Completely run out of the gym

Started by arxpert, December 01, 2022, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Completely run out of the gym. We didn't belong on the same court tongiht.

I said this team was at-risk of a Hawaiian Hangover.

Tommy Lloyd coached one of his worst games tonight. It's a recurring theme when we lose. He doesn't know how to stop the bleeding and doesn't know how to get the team to calm down. Way too many 3pt shots for a team that couldn't hit a shot if their life depended on it. He thinks this is the NBA and you can go down 20 then shoot your way back in. It only works when both teams want to run. When Arizona is running and the opponent is methodical, it is unlikely you will win a game that you shoot poorly with limited FG attempts.

This team got within 6 then Lloyd got cocky and encouraged the knuckleheads to jack up needless 3s especially with no rebounders in the area instead of continuously grinding and getting to the line. Took Tubelis out of the game with 3 fouls when he should have trusted him and known that Utah was going to play to get a 4th on him where he could have controlled how Utah played offense and planned appropriately. Instead he got scared and let Utah do whatever they wanted thinking we could just start magically swishing 3s when we couldn't make anything all night. No common coaching sense. Never called the timeouts in the right moments. Never got over the hump. Never got the team to gain the confidence to complete the comeback.

We got taught a big lesson tonight. Thoroughly exposed. Easy to see we have absolutely no commitment to defense outside of Henderson and Ballo. Pelle has really been the biggest disappointment of the season. If he isn't a lockdown defender he is really barely a 15 minute per game player.

LeftCoastCats

Not much to disagree with.

I'd hesitate to make sweeping generalizations about Tommy's coaching deficits, because his coaching has won a ton of games and he's pressed the right buttons more often than not. This one game, he absolutely deserves criticism, because he made mistakes tonight - but we'll be just fine.

KansasCityCats

Wow, it's the first time you can actually use the phrase "run out of the gym" without looking stupid. I'm shocked that it took almost an entire hour to post.

I didn't read anything because you likely just ripped the defending National Coach of the Year for the currently ranked #4 program.

Regardless, Arizona couldn't buy a bucket. Ugly shooting night.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on December 01, 2022, 09:34:24 PM
Wow, it's the first time you can actually use the phrase "run out of the gym" without looking stupid. I'm shocked that it took almost an entire hour to post.

I didn't read anything because you likely just ripped the defending National Coach of the Year for the currently ranked #4 program.

Regardless, Arizona couldn't buy a bucket. Ugly shooting night.

As I choose to believe - if someone isn't angry about what they saw tonight, they are not a true fan. The learning lesson has happened. Now tighten up, smash Cal then prove this was a 1-off and smash Indiana then Tennessee. That's the only thing they can do. Conference losses are going to happen.