Alijah Arenas, freshman son of Gilbert Arenas talks Arizona recruitment

Started by WILD, June 01, 2023, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Lil Arenas on Arizona
"They've seen me a few times, been to my games," Arenas said. " And I've been to a few of their games; I've dealt with players and talked with staff. Our relationship is good. When I've talked with the coaches, it has been just to catch up really. They've shown me a little about what it would be like to go there, but mostly just talking."

Full story on Lil Arenas below
https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1664291766785253376

mvpreed2

I know I am supposed to be an Arizona-homer, but am I the only one that does not believe Arenas is going to end up at Arizona?
As much of a self-proclaimed basketball nerd, Arenas is one of the few Arizona legends that I hardly hear endorse Arizona the way I hear Jefferson/Frye do when they are on the airways.

2026 is a very long ways out, and still 2.5yrs before those boys will put pen to paper on that LOI.
Lloyd better figure out what it is going to take to land Arenas, because I do not believe Arizona is sitting in a good spot on this one.
This is a gut feeling, and I have ZERO inside information.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

Arizona has been in contact since the beginning and has the best chance of any program but anything can happen over the next three years.

arxpert

The only inside information you need to know about a man with the last name "Arenas" is Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. So in the end, there better be a fat check for the 6'6" scorer's services.

Az_catfan

Quote from: arxpert on June 02, 2023, 09:10:41 PMThe only inside information you need to know about a man with the last name "Arenas" is Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. So in the end, there better be a fat check for the 6'6" scorer's services.

This!!! And Gil has already gone on record talking about this, if he and I'm guessing his son has the chance to get a bag in college and go to class, or get a bag and basically go play basketball against pros. He's going pro and getting a bag. Guessing Zona would have to go pretty deep in their pockets to persuade the family to go a different route than OTE/GLeague.