End of the Tommy Lloyd Era

Started by arxpert, March 16, 2023, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

This is the greatest institutional failure in Arizona Basketball History. This is the end of every defensible comment anyone has ever made about Tommy Lloyd. We will not recover from this as a program for a very long time.

LeftCoastCats

We chose Kevin O'Neil to succeed Lute Olson... We overcame that as a program. Hopefully we as a fanbase don't cannibalize Tommy. He's a great coach.

Luckily for us, I believe Tommy learns from mistakes and adapts. This was a master class in poor coaching today and however you feel about them right now - we're likely returning everyone. That puts us in a great spot.

Hopefully Tommy gets over his blindness for Kerr Kriisa and lets Boswell take the mantle next year. Kid is the future and sadly the future is now.

KansasCityCats

Yeah, definitely worse than Santa Clara, East Tennessee St, Oklahoma, Illinois, Purdue, Wichita St, Xavier, Buffalo, Bucknell and (most importantly) Wisconsin twice.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-kentucky-sporting-news-preseason-top-25/lx6ydxbs3zutc5gojkwgrnlg

The expectations weren't there because the Cats are still building.  Lloyd set an NCAA RECORD for most wins in his first two seasons, including back-to-back conference tournament titles.

Recruits want to play for a coach that has an uptempo system in an amazing college atmosphere with high-end facilities.  Arizona checks all the boxes and will be relevant for a long time under Tommy Lloyd.

If you don't agree, then you have a personal vendetta that you will never overcome.

FOOS

Quote from: arxpert on March 16, 2023, 03:20:43 PM
This is the greatest institutional failure in Arizona Basketball History. This is the end of every defensible comment anyone has ever made about Tommy Lloyd. We will not recover from this as a program for a very long time.

Just can't get over you love for Miller. I actually feel bad for you

arxpert

Quote from: LeftCoastCats on March 16, 2023, 03:30:59 PM
We chose Kevin O'Neil to succeed Lute Olson... We overcame that as a program. Hopefully we as a fanbase don't cannibalize Tommy. He's a great coach.

Luckily for us, I believe Tommy learns from mistakes and adapts. This was a master class in poor coaching today and however you feel about them right now - we're likely returning everyone. That puts us in a great spot.

Hopefully Tommy gets over his blindness for Kerr Kriisa and lets Boswell take the mantle next year. Kid is the future and sadly the future is now.

It will be very difficult for anyone here to just say "You were right".

94FinalFour

Yep, total failure just like that other coach for AZ that lost as a two seed.  What was his name again?  Just a total loser... [INSERT SARCASM MEME HERE]

Quote from: arxpert on March 16, 2023, 04:14:44 PM

FOOS

Quote from: arxpert on March 16, 2023, 04:14:44 PM

your ego is enormous

FOOS

Just a ridiculous comment that really show yours hatred for the program.....and especially Lloyd.  Lute and the Cats lost as a 2 to 15 seed  Santa Clara in '93 yet somehow Lute and the Cats hung on to win it all in '97.  Virginia  lost as a 1 to a 16 in '18 and somehow Tony Bennett clung to life and extended his era to win it all the very next year.  Pretty sure Purdue and Matt Painter will continue the good fight

something1

CTL just set a new record for most wins a head coach has received in first two years. He's on pace to be the fastest HC to 100 wins. This is not the end of any era. In two years he made the tourney twice (winning the PAC tournament...twice). Most of us here want him to go on a deep run, which will end up happening sooner than later.

Anyone that thinks we should be getting rid of CTL is an idiot.

ZonaBBB

arxpert,
I've accused you of being related to Miller a few times.  Is this true?  You have seemed very bitter and attached to the end of the Miller era.
If not, what are you trying to accomplish? I'm very confused. Your name and comments would suggest you want credit for something.  It's all very confusing.

arxpert

Quote from: FOOS on March 18, 2023, 06:22:03 AM
Just a ridiculous comment that really show yours hatred for the program.....and especially Lloyd.  Lute and the Cats lost as a 2 to 15 seed  Santa Clara in '93 yet somehow Lute and the Cats hung on to win it all in '97.  Virginia  lost as a 1 to a 16 in '18 and somehow Tony Bennett clung to life and extended his era to win it all the very next year.  Pretty sure Purdue and Matt Painter will continue the good fight

King of the Fairweather Fans on this forum can't just admit someone was right the entire time. Hard to see you going out like this. But the refusal to just admit it is not just equal to validation for me, it is better. It means you agree with me and are too embarrassed to say it.

arxpert

Quote from: ZonaBBB on March 19, 2023, 02:30:46 PM
arxpert,
I've accused you of being related to Miller a few times.  Is this true?  You have seemed very bitter and attached to the end of the Miller era.
If not, what are you trying to accomplish? I'm very confused. Your name and comments would suggest you want credit for something.  It's all very confusing.

Welcome to my thread ZonaBBB. Did you come to acknowledge me?

ZonaBBB

arxpert,
You didnt answer either of my questions.

ZonaBBB

REPEAT x 5
I've accused you of being related (family relation) to Sean Miller a few times.  Is this true? 

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu