Elijah Rushing decommits

Started by CactusCat, October 08, 2023, 08:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusCat

"You guys over estimate how smart i am ." -t. lloyd

CactusCat

It felt like UArizona was finally taking the next step forward. These de-commits from local high level talent cut deep.

KansasCityCats

Interesting. Sounds like dad is searching for the highest bidder. He knew that Arizona was in the rebuild process when they committed.

I hope the kid is truly making the decisions, as opposed to being his parents' puppet. No hard feelings...unless he ends up in tempe (they're definitely not on the "rise").

FOOS

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 09, 2023, 04:21:12 AMInteresting. Sounds like dad is searching for the highest bidder. He knew that Arizona was in the rebuild process when they committed.

I hope the kid is truly making the decisions, as opposed to being his parents' puppet. No hard feelings...unless he ends up in tempe (they're definitely not on the "rise").

Such a bummer to wake up to this.  NIL is a M'fer

Little George

Wilhite opened yo look at the money
Now Rushing is getting tons of money offered.
NCAA sports is never going yo be the same!

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 09, 2023, 04:21:12 AMInteresting. Sounds like dad is searching for the highest bidder. He knew that Arizona was in the rebuild process when they committed.

Rushing watched Fisch enough to know that Arizona was the wrong place for him. I take back what I said about Fisch the grifter. He couldn't secure Rushing in the end. Fisch is not "Him".

Little George

It is about family until the money is offered. These kids are doing what 90% of everyone on this board would do! You can make a lil money at AZ and be near family, or you can make a BUTT load of money at a big Nike school, or any other BIG $$$$$ school and fly your family in any time. Hmmmm!

He is a great kid and so is his team mate that left days ago. It is all about the money and we do not have those kind of resources.

FOOS

Quote from: Little George on October 09, 2023, 01:25:50 PMIt is about family until the money is offered. These kids are doing what 90% of everyone on this board would do! You can make a lil money at AZ and be near family, or you can make a BUTT load of money at a big Nike school, or any other BIG $$$$$ school and fly your family in any time. Hmmmm!

He is a great kid and so is his team mate that left days ago. It is all about the money and we do not have those kind of resources.

100%  Some of the comments from the peanut gallery are just hate for the program

Little George

We will be fine. We have a few other guys already committed at the position like Okundaye and Langley from TX. We are in the top 3 for White.
We have Lane, Savaiinaea, Lolesio, Uiagalelei, Ward, Davis, and Davis on the roster already. Some of these guys are already contributing in a big way.
There is also always the transfer portal available.

CactusCat

Really need a difference maker edge rusher. Maybe the transfer portal?
Those guys don't grow on trees.

arxpert

Quote from: Little George on October 09, 2023, 01:25:50 PMIt is about family until the money is offered. These kids are doing what 90% of everyone on this board would do! You can make a lil money at AZ and be near family, or you can make a BUTT load of money at a big Nike school, or any other BIG $$$$$ school and fly your family in any time. Hmmmm!

I would like to see the number that Elijah Rushing is attempting to command for his services. It may be hard to fathom, but there are plenty of people with money that could buy these players for the program, but the hiring of Brother Jedd has created problems for the "investor circles" aka boosters.

KansasCityCats

We have 10 guys in the front seven that have recorded QB Hits in the first five games. Most are underclassmen that will return next season and we have been pressuring opposing QB's without a single elite pass rusher. 

Rushing would have been a nice addition but he isn't an immediate difference maker. His primary role at this point is to lure other high end recruits to show the nation that Arizona can be a football destination. Unfortunately, we need to find another big name to fill that void, thanks to Rushing's dad.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 09, 2023, 06:51:53 PMWe have 10 guys in the front seven that have recorded QB Hits in the first five games. Most are underclassmen that will return next season and we have been pressuring opposing QB's without a single elite pass rusher. 

Rushing would have been a nice addition but he isn't an immediate difference maker. His primary role at this point is to lure other high end recruits to show the nation that Arizona can be a football destination. Unfortunately, we need to find another big name to fill that void, thanks to Rushing's dad.

I disagree. Anytime you get a 5* recruit at a school like Arizona, they are Day 1 Starters and expected to be Leaders. There is no universe where a true 6'6" Edge Rusher doesn't start Day 1 if healthy and wreak havoc.

KansasCityCats

Tell that to Arthur Brown and the Miami Hurricanes. His presence was never felt for opposing QB's.

Or even Louis Holmes, who was an upperclassman when he transferred to Arizona as a 5* JUCO talent.

Rushing could contribute immediately but Arizona's defensive front won't hurt without him in 2024.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 10, 2023, 03:03:37 PMTell that to Arthur Brown and the Miami Hurricanes. His presence was never felt for opposing QB's.

Or even Louis Holmes, who was an upperclassman when he transferred to Arizona as a 5* JUCO talent.

Rushing could contribute immediately but Arizona's defensive front won't hurt without him in 2024.

Terrell Suggs was a 0.9765 247Sports composite, 4 Star recruit. Nationally #61, #2 ATH, #1 AZ

Elijah Rushing is a 0.9870 247Sports composite, 5 Star recruit. Nationally #26, #3 EDGE, #1 AZ

No way to say they are the same. No way to compare anything. However the difference in a 4* and 5* is fractional and I believe more often than not, 5* recruits do actually make the NFL on average. I believe Rushing will be an Impact Player based on what I've seen. Any coach or system can ruin a player and any coach or system can make a player shine too. I think Jedd made a big mistake letting Rushing slip away. You mentioned he was a poster boy for recruiting. Being able to lure more 5*'s... that may be true, but if Jedd even muttered those words then shame on him. We may never know the real story, but Jedd should have been hitting the phone lines hard to everyone possible to pay this kid off to stay either way.

Refer to what Mark Stoops said.

PONY UP.

KansasCityCats

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool/

Here's the first class that went to the NFL after five full years of college (considering redshirts and/or Covid).

Not even half of these players made it...

FCat

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 11, 2023, 04:00:28 PMhttps://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool/

Here's the first class that went to the NFL after five full years of college (considering redshirts and/or Covid).

We all know what happened to #24 on that list lol

KansasCityCats

Acted like every other player that ever spent time on the Raiders?

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 11, 2023, 04:00:28 PMhttps://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool/

7 out of the Top 10 made it and were almost all very high picks... = $$$$$$$$

22 of the top 50 made it and most of them were 1st or 2nd round picks... I don't see how this supports your argument. 16 of the top 32 players (all of the 5 stars in toto) made the NFL and again, I think all except Mills and Wade were early round picks.

When you go to the 4* the ratio only gets lower and lower. If you are a 5* player you have basically a 50/50 shot of making the NFL. I can't imagine how little 3*'s or lower got drafted in the 1st and 2nd round in terms having to find the needles in the haystack as opposed to being able to essentially flip a coin on a prospect being a top flight NFL level player.

10 out of 51-100 made it to be drafted
19 out of the top 51-150 made it to be drafted
38 out of the top 51- the end of the page (247) got to the NFL either drafted or undrafted I believe. Not just training camp (Josh Ross ILB Michigan I know is on the Ravens - Mike McDonald is the D Coordinator there now and was the DC at Michigan)..

Only the top 32 were 5 stars on here.. so 16 out of 38 made it...

I think it is far better odds to be drafted if you are a 5* in any capacity than anything else. Especially a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Just my observation.

BearDownU - Menu