Kerr Kriisa has entered the transfer portal & all signs point to Miller/Xavier!

Started by WILD, March 22, 2023, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Kerr Kriisa has entered the transfer portal & all signs point to Miller/Xavier!

Rumors of Kerr Kriisa entering the transfer portal started to fly soon after Arizona lost to Princeton in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Kerr had some shocking post game comments after the loss stating "From the very first second, I don't want to say, but it felt like they wanted it more," "It's crazy." Zona fans took offense to his comments and let it be known. The Estonia native averaged 9.9 points and 5.1 assists per game this past season.

Word on the street is that Kerr is transferring to Xavier to reunite with Sean Miller. Kylan Boswell will now take the reigns as Arizona's starting point guard.

How do Wildcats fans feel about Kerr deciding to transfer  and about Xavier being his possible new home?

Deb

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Players usually commit to a coach, not a school.

GoCatZ

Blurb from The Athletic by Seth Davis
Arizona had a really good season, despite how it ended. But it did end badly, and while no single person is at fault, it strikes me that an amicable divorce between Arizona and Kriisa might be in everyone's best interest. Kriisa is a strong leader but he's emotionally volatile, and he had a penchant for taking bad shots in critical situations. I also sensed tension between him and Tommy Lloyd about the way he played, specifically his overreliance on 3-point attempts. If Kriisa were totally committed to changing the way he plays and buying into what Lloyd wanted, that would be ideal, but now both sides will get a fresh start.

I think Kerr came on BDU and saw fans taking about what he said about Princeton wanting it more and realized he had to leave rather than face Zona Nation.

mvpreed2

This is another example of how you think a player is down for the program.
They all are, until they are not.

As far as Kriisa going to Xavier, I don't really care where he goes.
He won't be at Arizona, and that is more than enough for me to not care.
I hope he finds whatever it is he is looking for in his new program, but Xavier is not Arizona Kerr and you sir about to find that out the hard way.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

I think Kerr truly cared about Arizona but he's obviously an emotional person.  He likely wants an opportunity to throw up a significant amount of shots and Miller will give him that role because he's an experienced player that can bring energy to a program.

The Big East won't provide the same exposure as the Pac-12 but the competition is arguably better.  Scouts will get an opportunity to watch him play but I couldn't imagine that his stock will drastically rise there.

Regardless, I wish him the best and hope that he excels in Cincy (assuming that's his destination).

FOOS

Quote from: GoCatZ on March 22, 2023, 07:03:26 PM
Blurb from The Athletic by Seth Davis
Arizona had a really good season, despite how it ended. But it did end badly, and while no single person is at fault, it strikes me that an amicable divorce between Arizona and Kriisa might be in everyone's best interest. Kriisa is a strong leader but he's emotionally volatile, and he had a penchant for taking bad shots in critical situations. I also sensed tension between him and Tommy Lloyd about the way he played, specifically his overreliance on 3-point attempts. If Kriisa were totally committed to changing the way he plays and buying into what Lloyd wanted, that would be ideal, but now both sides will get a fresh start.

I think Kerr came on BDU and saw fans taking about what he said about Princeton wanting it more and realized he had to leave rather than face Zona Nation.

Yes !  No one wants to face the wrath of the dreaded Zona Nation !

SnowDen

Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 23, 2023, 08:18:36 AM

The Big East won't provide the same exposure as the Pac-12 but the competition is arguably better.  Scouts will get an opportunity to watch him play but I couldn't imagine that his stock will drastically rise there.

Not sure about the Big East getting less exposure, they have a great tv contract with Fox on FS1 and FS2. I watched multiple teams on multiple nights most of the season. Believe I saw more of X than ARIZONA. Plus they dont have any midnight eastern games.  The rest is up to him, but he will get plenty of exposure in the Big East.

BearDown
I aint got a dime, but what I got is mine. I aint rich but Lord I'm free.

KansasCityCats

Very true. I meant in terms of scouting. The NBA will likely be in Tucson more than Cincy

Jdmarti

I honestly  think it's a good move for both parties involved.

I am not trying to hate on kerr,

We know he struggled with consistency  here .

But the offense flowed much better with him an he was a good passer.

He struggled on defense  he lacks athleticism an he is a streaky shooter, I wish him well on his next stop.

I definitely  do not belive coach Lloyd  pushed him out.

I believe  he  really had enough  enough  of the fans who were  always  attacking  him.

Good luck kerr.

arxpert

Quote from: SnowDen on March 25, 2023, 08:34:17 AM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 23, 2023, 08:18:36 AM

Not sure about the Big East getting less exposure, they have a great tv contract with Fox on FS1 and FS2. I watched multiple teams on multiple nights most of the season. Believe I saw more of X than ARIZONA. Plus they dont have any midnight eastern games.  The rest is up to him, but he will get plenty of exposure in the Big East.

BearDown

Interesting how many haters echo my sentiments. I wouldn't have it any other way.

And in regards to JDMARTI - I don't think Kerr was a good passer at all. I think he lobbed a ton of balls into the low post to Ballo and Tubelis and racked up very hollow counting stats in the process. He was a turnover machine and didn't know how to play basketball inside the 3pt line. Usually I side on the Curry Era for changing the game in good ways, but clearly Kerr didn't get the memo that you can't just jack up 3s as your entire "game". You have to be able to get to the FT line at-will like Chef does as well as get to the rim for layups or at least the threat of a layup then be able to pass the ball. That's what a PG does. Tommy Lloyd completely failed the team by continually putting Kerr out there as PG and not playing Bam Bam with Kerr at SG if Kerr was hellbent to only take 3s like a Gabe York or Kyle Fogg. However I will finish the comment by saying that a lot of the problem this season was Tommy not accepting that Pelle was not a starter from Day 1.

The optimal lineup was always Bam Bam, Ramey, Henderson, Tubelis, Ballo.
Kerr and Pelle on the 2nd Unit

I'm glad we are being forced to re-tool this entire situation because Tommy was too far gone, set in his ways and ran the team into the ground down the stretch with his arms pleasantly folded and a blank stare on that wholesome face.

CactusCat

All I heard from BDU experts was that Krissa was headed to Xavier. What happened experts?
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

FOOS

Quote from: CactusCat on April 05, 2023, 01:46:20 PM
All I heard from BDU experts was that Krissa was headed to Xavier. What happened experts?

West Virginia is only ~300 miles away so close enough  :-)

arxpert

Quote from: CactusCat on April 05, 2023, 01:46:20 PM

I said that I had it on good authority that WVU was the spot. The heathens of BDU just don't want to ever say "you were right".

This is why I stay to the forum and generally let the audience come to me. I refuse to chat in the CBOX. Although, watching that section and seeing how much I am discussed is staggering. I accept the compliment.

ZonaBBB

Pert,  you never respond when you're wrong.  You're so self righteous. 

You chose when to give yourself credit and ignore questions/when you are wrong. 

What about your Bam Bam portal talk?  Absolutely bogus talk.

arxpert

Quote from: ZonaBBB on April 06, 2023, 03:39:08 AM
Pert,  you never respond when you're wrong.  You're so self righteous. 

You chose when to give yourself credit and ignore questions/when you are wrong. 

What about your Bam Bam portal talk?  Absolutely bogus talk.

I'm allowed to be wrong when that time comes. Until then there are still concerns with Boswell, so let's not put it into the universe anymore than it is. We have a long grind to May 11.

BearDownU - Menu