The #1 Arizona Wildcats Basketball Source - BDU

About Tommy from a Gonzaga fan

GrizZag · 748

Offline GrizZag

• BEARDOWN
on: March 13, 2022, 08:56:47 PM
I noticed questions came up with regard to whether Tommy Lloyd would be a good recruiter in some posts here and there.  As a long time Zag fan for over the past 22 years I can tell you he is golden in that regard.  I graduated from Montana, so I'm just a fan that got bitten by the success of this small school.   He opened pipelines to international players from Europe, the Balkans, Africa and even South of the border.  He was a rock star in Spokane for his recruiting prowess but also because he took extremely good care of those international recruits who were homesick or other things.  If they didn't know the language he worked tirelessly to help them in that regard as well as with academics.  Ballo will attest to that. Tommy brings players into a family, not just a team.  You are very lucky to have him.  He IS the real deal and you have a great future in basketball with his skill sets.  His mentor builds men, graduates them at 95% rate and knows the game.  Tommy was very good at taking players to another level.  Your future is bright!

I would love an Arizona Gonzaga championship game, but those of us who have followed this madness for years know how difficult getting there is regardless of ranking or the talking heads.  It's the best time of year in sports if you love basketball.  Upset city! 
You have quite the fan club pulling for you in the Gonzaga fan base..  Go Cats, go deep!   
Cheers!!

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:14:42 AM
Great post!

Offline KansasCityCats

• Pick'em Player
  • BTFD
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 06:39:24 AM
I think the entire fanbase was shocked when the hire came out of left field...but it's difficult to find an Arizona alum that isn't ecstatic with the effort from Lloyd.

The players obviously love being here and they seem to bond as a family in the locker room and on the court.  We are unbelievably lucky to have him and I hope he's around for the remainder of his career.

As far as recruiting goes...the kids will follow success.  Our fans are extremely dedicated (similar to the Zags) and our facilities will keep the pipeline flowing.

Thanks for contributing.  Keep hanging out here on the board (although there's a good chance that Arizona/Gonzaga turns into a healthy rivalry with the best two teams in the west).

Offline Wiidslifecoach

• Pick'em Player
  • BEARDOWN
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 10:40:31 AM
Once I found out that few and TL actually admired and emulated Lutes teachings, I was completely onboard with TL.

"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" - Oscar Wilde

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 03:51:31 PM
I noticed questions came up with regard to whether Tommy Lloyd would be a good recruiter in some posts here and there.  As a long time Zag fan for over the past 22 years I can tell you he is golden in that regard.  I graduated from Montana, so I'm just a fan that got bitten by the success of this small school.   He opened pipelines to international players from Europe, the Balkans, Africa and even South of the border.  He was a rock star in Spokane for his recruiting prowess but also because he took extremely good care of those international recruits who were homesick or other things.  If they didn't know the language he worked tirelessly to help them in that regard as well as with academics.  Ballo will attest to that. Tommy brings players into a family, not just a team.  You are very lucky to have him.  He IS the real deal and you have a great future in basketball with his skill sets.  His mentor builds men, graduates them at 95% rate and knows the game.  Tommy was very good at taking players to another level.  Your future is bright!

I would love an Arizona Gonzaga championship game, but those of us who have followed this madness for years know how difficult getting there is regardless of ranking or the talking heads.  It's the best time of year in sports if you love basketball.  Upset city! 
You have quite the fan club pulling for you in the Gonzaga fan base..  Go Cats, go deep!   
Cheers!!

Tommy is most definitely a wholesome fellow. No doubt about that.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal