EA Sports College Football

Started by arxpert, January 16, 2024, 04:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

EA Sports College Football is planned to launch on July 12, 2024

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1747343369955623169

EA will reportedly offer a one-time payment of about $500 per player and no royalties, according to On3 — despite the fact that the entire video game industry pays royalties. The schools, though, will receive up to 10% of revenue.

This doesn't seem like a respectable deal. I suspect we are going to see a NCAA CBA / Players Association scenario start soon if it hasn't already.

Players should be able to negotiate their own rate for NIL in this game or be "create a players" with fake names...

Things like this can make a serious impact on a "need" to transfer. If a player can negotiate for themselves would they always automatically need to jump to a different school? Maybe they could earn enough from things like this to just become legends of their University... which could also be a Game Mode in this Video Game eventually. Not that they need my help as EA Sports has been in lawsuit after lawsuit over how they sell upgrades within their games.

I wonder if they are going to be allowed to do the "Ultimate Team" system with "Card Packs" that you have to pay for like they do with the Professional games.

I think this could get ugly quickly and result in Players getting a bigger slice of the pie year to year. $500 per year isn't going to cut it and the nature of Sports games is selling it every year (a $60-$80 Roster Update) as the kids say since usually they don't really improve much about the games, it's more geared toward accounting for player movement, rule changes and such.

PS - I'm sure NCAA 2K Hoops will come back soon too.

KansasCityCats

If there are 100 scholarship players on 133 D-1 teams, EA is paying $6,650,000 to the players PLUS 10% to the schools (likely for more NIL money) and also has to pay everybody associated with the creation/sales of the game.

The players should take what they can get. $2,000 to be on a video game during your four year career is better than I did as a band nerd at the U of A...

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 16, 2024, 04:31:55 PMIf there are 100 scholarship players on 133 D-1 teams, EA is paying $6,650,000 to the players PLUS 10% to the schools (likely for more NIL money) and also has to pay everybody associated with the creation/sales of the game.

The players should take what they can get. $2,000 to be on a video game during your four year career is better than I did as a band nerd at the U of A...

There's reasons why you can't play as Michael Jordan in NBA Jam (except for the ultra rare copy and cabinet that exists).

In the end, sure, if you are a DB4 it's a great deal. If you are an impact player it's a horrible deal.

It needs to become individualized. I understand why it isn't as much in Pro Leagues, but this is NIL and "Amateurs" not "Professionals". They took a terrible deal.

EA obviously threatened to not make the game at all. Then they threatened to make it with the NCAA licensing and have create-a-players again. Then they beat the kids into submission to get their NIL in the games.

The brass tax is EA is scamming the kids. Everyone should be able to opt out of the default $500 (and likely a free digital copy of the game) and negotiate for themselves.

FCat

Quote from: arxpert on January 17, 2024, 12:50:30 PM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 16, 2024, 04:31:55 PMIf there are 100 scholarship players on 133 D-1 teams, EA is paying $6,650,000 to the players PLUS 10% to the schools (likely for more NIL money) and also has to pay everybody associated with the creation/sales of the game.

You can literally play as MJ in the current NBA 2k game
There's reasons why you can't play as Michael Jordan in NBA Jam (except for the ultra rare copy and cabinet that exists).

In the end, sure, if you are a DB4 it's a great deal. If you are an impact player it's a horrible deal.

It needs to become individualized. I understand why it isn't as much in Pro Leagues, but this is NIL and "Amateurs" not "Professionals". They took a terrible deal.

EA obviously threatened to not make the game at all. Then they threatened to make it with the NCAA licensing and have create-a-players again. Then they beat the kids into submission to get their NIL in the games.

The brass tax is EA is scamming the kids. Everyone should be able to opt out of the default $500 (and likely a free digital copy of the game) and negotiate for themselves.

arxpert

Quote from: FedExCat on January 17, 2024, 05:37:26 PM

NBA Jam is not NBA 2K. Sit Down.

And by the looks of the Cbox, you'll be on the roasting block soon enough. State what you know or what you think you know about the Football team already.

FCat

Quote from: arxpert on January 17, 2024, 07:20:10 PM

And by the looks of the Cbox, you'll be on the roasting block soon enough. State what you know or what you think you know about the Football team already.

Suck my balls

arxpert

Quote from: FedExCat on January 17, 2024, 07:53:55 PM

Suck my balls

That qualifies as a personal attack and hate speech. Junior.

FCat

Quote from: arxpert on January 17, 2024, 10:27:02 PM

Suck my balls

I am literally 500 times smarter than you so zip it

arxpert

Quote from: FedExCat on January 18, 2024, 05:22:19 PM

Suck my balls

Can't see what you said anymore, but I can say that you need a timeout junior.

FCat

Quote from: arxpert on January 18, 2024, 10:44:33 PM

Suck my balls

Wrong. Oh. And I was pretty spot on with the news I had. Fyi. So take the L here, bub.

arxpert

Quote from: FedExCat on January 22, 2024, 07:46:53 PM

Suck my balls

Wrong. Oh. And I was pretty spot on with the news I had. Fyi. So take the L here, bub.

Not sure what you are saying. Your comments don't even show up. You must have been standing in the corner for a long time because I completely forgot about your existence here.

FCat

Quote from: arxpert on January 23, 2024, 12:36:18 AM
Quote from: FedExCat on January 22, 2024, 07:46:53 PM

Suck my balls

Not sure what you are saying. Your comments don't even show up. You must have been standing in the corner for a long time because I completely forgot about your existence here.

Hey come chat with me in the SB. Oh wait...nvm LMFAO

BearDownU - Menu