Estonian Big Henri Veesaar 6'11 2022 F Has Committed To Arizona!!

Started by WILD, May 20, 2022, 11:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Estonian big Henri Veesaar 6-11 2022 F/C has committed to Arizona!!

Arizona fans have been waiting with great anticipation for Tommy Lloyd to land a big time recruit. Lloyd finally came though by landed Estonia Big Henri Veesaar. Having fellow Estonian Kerr Kriisa on the team may have also helped.

Henri is an effective slasher on straight line drives due to his solid ball handling, agility and coordination. He often displays nifty moves where he shows off his body control and finishes at the rim.

In last summer's FIBA U18 European Challengers, Veesaar averaged 16.2 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 2.6 APG and 3.8 blocks per game.

https://twitter.com/Eurohopes/status/1527606420870512642

His main skill set will be as a floor spacer.  He's an intuitive cutter that finds gaps in defenses, with a solid post game that should develop nicely once he gets stronger and is able to establish good low post position. He also has the athleticism to serve as a vertical lob threat and make plays above the rim... But what I really love most about his game is he's tough, he plays with passion and finishing strong with authority around the rim.

Veesaar has the potential to develop into a matchup nightmare out of the mid post considering he has the touch and ability to shoot over the top of smaller defenders.

Playmaking is an area where I think he can be special. He's a gifted passer with a good feel for the game and high IQ. He plays for Real Madrid who do a really good job of developing their prospects into high level passers.  Some have even said he's got a little bit of Dirk in him.

Stats
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Henri-Veesaar/Summary/147126

Highlights

Interview

arxpert

I barely recognize this basketball program anymore and have no idea why any Americans would want to play for us.

WerderBremen

Probably should ask Lewis and Boswell.

They know the answer.

As usual a horrible post from the troll.

FOOS

Quote from: WerderBremen on May 21, 2022, 04:14:41 AM
Probably should ask Lewis and Boswell.

They know the answer.

As usual a horrible post from the troll.

I bet he's raging on the Xavier board

Jdmarti

Good stuff wild.
Excited to finally see henri commit.

This guy is going to be good hopefully  he can add muscle before  the season starts.

KansasCityCats

I'm ecstatic that our team is unrecognizable. Throw out the 5* selfish one and dones so we can bring in players that want to win. Arizona broke records and earned its first #1 seed in years.

Another long body that can stretch the court is perfect for the future roster.

Aokay

Quote from: arxpert on May 21, 2022, 01:59:19 AM
I barely recognize this basketball program anymore and have no idea why any Americans would want to play for us.

Racist

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on May 21, 2022, 10:47:45 AM
I'm ecstatic that our team is unrecognizable. Throw out the 5* selfish one and dones so we can bring in players that want to win. Arizona broke records and earned its first #1 seed in years.

Another long body that can stretch the court is perfect for the future roster.

With Sean Miller's players yes. Unrecognizable players the season before Tommy too, but it came out of necessity and he did a better job than Lloyd did bringing in just as many great foreign players over his tenure whether anyone respects him or not. However Miller always kept the American pipeline open.

So what if it takes at least another year to see the American pipeline return as mentioned with Boswell, Lewis, and Buddies?.. hopefully that pans out. One more year of a full international team won't ruin my day even though it seems to have caused some sort of cardiac event for some members on this thread, but as always, my only expectations continue to be winning the Pac12 title and Pac12 Tournament. I see zero reason Tommy can't coach this team to those goals. Falling short of either or both would be a big regression to me.

I do not expect Final Fours with or without an American-laden roster, but I also don't look forward to getting banged around by tough nosed older players either. If Lloyd lives up to his expectations we will be right back in position with a good seed to make the 2nd weekend again. I can't see any reason we wouldn't.

I see no reason basically 90% of the team has to be International. Tommy is forcing it. I get it, he couldn't land the top transfers this time around. They didn't want to come play with this team with Koloko, Mathurin gone and Terry on the fence, but I guarantee he will get some transfers after next season with the players coming up next. We clearly have no impactful sanctions coming from the Book Richardson fiasco.

Also - Footnote; there aren't any good 5* players coming into College this season anyway so it doesn't even matter. Not 1 de facto NBA Franchise Starter so we aren't missing out on anything this year. The best player not in the NBA is Victor Wembanyama and he is obviously ineligible.

PS -
Aokay - American is not a Race, try harder geriatric klansman.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu