Arizona's new era of NCAA Tournament history!

Started by CactusCat, December 07, 2021, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusCat

It the NEW ERA under t. lloyd and he is off to a great start in my estimation. 
It's anybody's guess if/where the team will be seeded and how far this year's team will advance in the NCAA Tournament but Arizona is playing a style that I enjoy watching and despite the lack of recruiting (thus far) I feel optimistic about the future.

That being said let's review Arizona Basketball's first round losses in hopes t. lloyd can avoid them.
YEAR:              Arizona's seed:              Coach:
92-93                                     2                                          Olson
91-92                                     3                                          Olson
98-99                                     4                                          Olson
17-18                                     4                                          Miller
94-95                                     5                                          Olson
15-16                                     6                                          Miller
06-07                                     8                                          Olson
85-86                                     9                                          Olson
03-04                                    10                                         Olson
84-85                                    10                                         Olson
86-87                                    10                                         Olson
07-08                                    10                                         O'Neill

Again let's review, in the interest hoping to avoid second round NCAA losses (I.E. not making it through the first weekend)
YEAR:              Arizona's seed:              Coach:
99-00                                      1                                           Olson
89-90                                      2                                           Olson
05-06                                      8                                           Olson

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

Deb

Geez - we ALL know Lute had some ugly first round exits. But he got AZ to 23 consecutive!!! postseasons. You don't get there, you don't get even a chance. 

And he proved he could make it past that - which he did with 4 FF's and a title. Plus, he did it in his 5th season here.

That. Is. The. Difference.

CactusCat

Deb,
In your reply you mentioned the first round exits, but forgot the second round exits.
Good thing I posted the review above.

hamster

CactusCat

Good point Hamster, thank you for your insight.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu