Respected but!

I will mention one guy for sure. I respect this guys words more than anyone else following Arizona sports. He doesn't worry about being first, but he is almost always right. That guy is Brad Ellis. If he says it, it is most likely good info period.

Some of those guys are real frauds but we are not here to condemn anyone.

thomallet

I know LG knows, but I have followed Brad for some time and have similar feelings there. I like to watch, listen and read from almost all of the sports writers and then let Brad or LG confirm it. I miss him since he moved away. We road tripped a few games in the midwest from time to time when Arizona made it out this way. I knew that LG knew Ace but he never really talked a lot about it. Just would drop a hint or two from time to time about what was happening.
I like some aspects of each of the sites but have been on the scout site the longest. This site is cool as a fan site, but as it grows there will be people here just to screw it up because that is what they do. So I will enjoy it while I can. Just wish we were all enjoying a successful football season and building for a spectacular basketball season right now.

ZonaBBB

If I remember correctly didn't Ace predict Brian Bowen to Zona?  I looked it up on twitter to search. Sure enough. He did say Brian Bowen was going to commit in a few days.

https://twitter.com/dashots_ua/status/852964181548474368

WILD

Exactly, he did say that UofA was going to get Bowen before PGU went down. That was his last prediction. Then poof.