Taeshon Cherry?

Started by mvpreed2, January 15, 2018, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: PrymeSuzpekt on January 16, 2018, 10:44:18 AM
I still believe Kyree Walker is going to be investigated before he ever gets to ASU, so who knows what his eligibility will end up being. His attachment to the Adidas brand sends up red flags all over the place.
Quote from: mvpreed2 on January 16, 2018, 05:41:33 PM
Wait, what?
Kyree plays for the Oakland Soldiers, a Nike sponsored team.
Where is this Adidas link coming from?

And I know that not all prospects go to the same schools that are/were sponsoring their former AAU programs.

He did play for the Oakland Soldiers, but he left the Nike EYBL over the summer and played in the Adidas League.
Here's a basic timeline of events that makes me raise an eyebrow about his situation:

<<<<<[May 22nd, 2017]>>>>>
Transfers out of Moreau Catholic (CA) to join Hillcrest Prep (AZ)
<<<<<[June 30th, 2017]>>>>>
Commits to ASU
<<<<<[July 15th, 2017]>>>>>
Debuts in Adidas League after leaving Nike EYBL
<<<<<[September 25th, 2017]>>>>>
Hillcrest Prep, formerly a Nike-sponsored school, announces a new sponsorship deal with Adidas
<<<<<[September 26th, 2017]>>>>>
The FBI scandal goes public, a single day after Hillcrest Prep announces their new deal.

So, basically, he transfers high schools, and then commits to the only Pac-12 school with an Adidas sponsorship, ASU. Why the hell would one of the top recruits in the country voluntarily play at ASU when every program will want him?? Lol who tf knows. Then, he drops the Nike League in favor of the Adidas League on the AAU circuit. Then, the high school he transfered to switches from Nike to Adidas. Then, the FBI puts Adidas' dirty laundry on the table.

The whole thing looks fishy to me. Maybe it's all a coincidence and nothing will ever come out of it, but it seems pretty odd to have everything line up like that.

What do you think? Anybody is welcome to tear my suspicions to shreds if there's something I'm missing or not taking into account.

Titan4Wildcats

It sounds to me like Cherry wanted to come here, but UofA didn't think it was a good idea with all that's been going on.  So, he picked A$$U so he could "show us up", by beating us.  He should have done his homework...'cause UofA owns A$$U on the courts. 

mvpreed2

Quote from: PrymeSuzpekt on January 17, 2018, 02:47:13 AM
He did play for the Oakland Soldiers, but he left the Nike EYBL over the summer and played in the Adidas League.
Here's a basic timeline of events that makes me raise an eyebrow about his situation:

<<<<<[May 22nd, 2017]>>>>>
Transfers out of Moreau Catholic (CA) to join Hillcrest Prep (AZ)
<<<<<[June 30th, 2017]>>>>>
Commits to ASU
<<<<<[July 15th, 2017]>>>>>
Debuts in Adidas League after leaving Nike EYBL
<<<<<[September 25th, 2017]>>>>>
Hillcrest Prep, formerly a Nike-sponsored school, announces a new sponsorship deal with Adidas
<<<<<[September 26th, 2017]>>>>>
The FBI scandal goes public, a single day after Hillcrest Prep announces their new deal.

So, basically, he transfers high schools, and then commits to the only Pac-12 school with an Adidas sponsorship, ASU. Why the hell would one of the top recruits in the country voluntarily play at ASU when every program will want him?? Lol who tf knows. Then, he drops the Nike League in favor of the Adidas League on the AAU circuit. Then, the high school he transfered to switches from Nike to Adidas. Then, the FBI puts Adidas' dirty laundry on the table.

The whole thing looks fishy to me. Maybe it's all a coincidence and nothing will ever come out of it, but it seems pretty odd to have everything line up like that.

What do you think? Anybody is welcome to tear my suspicions to shreds if there's something I'm missing or not taking into account.
No, I think you may be on to something here..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

mvpreed2

Quote from: Titan4Wildcats on January 17, 2018, 07:11:53 AM
It sounds to me like Cherry wanted to come here, but UofA didn't think it was a good idea with all that's been going on.  So, he picked A$$U so he could "show us up", by beating us.  He should have done his homework...'cause UofA owns A$$U on the courts.
If Cherry REALLY wanted to come to Arizona, he would have done so the first time.
ASSU is getting a nice class in 2018 with two 5* recruits, but it's going to take more than to win, especially when you are about to lose your three best players after the season.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: mvpreed2 on January 18, 2018, 04:44:04 AM
No, I think you may be on to something here..

It's interesting to say the least. Makes you think "Hmm...". But I haven't seen it talked about anywhere else, so it's just me speculating here. I know he plans to reclassify from 2020 to 2019, so who knows if it will ever get questioned seriously before then.

BearDownU - Menu