Arizona has offered 6'8 2021 4-Star PF Ben Gregg

Started by WILD, May 03, 2020, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

I remember  ben he visited Arizona  last year months ago took a unofficial  visit   was thinking Arizona  was not going to offer but they did he is a Oregon kid like bittle  we will see.

Jdmarti

I like this it seems like Arizona  is picking it up in
2021 class. Gregg is a nice player an he can space the court from the 4 position.

WILD

Ben Gregg ends up committing to Gonzaga. He was going to come to Arizona, but he ultimately picked the Zags after they offered.

https://twitter.com/bengregg20/status/1303770502440185856

Jdmarti

The word was on gregg  that gonzaga was his dream school an his family was from spokane so I think he jumped at the offer once they made one.

I am frustrated because they waited to offer late in the process  once they did not land  banchero  its  hearing that was the school that he wanted a offer from I understand why they were able to get away with a late offer. Either way it sucks because Arizona  was going to land him.
Arizona  also missed out  yesterday on jahmai  mashack  who went to Tennessee.
Hopefully  Arizona  can get holmes to replace gregg.

KansasCityCats

Damn.  Hard working, well spoken, versatile and big.  Would have loved to see him in our frontcourt...

Jdmarti

Same hear defantly frustrating.
Gonzaga stole him from us it really sucks now Arizona  must get d.holmes.

mvpreed2

What I am going to say is that there is no rules in recruiting.
As long as the ink is still wet on that LOI, there is still time to make a play.

Few knew that always had an ace in the hole (Gregg) if they struck out on whomever they were after.
The same thing happened with Hollis-Jefferson and North Carolina, but Coach Book had him sold on Arizona and dubbed UNC and came to Arizona.
I am not sure how Miller played this, but I get the feeling he thought Gregg was locked in.
A prospect is never locked in until they are, and hopefully Miller does not let this happen again.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

I am sure it will happen again it's just how recruiting  works sometimes,  I think when the zags  did not land  banchero,  an gregg had not committed  they knew it was his dream school all they had two due was offer an they had him, it's kinda like they played with him, probably  why they did not offer him until banchero  made his decision.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu