Tommy Lloyd has agreed to become the Arizona Wildcats basketball coach!

Started by WILD, April 08, 2021, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WerderBremen

Is there some kind of rule that they need to go through all these steps before hiring a new coach? Serious question. Couldn't they just announce this right after they fired Miller. Why the need for interviews, hiring an agency....?

Needless to say that lost time is not good for us. Our guys might get even more nervous and good potential transfers are signing somewhere else.

KansasCityCats

Similar to the NFL, I assume that they need to make an effort to try and prove that they gave a fair opportunity to minorities for the HC job.

Perhaps I'm wrong...but these days, you can't just have a white coach "in waiting" for the position.

WILD

[hide login=1]
Quote from: WILD on April 11, 2021, 10:28:19 PM
This content is hidden and cannot be quoted.

I posted on Pope being a possible mystery candidate and now Goodman is naming him. This coaching search needs to end and end quick. The UofA has until Thursday when the ABOR meets again. [/hide]

Little George

Pope has only been mentioned in passing. He might be the best option available without question. Is there any truth to this?

Jdmarti

This search does need to end quick,  I am sure recruiting  is suffering, it would be nice for our recruiting  class to be recruited  to  stay at Arizona , also 2022 class now that  we will have a new coach I am sure some of the players will be different   than some of the players Miller was chasing.

WILD

[hide login=1]There was an agreement with the UofA admin and Lloyd that he would become Arizona's coach. So much so that Lloyd started making calls to other coaches and word got out. There was push back from boosters and former players. The plan was still to announce Lloyd as head coach on Monday or Tuesday and then Robbins gets a call from Musselman. Robbins then puts Lloyd on the back burner. Muss plays us like a fiddle and now we wait to see if Lloyd still agrees or if Robbins screwed everything up. [/hide]

something1

hawaii wildcat

Such complete and utter incompetence! NO EXCUSES! Can those two now!

01Cats

BearDownU - Menu