ASU The New Nova

Started by jumpinjohnny, December 10, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpinjohnny

Who believes we will be able to outscore ASU? We sure as hell won't be able to stop them from scoring. Does Hurley beat Miller to a Final Four and take over at Dook when coach Rat-Face says enough is enough?

mvpreed2

Quote from: jumpinjohnny on December 10, 2017, 02:30:56 PMWho believes we will be able to outscore ASU? We sure as hell won't be able to stop them from scoring. Does Hurley beat Miller to a Final Four and take over a Duke program when coach Rat-Face says enough is enough?

It won't matter if we will be able to outscore ASSU.
They won't be able to snag a rebound against us.
Between Ristic/Ayton/Lee/Pinder, we have enough height to challenge them at the rim.
As long as we contest their shots from deep, we are going to be fine.

They have won some good games this season against Xavier and Kansas, but who knows how they are going to fair when they get to PAC-12 play.
I remember a few years ago, we had a program (Washington) that did very well in their OOC play, but struggled during conference play with a 9-9 record.
Or let me flip it on you, with an Arizona program that lost three-straight in the Bahamas, media analysts believe that Arizona is not a Final Four contender.
What if we ran the table, went 18-0 during conference play and swept the PAC-12 regular season and conference titles?
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

jumpinjohnny

Quote from: jumpinjohnny on December 10, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
Who believes we will be able to outscore ASU? We sure as hell won't be able to stop them from scoring. Does Hurley beat Miller to a Final Four and take over at Dook when coach Rat-Face says enough is enough?

Quote from: mvpreed2 on December 10, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: jumpinjohnny on December 10, 2017, 02:30:56 PMWho believes we will be able to outscore ASU? We sure as hell won't be able to stop them from scoring. Does Hurley beat Miller to a Final Four and take over a Duke program when coach Rat-Face says enough is enough?

It won't matter if we will be able to outscore ASSU.

??? Won't they win if they end up with more points ???

They won't be able to snag a rebound against us.

Won't need to if they make layups all night & shoot a ton of free throws.

Between Ristic/Ayton/Lee/Pinder, we have enough height to challenge them at the rim.

Just guessing, but I doubt Ristic & Pinder play more the than thirty minutes combined --  maybe closer to twenty.

As long as we contest their shots from deep, we are going to be fine.

I'm guessing that they'll spread us out and drive to the hoop from every angle. Would love to be wrong though.

They have won some good games this season against Xavier and Kansas, but who knows how they are going to fair when they get to PAC-12 play.
I remember a few years ago, we had a program (Washington) that did very well in their OOC play, but struggled during conference play with a 9-9 record.
Or let me flip it on you, with an Arizona program that lost three-straight in the Bahamas, media analysts believe that Arizona is not a Final Four contender.
What if we ran the table, went 18-0 during conference play and swept the PAC-12 regular season and conference titles?

I get what you're saying, but this team looks too athletic, and Hurley seems to know how to stay out of the way while he's making them believe. We shall see.

WILD

Naterade

Quote from: jumpinjohnny on December 10, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

What are you, afraid to play ASU? They won a few games. Id rather have a real interstate rivalry then a guaranteed victory every year. We have arguably the best player in the country on our team. ASU has a great scoring guard, kinda like the one Alabama has, and we beat them.

PBCatfan

ASU looks damn good. Remy Martin is shooting with a ton of confidence and all of their guards score with ease. I will say Kansas is a tad overrated without Preston. They are very small and not very quick, Washington just beat them too but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad nervous about Dec 30. .

hawaii wildcat

Bring it on!!!   We will do nothing but improve each day! Bear Down People!!!

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

"If anyone wants to win here, they better go to fucking Tucson."

I don't think Miller will ever allow that Hurley quote to slip from his memory.

Lutesguitar

Beating KU AT KU is nothing to ignore, beating Xavier is also legitimate...however...both games are pre-conference...Kansas WAS over rated (Bill Self said they were the softest team he has EVER coached)...I mean Washington beat Kansas and the Blue Bloods always get a pass until they don't.
(Will Kansas drop as far as we did when we lost at #2? Highly doubtful they're blue-blood, just like Duke will only drop a few spots after losing to unranked BC, the bias is palatable)...

Does ASU scare me? Not even a little...Miller pretty much owns Hurley (the biggest liability for ASU)...Holder is the real deal and he has been playing with a mediocre team for three years now...but this lineup they have now fits nicely with him...

I see them as a faster paced Alabama with more three point shooting...and no real presence under the rim...if we block out and our guards show up its not a problem, if we let them rain down three's we lose.

I fully expect Hurley to inject himself into the narrative again, he is part of the current culture of attention seeking whores...expect some outlandish comment to throw shade at us and inspire his team...

We've lost to ASU before...but never to Bobby Hurley...