NIL Proposals - POST THEM

Started by arxpert, December 04, 2023, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Use this thread to post some NIL based proposals. This can be for any sport, but Football seems to be the biggest pool of players moving around.

------------->

One thing I would like to see in the NIL Era is if players transfer out, then whichever school lands the player should have to pay a fee to the original school as well as the player should have to pay a fee too.

So for example, if we lose players we should get some dividends in a slush fund to help buy new players.

If JDL ended up at San Diego St and got paid 250k by the boosters, I believe JDL should have to forfeit something like 5% or 10% to Arizona's Booster NIL Fund as a kickback. That would help us replace the talent lost.

All schools should do this. If "Good QBs" cost "$1-2mil" in the Portal, then the focus could shift toward actually helping to develop players instead of just flushing them or moving on from them during the season. More money for the teams/program. More incentive for Coaching to care about the kids and more incentive for the kids to care about the program they originally commit to as opposed to trying to use it as a stepping stone without remorse nor recourse.

I say this since there is no penalty anymore for transferring. Soon people won't even remember when kids had to sit out a full year for transferring!

What are your proposals???

Let's hear them! Post some hot takes if you want. Or come back at me!