Started by WILD, October 22, 2022, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmarti

Hopefully   an offer comes soon to him,
Right now qween is the only offer
As a big in the class.

mvpreed2

Good Lord!
Which two of these are not like the others?

Missi will be added to the 2024 Prospects List.
Thank you!
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

CactusCat

I thought t. lloyd would be an elite recruiter at Arizona...
Was I wrong?
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

mvpreed2

Quote from: CactusCat on October 24, 2022, 09:28:49 AM
Was I wrong?
I don't know, let's talk about it, but I believe at this point, it has more to do with your personal opinion on the moves that have been made:

Kept Anderson after the coaching switch.
Landed Lewis from the 2023 recruiting class.
Landed Boswell and got him to reclassify from 2023 to the 2022 class.
Signed Borovicanin & Veesaar from across the water.

The question is do you consider these moves elite in your definition?
My answer is TBD until the careers of Borovicanin and Veesaar are done at Arizona.
If they pop, then yes because he found some diamonds in the rough.
If they do not, then I am going to move in the opposite direction, but that is 3-5 years down the road.

The REAL answer is that it is too soon to make a realistic decision because the 2022 class was already moving, he is trying to patch together a 2023 class.
I would look at the 2024 class as the REAL gauge to answer that question.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

CactusCat

Quote from: mvpreed2 on October 25, 2022, 12:56:33 PM
Was I wrong?
I don't know, let's talk about it, but I believe at this point, it has more to do with your personal opinion on the moves that have been made:

My answer is TBD until the careers of Borovicanin and Veesaar are done at Arizona.
If they do not, then I am going to move in the opposite direction, but that is 3-5 years down the road.

The REAL answer is that it is too soon to make a realistic decision because the 2022 class was practically over, and he is trying to patch together a quality 2023 class with the race about halfway over.

Seems reasonable... Time will tell if I was right or wrong.
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

lynxaz

KansasCityCats

Recruiting in your second year is difficult. Let's not forget the weak class that Miller pulled in for 2010. Transitioning from coaches for top tier programs takes patience.

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on October 25, 2022, 12:56:33 PM
Was I wrong?

The REAL answer is that it is too soon to make a realistic decision because the 2022 class was already moving, he is trying to patch together a 2023 class.

I agree with some of this analysis, however one criteria that I believe is being understated or not stated at all is how many prospects other Pac12 programs land that are on our radar, offered to, or should be pursued but aren't.

Can't rule out how Tommy recruits vs his peers in this conference now that he is leading a Power 5 blue chip program. Gonzaga was a very easy sell for 2 decades. Prospects, especially American prospects, who would consider Arizona have a lot of high level Power 5 offers.

I also am going to judge Tommy based on over-recruiting foreign players. They may or may not be better than American prospects at this point. It's not a given, but the style of the game itself is being adjusted to Domestically at a much faster rate than the international game is innovating/growing now. THAT IS - American players are being brought up on the 3ball, Pace, and Analytics a la the Chef Curry impact to the sport of basketball. We are very long and far from the "cool cat" era of cookie cutter 6'7 SG/SFs with no shooting ability, but tons of athleticism. Every team can use one of those types of players for various reasons, but young basketball players know they aren't likely making the league by just being slashers and dunkers anymore

KansasCityCats

Last season, Tubelis, Kerr, Mathurin and Koloko ran the length of the court better than almost everybody at their respective positions within the Pac-12.  They were more agile and athletic than the US-born  D-1 players. 

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu