Cortney Ramey 6'3 PG grad transfer from Texas has committed to Arizona!

Started by WILD, June 10, 2022, 12:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Cortney Ramey 6-3 PG grad transfer from Texas has committed to Arizona!

The 6-foot-3, 185 pound Ramey averaged 9.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists, while shooting 39% from the field and 35% from three-point range.  for the Longhorns last season. He chose UofA over Connecticut, Duke, Houston, Illinois, Kansas, Kansas State, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

"I chose Arizona because of the history of their program and the relationship I developed with Coach (Tommy) Lloyd."

"Arizona plays at a fast pace and I view myself as a guard who is best in transition," Ramey said. "The past couple of years, I did not get to show that because of former styles of offense but I think playing faster is something that can help my career path. Additionally, the Pac-12 is different from the Big 12. The Big 12 is more physical while the Pac-12 is more up and down with a good flow to the game. Also, I like the school because of who I am. I am a dog and I feel I can bring that to the culture of Arizona after they had a successful year one."
Full Story Below
https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Courtney-Ramey-transfer-Texas-commits-to-Arizona-Basketball-Recruiting--187808150/

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1535343678885068804

Highlights

More on Ramey below
https://texassports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/courtney-ramey/11236

Aokay

Enjoy your stay in Tucson, Cortney, along with your new teammates. Looking forward to seeing you carve up the Pac-12 and the OOC schedule. CTL makes playing the game fun and exciting. You chose well. Bear Down young man.

mvpreed2

Welcome to the family that is Arizona Cortney!

I am not trying to say that their play on the court will be similar, but you notice that Lloyd was able to replace each body he lost from 2021-22?
Kier/Mathurin/Terry/Koloko are on their way out.
Ramey/Borovicanin/Henderson/Veesaar & Anderson are on their way in.

At this point, which one of these bigs is not going to make the rotation?
Lloyd only went three deep last season, unless he wants to have a four-man rotation?
A lot of versatility and questions that I am going to have for this roster in 2022, but for now, I will sit back and enjoy the successful season Arizona just came off of.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on June 12, 2022, 05:16:03 AM

I am not trying to say that their play on the court will be similar, but you notice that Lloyd was able to replace each body he lost from 2021-22?

Lloyd only went three deep last season, unless he wants to have a four-man rotation?
A lot of versatility and questions that I am going to have for this roster in 2022, but for now, I will sit back and enjoy the successful season Arizona just came off of.

I don't see a 10 player rotation happening.

Kerr
Bal
Tubelis
Vessar
Anderson (if he is as good as some say)

6th man Pelle
Ramey back up ball handler so at least 15mpg
Ballo rotational as needed same role as last year
Henderson gets minutes if theres foul trouble or some sort of bad matchup

Boro seems like someone who will be an odd man out unless he shows up and is flat out better than expected

WerderBremen

HahahahaHahahahaHahahaha

That is your starting line-up?

You are totally clueless

ChrisZona

Quote from: arxpert on June 12, 2022, 11:31:53 PM

Kerr
Bal
Tubelis
Vessar

6th man Pelle

Boro seems like someone who will be an odd man out unless he shows up and is flat out better than expected

Agree I think Anderson is going to be the "star" player. I wouldn't sleep on Tautvilas either he's going to be cold

DANI3L - (DT4)

Anyone that doesn't see how our offense will run through Anderson is a moron

mvpreed2

Quote from: arxpert on June 12, 2022, 11:31:53 PM

Kerr
Bal
Tubelis
Vessar

6th man Pelle

I believe there are a lot of differences in what you believe the starters to be, and I believe the starters to be.
Right now, I believe that these four are LOCKS for starters:

Kriisa
Larsson
Tubelis
Ballo

The question how is Lloyd going to use that other G/F spot?
Is he going to go with a ball-handler with Ramey?
Is he going Swiss-army knife with Henderson?
Is he going unproven commodity with Bal?
I do not believe Borovicanin/Veesaar are going to start as true freshmen, because they have too many bodies in front of them AND they need to add muscle to their frames.
They are going to play, but not start, but the 2023 season is when I expect Bal/Borovicanin/Veesaar to all start for Arizona.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDownU - Menu