List of the latest 2021 Arizona basketball recruiting targets

Started by WILD, May 06, 2021, 07:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

WerderBremen

Quote from: mvpreed2 on June 02, 2021, 07:57:49 PM
Looks like we are officially on to the 2022 class then..

I really doubt we are done getting a big.

mvpreed2

Quote from: Jdmarti on June 06, 2021, 07:24:29 AM
I hope Lloyd can find a big    for the 21 class somewhere  we only have 3  lacking depth there.
I mentioned in another thread that I believe Lloyd is going to run a 1/3/1 lineup with one PG, three wings and one big.
It only makes sense right now, especially when you think that there was only one decent big that Lloyd was going after.
He hit the transfer portal and brought in 6'4/6'5 and then recruited 6'5/6'6 as incoming freshmen?

Our bigs are 6'10/6'10 and 7'0, but we only have three of them, so how exactly would CTL be able to split 40mins between three bodies?
I do not believe there is an answer to that question other than putting BM/DT/AB at PF in a small-ball lineup.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

You may be right  on a small lineup with only one big, we will have to wait an see there is  still time to add players  , lloyd said he was looking to use all of the scholarships.

KansasCityCats

Lloyd will be forced to use "positionless" basketball along the "wings".  Kerr will likely spend a lot of time at the point & Koloko/Ballo will split in the post while Tubelis will play a majority of the minutes at the 4.

Otherwise, Kerr's leftover minutes and 80 minutes split at SG/SF will be distributed between everybody else.  I expect a lot of experiments to see which players work best alongside each other because each 2/3 on our roster has a unique set of skills.

Jdmarti

It will defently  be intersting  to see how lloyd rotates the guards out.