Caleb Love is leaning towards coming back but...

Started by WILD, April 25, 2024, 06:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

I'm hearing Arkansas Coach Cal and Indiana are trying to lure him away from Arizona.

Thoughts?

something1

I'm not surprised I guess. This is just how the game is going to be played from here on out, inducing people to transfer whether or not they're in the portal. If it comes down purely to NIL then Arkansas will win given how much they're publicly willing to overpay to win a title in the next 3 years. Indiana would reunite him with Ballo, which has an obvious appeal.

I've no insider knowledge -- if he comes back to the college level, unless the NIL is ridiculously out-of-whack, I think he stays. He was welcomed heartily and from what I understand was treated wonderfully by the community. Arizona has as much if not more visibility than Indiana and Arkansas on the basketball scene, so it's a prime destination.

In the unfortunate circumstance of us losing him, Sanon will reclass to '24 and we'll hope he can acclimate to the college level quickly.

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Recruiting guys that aren't in the portal? That sounds like a rules violation punishable by death. Maybe the rules are just a suggestion, not a demand?

lsg_da_apache

Man this transfer game is no joke! But if he was given the "TUC" treatment, then hopefully that will have some weight when he males his decision. Because he is not on any draft boards, not even in the secnd round .

CactusCat

If the best players are going to the highest bidder the two conferences that will matter are the BIG10 and SEC.
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: CactusCat on April 25, 2024, 10:15:28 AMIf the best players are going to the highest bidder the two conferences that will matter are the BIG10 and SEC.

But I thought 12 is bigger than 10

Jdmarti

Hopefully  caleb comes back to tucson if he doesn't stay in the draft, but if these 2 teams throw alot more money at him, he may bolt for that, I honestly  do not know, just  figure he would be a 5th year player an may wanna be like ballo an get payed in his last year.

mvpreed2

I would rather he move on and Lloyd focus on developing this incoming crop of freshmen.
Love is a good prospect, I enjoyed his play so long as he was on.
I KNOW Lloyd is not going to be able to keep Lewis/Phillips and Sanon if Love comes back, and it would not shock me if he lost one/some after the season as a result also.

If Ballo got $1.2M to transfer to Indiana, I assume both Arkansas and Indiana are going to throw seven figures at him.
I am not going to tell another grown man what to do, but good Lord.
I am not sure how I would navigate in this climate.
I am lying.
Yes I do.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDownU - Menu