What happened to that "OTHER SITE" PGU?

Started by ollieboy5150, May 15, 2017, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollieboy5150

So very happy and thankful this site is available. Was hoping someone would pick up when PGU went off-line and Wildcatazfan is doin it!  New style and fresh perspective.
After several years of a love\hate relationship with PGU, I'm curious as to what finally drove Ace to end it? Anyone have any knowledge?

WILD

One thing that is for sure is that he is not dead, despite of the fact that there was a RIP tweet from their twitter page. I'll let everyone put any rumors on here and then I'll let people know what I know.

Ar1zona

my theory is that the staff/program had something to with it. i think they were tired of ace saying things and giving the program a bad look.

ollieboy5150

Ok azwildcatfan, it's time. Whadda ya know and how do ya know it?

WILD

Here is some good proof I was able to dig up on ACE/PGU regarding what really happened to PGU & if Ace is really dead.  You need to be a member to read this.  Click the register button above

[hide login=1]https://twitter.com/Blaxabbath/status/833391756842459136

He's not dead - he tweeted the RIP image then tweeted what you see above after the RIP image & deleted the tweets.  Ace missed on Damion Lee, Lonnie Walker, & didn't really see Ayton's commitment coming(I told him he was going to commit & he banned me). People had been complaining that Ace deleted some paid accounts with months of access remaining. In the end Ace wasn't posting much inside info.  When he did it was on twitter the same day.  He did however have info on Trier & that information about Trier is what caused Miller to tighten the ship. I was told that PGU was then ordered to shut down the week in which Greg Byrne left, which is why the site was shut down so abruptly Mid season. So, ACE then came up with the whole RIP deal to keep people from finding out what really happened & throw people off.
[/hide]

ollieboy5150

Very interesting. Ace played the Trier issue in a cagy way for months as though he wanted to let us know he knew more than he was telling. Are you saying Miller kept him from releasing all the info? It seems as if PGU was a surrogate of UA basketball. True? If so, that accounts for all the accurate inside info Ace had over the years and why he was so cocky about it.  Thanks for your thoughts.

dashots_UA

He also said Bowen was going to commit one weekend and that Trier would never come back for his Junior year.  PGU became a very mean spirited site run by a very narcissistic/delusional person.  Hope this forum can be unlike PGU's in the sense that little cliques don't troll every post or question made by people they don't know! Glad to see someone has taken an initiative to get a University of Arizona sports forum, with recruiting info, going again!!
Bear Down.

WILD

We want this to be a fan friendly Arizona Wildcats Community and will do our best to stop any trolling,  belittling, or just plain hate against fellow Wildcat fans. Thank you for joining & it's only the off-season,  so just imagine how much better we can all make this place by the time the season starts. BEARDOWN!

dashots_UA

Well I like the sound of that and will def be a frequent visitor!! Beardown for life!!
Bear Down.

ollieboy5150

Totally agree dashots. It's up to us to help see this site remains true to what we want it to be.