Liam McNeeley

Started by arxpert, April 14, 2024, 09:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

arxpert

Liam McNeeley might have the best shot I have seen in a long time from a HS prospect. That kid is a catch and shoot machine with a quick release and form that is NBA level today. If you need a 3 or a bucket off the jump shot, this is Himothy.

I don't know if Tommy Lloyd even is going to put his name in the hat for this kid, but I would call up Mr. Humberto of Los Pollos Hermanos and pay that kid to be on Campus asap.

I can see Calipari putting together a true super team and making this purchase, but Tommy Lloyd missing out on this opportunity would be criminal.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: arxpert on April 14, 2024, 09:37:50 PMLiam McNeeley might have the best shot I have seen in a long time from a HS prospect. That kid is a catch and shoot machine with a quick release and form that is NBA level today. If you need a 3 or a bucket off the jump shot, this is Himothy.

I don't know if Tommy Lloyd even is going to put his name in the hat for this kid, but I would call up Mr. Humberto of Los Pollos Hermanos and pay that kid to be on Campus asap.

I can see Calipari putting together a true super team and making this purchase, but Tommy Lloyd missing out on this opportunity would be criminal.

It's interesting that you bring this up. Back when we originally brought in Jackson Cook as a walkon, I figured it may play a role in targeting future Montverde players that Cook was teammates / friends with on the team. Not that it would secure anybody, but that they may be willing to consider coming for a visit, and who knows what can happen once you've got your foot in the door.

McNeeley always seemed like the one that was most realistic in that regard, and yet I never even saw Arizona mentioned throughout his recruitment. It was a bit puzzling. Cook is a quality player as a walkon in his own right, but I kinda thought they may be looking to get further into the Montverde pipeline. Not an easy thing to do.

Jdmarti

I have no idea for sure but he is in the 2024 class an we already  3 wing players in the class, I dought arizona  is serious about recruiting  him, tommy  seems to contact alot of players, but not really recruit them, don't know the reason for that.

arxpert

Quote from: Jdmarti on April 15, 2024, 07:24:01 AMI have no idea for sure but he is in the 2024 class an we already  3 wing players in the class, I dought arizona  is serious about recruiting  him, tommy  seems to contact alot of players, but not really recruit them, don't know the reason for that.

I don't think Tommy is a great American recruiter. Just my opinion. He is just "ok".

I seriously hope our name is in the hat for Liam. He looks incredible to me. If anyone just checks out his highlights you can see his mechanics are amazing. He will be a NBA player and have a long career.

However, these days 95% of "recruiting" is just straight up how much money you can promise.

Tommy has the system that these kids like to play in, but Tommy also is difficult to play for. He has proven that he is not very flexible. He is always willing to go down with the ship instead of adapt and repair. This is as a whole and in-game.

In this situation I think Tommy would be extremely smart to get Liam on board. UConn has proven that you can win a National Title and be DOMINANT doing so with 3 or 4 Guard/Wings that are 6'5 to 6'7. Tommy is a little bit stuck in his ways of feeling like he needs at least 3 Ogres on the team to play the 5.

I would definitely only worry about playing time because of Tommy's seemingly back-room deals that he makes with kids to just give them minutes regardless of how they play and not discipline his players appropriately. Anyone with half a brain could have seen Boswell was going to be out of here (Transfer) by the end of the Wisconsin, Purdue, Bama, FAU stretch. He only got worse from there along with his body language and attitude on-court.

I would say Tommy was a good sport about it, but it actually was a big reason why this team didn't reach the heights it could have and also a big reason Caleb Love ended up having to take around what? 200-300 more shots than anyone else? This team had maturity issues that couldn't be overcome and they were centralized around Boswell all year. I hope the ball is spread around a lot more this season and especially if Love somehow returned I would think that he won't need to chuck as much out of simply not being willing to put up with a floundering core that was in place when he got here (Ballo, Boswell, Pelle). I think Pelle had a good season, but not great. Best of the 3 pre-existing players at least.

The new players coming in with Bradley hopefully leading us and KJ Lewis either starting or being one of the best 6th men in the Nation will be a breath of fresh air even if Love were on the roster. These new players coming seem very hungry.

arxpert

Quote from: |ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ| on April 15, 2024, 06:15:34 AM
Quote from: arxpert on April 14, 2024, 09:37:50 PMLiam McNeeley might have the best shot I have seen in a long time from a HS prospect. That kid is a catch and shoot machine with a quick release and form that is NBA level today. If you need a 3 or a bucket off the jump shot, this is Himothy.

It's interesting that you bring this up. Back when we originally brought in Jackson Cook as a walkon, I figured it may play a role in targeting future Montverde players that Cook was teammates / friends with on the team. Not that it would secure anybody, but that they may be willing to consider coming for a visit, and who knows what can happen once you've got your foot in the door.

McNeeley always seemed like the one that was most realistic in that regard, and yet I never even saw Arizona mentioned throughout his recruitment. It was a bit puzzling. Cook is a quality player as a walkon in his own right, but I kinda thought they may be looking to get further into the Montverde pipeline. Not an easy thing to do.

I remember that observation about Cook. I think it is a great observation. Tommy should be doing as much as possible to help land players and open up pipelines in America. He has proven he can find International talent only 2nd to Sean Miller who is the best at it.

I really hope our name is in the hat. He would be perfect to play beside Carter Bryant. That would be an unguardable tandem for most teams while having KJ Lewis and Bradley attacking the rim and this Sanon kid seems like a monster. Phillips also looks like someone who could play true PG too. I can see a TON of Drive and Dish if we landing Liam. Guards and Wings who can get to the line is like Gold in College Basketball. Having an oversized true Center who can shoot Free Throws is Unicorn status and basically why Purdue made it to the Finals in and of itself.

I was shocked to see Bradshaw commit to Ohio State. This is what I mean by "Money" is 95% of Recruiting these days. I really felt like Calipari was going to secure him his bag in Arkansas. I am curious if he is going to get Wagner paid to come to Arkansas. This is a very interesting situation because players are going to be moving around from Kentucky, but not necessarily following Calipari. I think the FAU Coach who got the Michigan jerb is already bringing Vlad Goldin with him. I am wondering if Johnell Davis is going to follow or if someone like Calipari will get some good money together and create a Transfer Portal Superteam and maybe purchase Liam as his 1 or 2 Freshman 5 Star superstars.

KansasCityCats

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

That's true. Arizona only has the #2 recruiting class, which is primarily full of American-born shooters. Lloyd failed in finding another out of state kid that plays the same position...

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on April 15, 2024, 02:53:04 PMhttps://247sports.com/Season/2024-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

That's true. Arizona only has the #2 recruiting class, which is primarily full of American-born shooters. Lloyd failed in finding another out of state kid that plays the same position...

Not sure why you hate Liam. He is probably the best shooter in the Nation at the College level once he commits anywhere instantly.

UConn proved there is a viable way to play 3 to 4 6'5-6'7 Shooters and have 1 big. So I am not sure what scares you so much about redundancy.

Tommy's system is Run and Gun yet he plays a slow Center and focuses on slow Bigs... It's time to start calling a spade a spade. We are only going to play as fast as our slowest player and if we are going to have Bradley and KJ featured then we will need true Shooters anyway. While I like Sanon attacking and pulling up, his 3 is not nearly as NBA level as Liam's right now. Carter shouldn't be expected to carry the load at the 3pt line. Phillips may be able to hit some.

Hopefully Bradley is given more of a green light. I think he can shoot. Most people don't though. I think KJ can hit buckets too, but again, most would say he plays more of an Iguodala style.

This is 2024, there are no positions in basketball. Tommy only goes 7 functional players anyway. Stephen, Phllips could get minutes. I personally think Henri is very underrated, but if he wanted to transfer out because Liam came in then oh well. I'll take the youngster. I also think Sanon is waiting to find out what is going on too with transfers/Love? otherwise wouldn't he be listed as Green and a hard commit by now?

Otherwise like I said, there is no reason to not try to BUY Liam's services.

Bradley - Phllips
KJ Lewis - Sanon (Spark Plug Scorer)
Liam - Henri
Carter - Henri
Krivas - Stephen

9 players without including Conrad. Stephen probably won't see much of the court I would think Carter could even play small ball 5 in a TRUE Run + Gun system. Not a half in, half out system.

Pay the man Tommy. "Townsend" isn't going to get this group over the hump.

Be a man Tommy. Push chips all in to the middle. Get the #1 class and rebuild the American swagger of Arizona.

KansasCityCats

Nobody "hates" the kid. We just don't need another freshman that plays the same position as 4 other kids under the age of 20. Last season, you were knocking Lloyd for "over recruiting". Be consistent.

KU recruited a ton of shooters and only had one big. When he was hurt, they fell apart. Arizona needs balance, regardless of how many players get minutes.

FOOS

100%. Cal and Arkansas are gonna kill it

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on April 16, 2024, 05:01:25 PMNobody "hates" the kid. We just don't need another freshman that plays the same position as 4 other kids under the age of 20. Last season, you were knocking Lloyd for "over recruiting". Be consistent.

KU recruited a ton of shooters and only had one big. When he was hurt, they fell apart. Arizona needs balance, regardless of how many players get minutes.

We only currently have 8 viable players.

Not sure why you think I am not picking a lane. This is not a deep roster. Tommy is about to screw it all up if he brings in 2 or 3 guys who are 24 to be Cedric Henderson's and such taking minutes from the Elite young players.

We don't need Old transfers to come in and take all the minutes from Phllips, Sanon, Carter, and Stephen. 1 Transfer who will mind his business and not try to take 30 minutes a game to give us 8ppg and a 1 3pt attempt? That will never be worth sitting Sanon and Phillips out.

So if you are hoping Tommy adds a Bebop and Rocksteady tandem of 2 Transfers that are 24 and Phillips + Sanon get no PT because of them just feelng entitled to "takeover the team" the way Keshad and Love did, then I am just hoping that it doesn't happen and will take the opposite side of your hope.

I would prefer the best 3pt shooter and jump shooter in America not in the NBA to be paid to come in and play for us over relying on Transfers who have no chemistry with the team anyway. We have room for maybe 1 Transfer to come in, but I would not make them into any sort of starter nor focal point. This is a youth movement, but it is not a Freshman movement. We have 4 guys with experience who can start if we truly want to. It won't be the incoming player's faults if they outplay them in practice since your mind seems to live in Practice as the all-knowing indicator of success.

Meanwhile A.I. ---- Practice??? PRACTICE???

Not sure if Stephen is ready or not, but he does have a big body and may be a defensive maven or The defensive maven that Krivas isn't in a true "Run and Gun" Format. Liam is not a 4. Liam is a NBA 2 and in College he could easily play next to Carter in a very unguardable fashion.

Also --->

So what if it resembles Kentucky's young team approach? It isn't. Bradley, KJ, Krivas, and Herni are not Freshmen they have experience. Some freshman are elite and deserve all the minutes they can get.

Coach Cal was not a very good in-game coach. I don't think Tommy is either, but I would hope Tommy will at least try to coach this year. Tommy has the system and won't move off of it. Krivas is slow. We can't run and Gun when our 7'2" Ogre is slow up and down the court. There is a universe where Bryant can play the 5 in Small Ball while we play a 6'7 Liam and a KJ + Sanon. Could also put maybe a faster Stephen in.

Since Conrad isn't going to play PG even though he may very well be a little Spanish Steve Nash - he falls into the category of maybe opening up a pipeline for Spanish players to recruit down the road.

Again, I'm not against bringing in 1 Transfer - but if you think it needs to be a Pelle Larsson situation where he demands or needs 30 minutes per game I feel that is the wrong approach when you have this level of talent coming in. I would have no idea why the talent would stick around. Tommy has proven that he will hit the portal every year. Causing transfer after transfer. He might as well release everyone from commitment and only sign Transfers if that's how he really feels. These elite players are not going to be happy being held back by Tommy.

BearDownU - Menu