Arizona Vs California game discussion thread 9/20/22 at 230pm on PAC12

Started by WILD, September 20, 2022, 10:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOOS

Quote from: KansasCityCats on September 25, 2022, 06:36:03 AM
Don't pin it on one player. DeLaura threw for 400+ yards and had a QBR within 1.6 of Plummer.

Our D couldn't stop the run...and they couldn't stop anything in the second half.

Cal was impressive on offense. Their line outmuscled us.

This ^^^^^^  !!.    Pert hates, Arizona

Aokay

Quote from: FOOS on September 25, 2022, 06:24:09 AM
Quote from: arxpert on September 25, 2022, 12:20:26 AM
De Loser showed up today. A lot of running opportunities and he chose to stand around and take sacks or throw bad passes.

Right out of the woodwork.....

Sad, isn't it?

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on September 25, 2022, 06:36:03 AM
Don't pin it on one player. DeLaura threw for 400+ yards and had a QBR within 1.6 of Plummer.

Our D couldn't stop the run...and they couldn't stop anything in the second half.

Cal was impressive on offense. Their line outmuscled us.

Sir, this is College Football. I can blame the QB. Vince Young didn't lose to USC. A QB can control enough aspects of a game at the college level.

Our QB put up a lot of fluffed statistics and didn't score enough points relative to his yards. Cal is no juggernaut. The problem with De Loser is he is playing like he is only out to showcase his talent for the next level and he is not doing a great job of that. Beating NDSU was not an easy thing to do for the type of team we have, but they are an easy team to game plan for. Losing to Miss. St was a real shame because I feel like we had enough to win that game if De Loser would have used his legs like he did vs NDSU. I personally don't think he played scared. I think he wanted to show the scouts what he could do with his arm vs SEC competition and he shit the bed. If De Loser can win another game he can have his name back. Colorado is the last chance for a win this season so he will get his chance.

If Brother Jedd can't figure out a way to buy a win vs Colorado I think he should consider looking out for his job. After the gauntlet of ranked hell (Oregon/USC/Washington/Utah in whatever order), I fully expect the Fifita Era to begin. If he isn't starting the last 3 games, he should transfer and take his buddies from HS with him.

CactusCat

Is the defense getting worse each game?
Yards per play;
SDSU: 4.0
MSU: 5.84
NDSU: 7.14
Cal: 9.08
"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

Dav

Defense was going to be weak point this year, specifically line and linebackers.  I say linebackers although after CAL game I'm not sure this D plays with linebackers, it would sure help stop the run if they did.  I kept looking for a middle LB to the cover short middle and fill holes and there wasn't one.  O line is still in need of improvement and depth but ahead of D right now.  Recruiting must fill O and D line with  PAC level players, same as most fans have been saying for a decade now.  Over all, not mad, It's year 1 and I'm okay with the progress.  Bear Down.,.
"'I was totally amazed and shocked to be hired and released prior to one full year and without any year of recruiting."
- Ben Lindsey

BearDownU - Menu