Justin Kier 6-4 senior Georgia transfer has committed to Arizona!

Started by WILD, May 26, 2021, 12:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Justin Kier a 6th year senior transfer out of Georgia has committed to Arizona!

Kier averaged 9.5pts, 3.7rb and 2.4asst per game. Justin played 4 season at George Mason averaging 10pts a game. He has one year of eligibility remaining. Kier predominately played SG for Georgia this past season. Thought he was better in the first half of the season, particularly on the defensive end. Solid player in transition who likes going hard to the basket.

https://twitter.com/Jkiiiiii__/status/1397629149326585858

Kier Highlights

Surgeon

Aokay

Welcome to the U of A, Justin. Enjoy your time here and Bear Down!

DANI3L - (DT4)

Welcome Justin! I'm excited to watch you play and compete wearing the Arizona jersey!

Deb

WILD

mvpreed2

First of all, welcome to the family that is Arizona Justin!

Second of all, this makes me very skeptical about the amount of reps we are going to be giving both of our incoming guards.
Unless JK is going be our backup PG, I do not see this move making sense.
A 6th year senior transferring in to be a backup would not be what I would envision, but we basically had a 5th year senior (TB2) do the exact same thing last season so who knows?
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

I don't understand the attraction for Kier to attend Arizona. I assume that Lloyd wanted an experienced player that plays tough defense to help the underclassmen in practice.

At this point, he'll play the role of Kadeem Allen as a shooter that is forced to take reps as a PG because Kerr is our only realistic option at the point (Pelle can shoot but had issues handling the ball at Utah).

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on May 27, 2021, 03:35:25 AM
I don't understand the attraction for Kier to attend Arizona. I assume that Lloyd wanted an experienced player that plays tough defense to help the underclassmen in practice.

At this point, he'll play the role of Kadeem Allen as a shooter that is forced to take reps as a PG because Kerr is our only realistic option at the point (Pelle can shoot but had issues handling the ball at Utah).
Minus the bit about Larsson, it sounds like we are saying the same thing here.
None of this makes sense on the surface to me, but with a 6th year senior you know he is going to be gone at the end of the season.
Take him, use him in the rotation, and if nothing else, he will be another G in the rotation to move around to utilize his abilities.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

Mvpreed2  like you said I was surprised  by the commitment  only because   I thought we were set on the wing.

Not sure how Lloyd intends to use  kier maybe at pg. Who knows I think kerr will start at pg. Not sure who backs him up though.

An like you said it's hard to imagine  a 6th year player wanting  to come off the bench, I could be wrong.

I am still hoping Lloyd' can find a natural  pg. An not a combo guard, I an thinking  it's getting  less likely  though.
We pretty much only have one pg. Kerr an some combo  guards an kerr has not really played pg. In collage  yet.

We also really need a 4 someone  to back up azulous.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu