Bronny James enters the Portal

Started by arxpert, April 02, 2024, 10:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Pack up Boswell's bags and pay Bronny James to join Arizona.

So many people hate on Bronny. I didn't respect him at all due to how he came into the landscape, but the fact of the matter is he definitely has high level Basketball IQ and he is a very good passer. With a proper Coach would would let him just distribute the ball and play intelligent defense I can see him thrive.

I say Bronny comes to Tucson to play backup PG

Lebron literally coached USC from the sideline/courtside at the end of the season and put the blueprint out on how to beat us easily. That alone spoke loud volumes.

Bradley - Phillips
KJ - Bronny (Boswell)
Carter - Sanon
Henri - Stephen
Krivas - Dylan

If only Tommy could coach deeper than 7 players...

And even if Boswell remained here and we didn't add Bronny OR ANYONE ELSE - that group of 10 names I just put down has every type of player. Every type of offense. Every type of defense. Any combination of 5 on the floor could be dominant. However, this isn't the NBA and Tommy can't seem to handle coaching this many players.

So it is what it is. I see a fantastic group on paper, but Tommy will force 30 to 40% of these 10 names to sit on the bench night in night out.

PS - Tommy better be careful because Bradley is going to be getting some heavy offers to leave Arizona after he demonstrated he was the best player on the the entire team for the last 2 months and into the Tournament, just massively held back by Tommy. Hopefully Tommy can find a way to keep Bradley on board (and KJ) with what is coming in it would really be something fun to watch.

arxpert

PPS - Could Johnell Davis be persuaded to come lead a rag tag group like this? A very interesting player to enter the portal. I would be very down with him joining up. Can't have too many hungry players who go out there and fight with Heart.

Bradley
Johnell
KJ Lewis

That would be a fierce and scary 3 players to have to go up against on the floor together.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Are you suggesting that other schools contact players that have not entered their names into the transfer portal? *gasp* That would be against the rules, wouldn't it?

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 03, 2024, 04:59:59 AMAre you suggesting that other schools contact players that have not entered their names into the transfer portal? *gasp* That would be against the rules, wouldn't it?

Lebron announced in on social media. Whatever Lebron says is the gospel. I can care less if we are caught tampering like that. What are they going to do to us? Take a scholarship away? Not like Tommy needs more than 7 anyway.

This post was about Bronny, but in reality I really REALLY want Johnell Davis.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on April 03, 2024, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 03, 2024, 04:59:59 AMAre you suggesting that other schools contact players that have not entered their names into the transfer portal? *gasp* That would be against the rules, wouldn't it?

Lebron announced in on social media. Whatever Lebron says is the gospel. I can care less if we are caught tampering like that. What are they going to do to us? Take a scholarship away? Not like Tommy needs more than 7 anyway.

I didn't mean Bronny. I was referring to you saying Bradley would be getting some big offers to leave Arizona.

Zona Nation

You realize Lloyd just ran an 8 man rotation this past season, right?
BTFD!

arxpert

Quote from: Zona Nation on April 03, 2024, 01:59:16 PM

I do not count putting Krivas in as a mechanism to give Ballo a breather an 8th player in the rotation. There were barely any Krivas sets, no plays, nothing for him. Krivas carved out some stats on his own merit obviously, but he was nothing more than a relief body. Krivas was completely uncoached, unrefined, and put out there for the sake of being out there like a baby Giraffe that was trying to figure out how to stand up for the first time.

That is not the same as playing 8 functional players. In fact, KJ Lewis and Bradley had SLIGHTLY more action out there and a true fan would understand that Tommy played about 6.25 players deep. Half of Bradley, Half of KJ, 1/4 of Krivas. Tommy just could not figure out what to do with the players so he just left it up to Caleb Love to jack up 3's.

I find it insulting to the kids. I'm not shocked to see the departures. I expect more.

I am being generous to say that Tommy even played KJ and Bradley. No idea why you think it is funny to contest that fact. Tommy has problems coaching past 5 to 6 players. It is time people start looking at it for the truth it is.

Unironically, 99% of what I say is literally discussed in the CBOX all day and night from the angle of AGREEMENT and AFTER I bring it up in some capacity because it is the cold hard truth, but by all means continue to come off as a hater LOL.

I make my posts an inclusive place. I also make my posts in a place where people can skip the content if they choose to. You make the choices to consume it.

Zona Nation

Quote from: arxpert on April 03, 2024, 11:02:00 PM
Quote from: Zona Nation on April 03, 2024, 01:59:16 PM

I do not count putting Krivas in as a mechanism to give Ballo a breather an 8th player in the rotation. There were barely any Krivas sets, no plays, nothing for him. Krivas carved out some stats on his own merit obviously, but he was nothing more than a relief body. Krivas was completely uncoached, unrefined, and put out there for the sake of being out there like a baby Giraffe that was trying to figure out how to stand up for the first time.

That is not the same as playing 8 functional players. In fact, KJ Lewis and Bradley had SLIGHTLY more action out there and a true fan would understand that Tommy played about 6.25 players deep. Half of Bradley, Half of KJ, 1/4 of Krivas. Tommy just could not figure out what to do with the players so he just left it up to Caleb Love to jack up 3's.

I find it insulting to the kids. I'm not shocked to see the departures. I expect more.

I am being generous to say that Tommy even played KJ and Bradley. No idea why you think it is funny to contest that fact. Tommy has problems coaching past 5 to 6 players. It is time people start looking at it for the truth it is.

Unironically, 99% of what I say is literally discussed in the CBOX all day and night from the angle of AGREEMENT and AFTER I bring it up in some capacity because it is the cold hard truth, but by all means continue to come off as a hater LOL.

I make my posts an inclusive place. I also make my posts in a place where people can skip the content if they choose to. You make the choices to consume it.
LMAO
BTFD!

beardownzona

Well I will say I specifically remember Lloyd saying during a post game interview that he "Quit coaching Krivas" and just encouraged him to play and not overthink things....so this all makes sense haha

BearDownU - Menu