Game plan for ASU

Started by Liquidated, January 29, 2019, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquidated

I've only seen ASU a few times this year, but what I have seen is maybe the most aggressive, energized BB team in the PAC12 in years.

ASU is a rowdy environment, especially with AZ in the building so this will be the most hostile game imaginable.

Miller is way behind the 8 ball here, we should be heavy underdogs, IMO, he needs to try something crazy. Of course, hell has not frozen over yet, so we'll be running the pack line D and Miller will look like Bambi trying to cross the track of a Nascar race.

IMO, the key so to take away ASU's energy.

I would start out as slow and plodding as possible. Give them no opportunities for steal or block or big time defensive play, and play as little physically as possible. S L  O   W  the game down as much as possible.

Once the crowd and their payers settle down, sort of lulled into a slower game, put Lee, Doutrive and Barcello in and run and play super aggressive. Once they match that intensity, slow it down again...

This is pretty much what Oregon State did.

Dictating tempo and the pace of this game is essential. Foul Trouble could be huge issue for us, we will not win if Ira Lee fouls out and they will be going at him all night. Dork is an amazing player, but he is young and he gets rattled and taken out of games... I might consider Luther on a hedge coming up to the high post screen and just laying him out one play, early. Don't hurt him, but make it a hard foul, even flagrant.

I know that Miller is our coach, but I can at least dream about making in game adjustments to help us win. Really think dictating tempo is the best chance we would have.

"How does this guy still have his job?! That makes no sense...the world is getting nuked around him and Sean Miller is still there..."  - Mark Titus