Oumar Ballo has entered the transfer portal, 800K possible NIL $$

Started by WILD, April 08, 2024, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOOS

Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 08, 2024, 07:35:52 PMSucks to see him leave, and a bit shocking that Lloyd was not able to convince him to stay.
All of these prospects leaving, and it looks like Arizona is going to be one of those programs that recruit elite HS talent and plug the remaining holes with quality transfers.
There will be no chemistry because no one will be on the roster longer than two seasons.

My biggest issue with this format is that I do not believe Arizona will ever make it to a Final Four like that.
Established veterans and chemistry will always win over talent.
If you do not believe me, look at the programs that made it to the Final Four this year, how old they are, and how long they have been in that program.
#BearDown

I guess CTL couldn't come up with $1.2M. This NIL thing is insane

KansasCityCats

I don't know that Lloyd wanted to give all of his minutes to a guy that will continue to be a free-throw liability, while preventing the other bigs an opportunity to play in the future.  This is a good move for everybody, assuming that Ballo isn't projected as a first rounder.

LeftCoastCats

Great for Ballo, but truly is a win-win for all parties.

The only thing that will likely sting is knowing that Indiana will almost certainly get the best version of Ballo. He turned into a walking double double and major force the 2nd half of his senior year. It's like something clicked for him and I imagine that will translate to being a major impact player next year.

Jdmarti

Glad ballo is getting payed, I would have preferred  to have him here one more year, but understand  he wanted to make that money in his last year,

I hope  ballo kills it at indiana.

mvpreed2

Quote from: FOOS on April 17, 2024, 05:58:02 AM
Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 08, 2024, 07:35:52 PMSucks to see him leave, and a bit shocking that Lloyd was not able to convince him to stay.
All of these prospects leaving, and it looks like Arizona is going to be one of those programs that recruit elite HS talent and plug the remaining holes with quality transfers.
There will be no chemistry because no one will be on the roster longer than two seasons.

My biggest issue with this format is that I do not believe Arizona will ever make it to a Final Four like that.
Established veterans and chemistry will always win over talent.
If you do not believe me, look at the programs that made it to the Final Four this year, how old they are, and how long they have been in that program.
#BearDown

I guess CTL couldn't come up with $1.2M. This NIL thing is insane
You say could not, I say Lloyd would not.
What is happening in the college basketball world is going ape **** in the football world.
Most of us here know I am a USC fan (relative), and a lot of these one-year free agents are basically pimping themselves out to the highest bidder.

USC just lost DL Raikes who transferred in from Texas A&M in JANUARY!
There have been...four DL prospects to come visit USC, but none have committed up to this point.
One landed at Texas and got a **** Lamborghini truck.
One has not come to visit yet, but everyone thought he was a lock to USC.
Another lock to USC, did not even visit, and landed at Oklahoma. 
Two have come and gone without a visit, and it doesn't look good for USC.

What is my point?
Some of my cousins think these DL would want to come to USC because there is a huge hole at DT, and with new DL coach Henderson, prospects should want to come to USC.
The problem is a lot of these "one-year rentals" is that they are only looking for a check.
Why else would someone walk away from a RB1 role and $400K?
Because you believe you could much more on the open market.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

USC will be fine because they'll always have money but they won't succeed until they find a coach that knows how to teach football. It's also nice to see that their recruits don't want to play in the Big-10. Top-10 preseason ranking and they finished 6th in the CONFERENCE?  Love seeing them leave the Pac in style. Haha.

BearDownU - Menu