Do you want Caleb Love to come back? Let's take a look at the stats

Started by WILD, April 13, 2024, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Caleb Love made 218 out of 528 shots this past season. The 2nd closest was Boswell with 125 makes at 318 shots and then Pelle at 163 made FG's on 316 shots.

The amount of shots Love took was very high. It would've been nice to have had Boz & and Pelle get more shots, especially when you compare shooting percentages. 

The only way I see Love returning and making a positive impact is if he takes only good quality shots. I'd also like to see him stop shooting and let someone else take over when his shot is not falling.

Thoughts Wildcat fans? Check out the team stats below.

Edit: Post inspired by @Silver Fox in the shoutbox

CactusCat

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

The answer is Yes. He has tons of experience, already knows the system, and is capable of being the captain of the ship.

With that being said, Tom has to actually coach him. He has to set limitations and give him a successful blueprint to playing high efficiency team basketball. Just giving him a green light to free lance and saying "I trust you bro" isn't coaching. And I do believe Caleb can adapt, and will. This will be his last great opportunity to prove that he can play time & score & situation the way that scouts expect to see from an NBA guard.

Jdmarti

I think love is best when he shoots the floaters an gets to the basket, if he returns I fill he needs to do more of that, shoot less 3 pointers, he is very streaky from 3, an shoots alot of contested  shots from 3.

But he is a good player, so yes  I would take him back.

I just hope if he does  we don't  lose sanon.

WILD

Azfansincebirth

I think Sanon decomitts if Love comes back. Im torn between him leaving and staying.

Blafresh

My opinion is we MIGHT be better with Love but if we want to grow we need to move on. With Love gone, younger guys will get much more playing time and they are the future of the program. Do you think Love would make the team a contender? Probably not. I say let the young players get more opportunities and develop.

KansasCityCats

Agreed with Bla.  It's hard to say "no" to the conference POY but we need our young backcourt to develop.

Love & Boswell had the worst FG% on the team and Caleb took a significant amount of shots.  The freshmen, in addition to Lewis/Bradley will likely be more efficient from the floor and would allow our deep frontcourt to get more opportunities for easy buckets.

Best of luck to Love at the pro level.  He works hard and deserves a chance in the league.

Bear

Quote from: Blafresh on April 15, 2024, 11:49:08 AMMy opinion is we MIGHT be better with Love but if we want to grow we need to move on. With Love gone, younger guys will get much more playing time and they are the future of the program. Do you think Love would make the team a contender? Probably not. I say let the young players get more opportunities and develop.

I think Love keeps us in the ranking and is instrumental in the development of young players early in the season. There is more than shooting percentage to learn. As it progresses and our younger players advance, we would really want them to take over. There is where we see contention. Its likely not in Love's career interest to defer the second half and tournament of his last year of eligibility unless he changed his career to coaching.

Even if he stays and the new kids don't get the abundance of playing time, meaning they haven't earned it over others like Love, we aren't going to be any worse. Only way we are better off without him is if it costs us new guys transferring out. And even then, you would have to wonder if they were really all that.

CatInFL

The 3 point game is a low percentage, inconsistent game unless you are an elite shooter.  Love is not an elite shooter. He's a much better driver than shooter.  I think he needs to come back and learn that.  With the way basketball is viewed and taught in this era, I struggle to believe it will/can happen.

BearDownU - Menu