Latest news on Azoulus Tubelis, will he stay, go, or transfer?

Started by WILD, March 26, 2023, 04:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Quote from: 94FinalFour on March 26, 2023, 10:10:00 PM
My God Pert, you are borderline insane.  Mindless drivel.  No wonder you have the reputation here you do... Tommy Lloyd the utra control freak compared to the previous regime.  Pure comedy and utterly laughable.

My reputation is exactly where it should be. At the very top and pinnacle of truth, loyalty, and success.

KansasCityCats

You and Miller are both very good at defending your reputation. I see why you're always there for him.

Tillie is just one example of the many bigs that Lloyd coaches that had the green light to shoot threes.  I don't care whether he's an NBA all-star; I'm just making a point that our coach isn't restrictive about players' roles.

Few and Lloyd are the same coach. Tommy didn't take the Arizona job because he was unhappy in Spokane. They have similar coaching ideals and we're together for 21 seasons.

None of the three coaches mentioned above made a Fonal Four until six years ago. Lloyd is only in his second year as a head coach so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. As for Miller...keep on making excuses...

something1

I'd love to have Zu back. My biggest concern here is that he takes too long on his decision and it results in both a transfer out (Anderson? HV?) and potential replacement pieces coming off the board in the transfer market. He has to do what's best for him and his family; I simply hope for a quick decision whatever that may be.

GoCats

Pert- do you ever say anything even remotely important or containing even a resemblance of insight into the actual program? You must be a lonely, sad person and in dire of need an emotional support animal. I actually feel sad for you.

mvpreed2

I am not sure how Mama Tubelis's financial situation is Lithuania, but Big A could take classes in between the season to get his degree like most domestic-born prospects do during (or after) their time in the NBA.

As I type this, this Arizona team desperately needs some scoring from the perimeter with the starting backcourt not coming back.
Someone is going to need to step up and be that guy from the wing, and I do not believe he is on this team right now.
#BearDown
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Zona Nation

Quote from: mvpreed2 on March 27, 2023, 09:40:37 AM
I am not sure how Mama Tubelis's financial situation is Lithuania, but Big A could take classes in between the season to get his degree like most domestic-born prospects do during (or after) their time in the NBA.

As I type this, this Arizona team desperately needs some scoring from the perimeter with the starting backcourt not coming back.
Someone is going to need to step up and be that guy from the wing, and I do not believe he is on this team right now.
#BearDown
.  Him and his brother have already graduated
BTFD!

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on March 27, 2023, 09:40:37 AM

#BearDown

This is accurate. The team is in shambles at the moment. Tommy can only fill it with the portal which is lucky for him that these are the rules otherwise he would be drawing dead.

KansasCityCats

"Shambles" is not losing your two worst jump shooters, following a conference tournament title and top-10 finish.

"Shambles" is losing to Buffalo, losing Ayton/Alkins/Trier/Ristic//Pinder/PJC/walk-ons, being under investigation and bringing in desperation transfers like Luther, Coleman and Gettings.

Arizona is fine when you aren't crying for Sean Miller.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on March 27, 2023, 03:04:03 PM
"Shambles" is not losing your two worst jump shooters, following a conference tournament title and top-10 finish.

"Shambles" is losing to Buffalo, losing Ayton/Alkins/Trier/Ristic//Pinder/PJC/walk-ons, being under investigation and bringing in desperation transfers like Luther, Coleman and Gettings.

Arizona is fine when you aren't crying for Sean Miller.

Oh boy, you just can't accept that I've been right the entire time. I think you should just reconcile with it. I'm the only fan on this forum that prioritized Regular season success and Conference tournament success. Then the next priority is Recruiting. Only after that do I pay attention to March Madness. Tommy has 2 of the 3 criteria of success going for him so far, but that is only because of the tools that were in place. If I am correct, we are due to regress again next season and with the lack of recruiting prowess, I don't see how we will maintain this 1-2 seed, top 8 overall ranked type of program. The dust is clearing. Tommy is about to find himself in the deep end without his swimmies on unfortunately. I hope he can swim. I don't want to see him sink. We all know he can't get any worse in March Madness, but he can still regress out of the 1-2 seed area so let's wait and see what he can pull off now that the team needs to fill at least 3 starter positions, possibly 4.

KansasCityCats

We don't even know that Arizona NEEDS recruits until the 2024 class.  Boswell is going to take over for Kerr, Pelle will start in place of Henderson and KJ Lewis will replace Ramey.  Nobody needs to fill the void of Bal's 39% FG's.  Dylan/Henri and a likely grad transfer (or last minute frontcourt recruit) can help replace the production of Tubelis and/or Ballo, depending on whether they leave.

If Arizona doesn't have a solid recruiting class in 2024, there would be a need for concern.  Otherwise, this team should mature nicely and continue to build from within for the 2023-24 season.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu