Quote from: ChrisZona on April 11, 2020, 08:37:40 AM
So we have 4 slots available
PG/CG: James Akinjo, Brandon Williams, Terrell Brown
SG: Jemarl Baker
G/F: Dalen Terry, Ben Mathurin
SF:
F/C: Ira Lee
C: Christian Koloko, Jordan Brown

I would try to add two forwards (ideally Ziaire as one), another big and it seems like Haarms is the best available, and one more guard ideally a sit-out guy or a 4 year developmental guy like Kerwin who wouldn't demand a lot of minutes (though that seems to be off the table).
I might be the only one that may be of this mindset, but I am not going to be including BW in any roster projections in 2020.
For a knee injury to cause this many setbacks, I am just hoping to see him back on the court!
I am not going to be giving him any timetable as he still has a redshirt and medical redshirt to use.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Little George

Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 11, 2020, 07:20:22 PM
SF:

I would try to add two forwards (ideally Ziaire as one), another big and it seems like Haarms is the best available, and one more guard ideally a sit-out guy or a 4 year developmental guy like Kerwin who wouldn't demand a lot of minutes (though that seems to be off the table).
I might be the only one that may be of this mindset, but I am not going to be including BW in any roster projections in 2020.
For a knee injury to cause this many setbacks, I am just hoping to see him back on the court!
I am not going to be giving him any timetable as he still has a redshirt and medical redshirt to use.

BWill is doing well right now, but it is a health issue beyond an injury and will NEVER be totally gone. You may be right to presume this thought but BWill is working hard to be ready to play this season. Will he play? Yes, most likely he will. Will he endure the season? Any bodies guess. Will he play heavy minutes? Doubt it. I see him as a key reserve to play limited minutes per half.

mvpreed2

Quote from: Little George on April 11, 2020, 07:28:14 PM
Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 11, 2020, 07:20:22 PM
SF:

BWill is doing well right now, but it is a health issue beyond an injury and will NEVER be totally gone. You may be right to presume this thought but BWill is working hard to be ready to play this season. Will he play? Yes, most likely he will. Will he endure the season? Any bodies guess. Will he play heavy minutes? Doubt it. I see him as a key reserve to play limited minutes per half.

Just reading that last part hurt my heart.
To be a heavily recruited prospect coming out of HS, having a very good freshman season, poised to make a huge jump in his sophomore season with help from elite freshmen (Green/Mannion/Nnaji) to only be held out of that season.
Now, he is probably going to be a rotational player on a team that would have featured him as the lead guard/star.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDownU - Menu