• Supporter
  • BEARDOWN
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 06:08:33 PM
Bonafide, Class A D-Bag to the max.

It's a great day to be alive!

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 06:53:13 PM
Who initially gave him this job?  Yeah...schools like Stanford screwed things up. Most of the Pac-12 represent the highest academic standards and continuously win national titles (in sports outside of basketball and football).

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 09:41:25 PM

In the end it's not Larry Scott's fault that the PAC12 is competitive. Other conferences refuse to play marquee non-conference games. They also load up conferences with fluff for big blowouts and recruiting disparity. Blame Oregon State for knocking off Oregon in a rivalry. Blame Washington and Arizona for losing @Arizona here and there. There is no other conference that has a division like the PAC12 South where EVERY team has won and represented in the PAC12 Title game. Other conferences are a joke for stacking their divisions to make certain they get a team in the CFP. In the end, the CFP will expand and the PAC12 will get into it habitually.

But still, Larry Scott is a douche though he doesn't owe anyone anything. He has enough fuck you money to not give a shit about what anyone thinks.

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 09:42:36 PM
Who initially gave him this job?  Yeah...schools like Stanford screwed things up. Most of the Pac-12 represent the highest academic standards and continuously win national titles (in sports outside of basketball and football).

I am wondering who gave Robbins and Heeke a job. I don't care who gave Larry Scott a job. Arizona is no longer the school I remember it to be athletically.

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 09:49:17 PM
Soccer developed a coach that took our program further than ever. Softball made a great hire within the family. Womenís basketball was one play away from a national title. Menís tennis advanced further than ever before. Baseball is one game away from a CWS. Both golf programs were solid and volleyball was competitive in a tough Pac.

The menís basketball situation was ugly but they landed the guy that they wanted and itís hard to judge the hire because we need to give Lloyd an opportunity to succeed.

Sumlin was an absolute mess. The hire looked good on paper but they let him go and made a surprise hire with a guy that seems to be gaining traction in Fisch.

Larry Scott is much more of an embarrassment than anybody representing the U of A. Our athletics are solid.

Online Class89

• Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:40 PM
I'm just focusing on the first thing that I saw..."on his way out." That's great news.

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 11:06:35 PM
Soccer developed a coach that took our program further than ever. Softball made a great hire within the family. Womenís basketball was one play away from a national title. Menís tennis advanced further than ever before. Baseball is one game away from a CWS. Both golf programs were solid and volleyball was competitive in a tough Pac.

The menís basketball situation was ugly but they landed the guy that they wanted and itís hard to judge the hire because we need to give Lloyd an opportunity to succeed.

Sumlin was an absolute mess. The hire looked good on paper but they let him go and made a surprise hire with a guy that seems to be gaining traction in Fisch.

Larry Scott is much more of an embarrassment than anybody representing the U of A. Our athletics are solid.

All of the lesser monetary producing sports do not move the needle. Arizona has been good at a lot of sports over the years. Ignoring the highly tainted Swimming program is not acceptable. Another instance of the Good Ole Boys getting to do whatever they want and not punishing Augie Busch probably because of his dad who had just as much of a stranglehold over Tucson as Lute did for many years where back then it was not only acceptable, but expected to take recruits down to Tex Ernhardts to pick out a car to ride around while providing athletic services to the university.

A random 1 off run by women's bball doesn't move the needle for me. Adia has to now keep the program in the top 10 for a sustained period of time to be worth the money. The softball program hasn't been anything like the Jennie Finch days. Baseball regressed. Tommy Lloyd is an embarrassment of a hire for what is now International Basketball University. I personally do not recognize our basketball program anymore. I understood why Miller had to go overseas with recruiting out of necessity, but Lloyd has taken it too far already by giving up the California and East coast pipeline. "We" don't agree about that and "We" don't have to all stand for what Heeke and Robbins has done to that program.

"We" also don't have to stand for Lip Service Jedd, another "good ole boy" hire. Arizona is currently set at 1.5 wins Over/Under on most major sports books for Total Wins this season. 2.5 at most on liberal books. Change is always inevitable, but I personally don't appreciate the administrative insurrection that has taken place at "MY" former school. It would be great to see "magic", but if eligible, Arizona Basketball should be in the NCAA Tournament this season with the roster cohesion left in place to start with and Football should become bowl eligible within 1 season. That is the leash I am personally giving in this Era of recruiting, team building, and all of the respect Arizona should command with it's state of the art facilities. Not just a bunch of Jedd kissing babies and random Gronk/Teddy Bruschi appearances.

Heeke and Robbins do not belong anywhere near "UArizona". Ghouls.

Offline KansasCityCats

• BTFD
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 06:49:41 AM
It sounds like you really like that glass half empty.

Adia Barnes is the best coach the program could have possibly hired. They may not have the same postseason success on an annual basis but sheís recruiting at the highest level and proved that theyíll be relevant for a long time.

Sean Miller set up the international team. Dylan Anderson is the only recruit that Lloyd brought in thus far. Heíll definitely continue to recruit outside of the states but weíll see a nice mix of players that want to play hard and win.

Softball prior success is irrelevant to this administration. They didnít hire Candrea and they werenít going to fire him for not maintaining ridiculous WCWS titles. He still holds the record for consecutive postseason appearances and the former players are very happy with the Lowe hire.

Football canít be transformed overnight. Low projected win totals is a guess from Vegas because we brought in an unknown commodity. Our assistants are experienced and they can realistically turn this mess around within 3 years, which is typical after a tornado hits your program.

Iím not familiar enough with the swimming situation to comment. I assume the NCAA found a legit Level I violation but Iím under the impression that nothing has been publicly disclosed. Yes, itís probably similar to what Lute (and every other college athletics coach) does under the table.

The job of our administration is to ensure that student athletes and their respective programs succeed. Yes, football and basketball are the primary focus because they being in the money but our AD has also ensured that Arizona Athletics is relevant at every level.

Offline FOOS

• Supporter
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 08:21:24 AM

All of the lesser monetary producing sports do not move the needle. Arizona has been good at a lot of sports over the years. Ignoring the highly tainted Swimming program is not acceptable. Another instance of the Good Ole Boys getting to do whatever they want and not punishing Augie Busch probably because of his dad who had just as much of a stranglehold over Tucson as Lute did for many years where back then it was not only acceptable, but expected to take recruits down to Tex Ernhardts to pick out a car to ride around while providing athletic services to the university.

A random 1 off run by women's bball doesn't move the needle for me. Adia has to now keep the program in the top 10 for a sustained period of time to be worth the money. The softball program hasn't been anything like the Jennie Finch days. Baseball regressed. Tommy Lloyd is an embarrassment of a hire for what is now International Basketball University. I personally do not recognize our basketball program anymore. I understood why Miller had to go overseas with recruiting out of necessity, but Lloyd has taken it too far already by giving up the California and East coast pipeline. "We" don't agree about that and "We" don't have to all stand for what Heeke and Robbins has done to that program.

"We" also don't have to stand for Lip Service Jedd, another "good ole boy" hire. Arizona is currently set at 1.5 wins Over/Under on most major sports books for Total Wins this season. 2.5 at most on liberal books. Change is always inevitable, but I personally don't appreciate the administrative insurrection that has taken place at "MY" former school. It would be great to see "magic", but if eligible, Arizona Basketball should be in the NCAA Tournament this season with the roster cohesion left in place to start with and Football should become bowl eligible within 1 season. That is the leash I am personally giving in this Era of recruiting, team building, and all of the respect Arizona should command with it's state of the art facilities. Not just a bunch of Jedd kissing babies and random Gronk/Teddy Bruschi appearances.

Heeke and Robbins do not belong anywhere near "UArizona". Ghouls.

Proves what everyone already knew - you are in love with Miller - not Arizona

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal