Dylan Anderson is entering the transfer portal

Started by WILD, April 08, 2024, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpreed2

So that now makes it two 6'8 wings, and two 7'0 bigs walking out the door?
I really hope Lloyd is able to patch up these holes because I am not looking forward to the way this 2024-25 roster is going to look right now.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

With four big freshmen and Veesaar returning from a redshirt, Arizona isn't lacking talent. Perhaps the staff finds another Keshad to serve as a defensive presence but it isn't a requirement.

Paper_Bag

Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 08, 2024, 07:37:16 PMSo that now makes it two 6'8 wings, and two 7'0 bigs walking out the door?
I really hope Lloyd is able to patch up these holes because I am not looking forward to the way this 2024-25 roster is going to look right now.
#BearDown

I'm surprised Anderson left but am not concerned. This sort of roster upheaval would have been concerning in the past but it's the norm nowadays. For each player we lose, there are a number of players at other schools entering the portal who would be interested in coming to the UA.

Now, losing someone like KJ or Jaden would be upsetting. 

Little George

Anderson is just the type of kid that will go somewhere else and then bloom. Then we will see him in the tourney or somewhere and he will kill us!

mvpreed2

Quote from: Paper_Bag on April 09, 2024, 09:35:38 AM
Quote from: mvpreed2 on April 08, 2024, 07:37:16 PMSo that now makes it two 6'8 wings, and two 7'0 bigs walking out the door?
#BearDown

I'm surprised Anderson left but am not concerned. This sort of roster upheaval would have been concerning in the past but it's the norm nowadays. For each player we lose, there are a number of players at other schools entering the portal who would be interested in coming to the UA.

Now, losing someone like KJ or Jaden would be upsetting. 
While I understand your point, I am going to have disagree.
I believe prospects like Anderson are the ones that you need to stay 3-4 years to stabilize the ship while you try to recruit to patch the other holes in your roster.
I believed Anderson was going to start next season next to Krivas, but not anymore lol.

I am beginning to think the days of having a prospect 2-3 years is going to be an anomaly.
Arizona is going to have a completely different starting five in 2024-25.
Here is my projected lineup right now:

Bradley
Sanon
Bryant
Townsend
Krivas

There are several different options that could happen, but this is the one I want to see most.
I do not include any prospect in the NBA Draft because they could stay just as much as they could return to school.
You have two transfers (Bradley/Townsend), two true freshmen (Bryant/Sanon) and a true sophomore (Krivas).
I KNOW Lloyd is not done recruiting, and I do believe that both of those spots that I have a freshman penciled in at is going to be filled with incoming transfer(s) especially at that SG spot that Love is vacating.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

There's never a need to panic, unless the players that are ready to contribute TODAY transfer.

The three outgoing transfers are extremely talented but would have negatively affected the product on the court if Lloyd gave them minutes, simply to "make them happy" and avoid a transfer.

In Arizona's system, you'll sit on the bench if you can't produce in practice. The best players in Richard Jefferson Court play at McKale. If they aren't willing be patient, they can follow Bal, Akot and Barcello's path to the pros.

Katlynhand15

Quote from: WILD on April 08, 2024, 04:42:46 PMhttps://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1777455464533602585webweb
Arizona boasts ample talent with four impressive freshmen and Veesaar coming back from a redshirt season. While adding another player akin to Keshad for defensive purposes would be beneficial, it's not necessarily essential for the team.

BearDownU - Menu