PAC12 Offensive FOY QB Jayden de Laura transfers to Arizona!

Started by WILD, January 10, 2022, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

PAC12 Offensive FOY QB Jaden De Laura transfers to Arizona!

Former WSU QB Jayden de Laura is an Arizona Wildcat!

De Laura was one of the top QB transfers on the market and instantly makes the Wildcats a bowl contender. In 2021, he threw 23 TD passes which led the PAC-12

He thrown for 3,684 yards and 28 touchdowns over his Wazzu career. In a win over the Wildcats on Nov. 19, 2021, de Laura completed 13 of his 23 passes for 259 yards and four touchdowns.

After former Hawaii coach Nick Rolovich was removed from his position at WSU for refusing to be vaccinated against COVID-19, defensive coordinator Jake Dickert was named the program's new head coach moving forward. Under Dickert and new offensive coordinator Brian Ward, the Cougars will have a shift in philosophy offensively, transitioning from the run-and-shoot to the air raid.

De Laura has three seasons of college eligibility remaining. BEARDOWN!

De Laura highlights

Aokay

Fisch and Company are not messing around. With de Laura, we are at least three deep at the QB position,  if we're talking McCloud and Fifita being in the mix. That's some healthy competition. This recruiting period borders on the insane. So as long as we're on a roll, let's keep on truckin.

arxpert

A bowl contender? So a 6-win shit.com toilet bowl appearance vs someone like Bishop Sycamore? I guess that would be considered one of the bigger turnarounds in all of college athletics.

Aokay

Quote from: arxpert on January 10, 2022, 11:34:36 PM
A bowl contender? So a 6-win shit.com toilet bowl appearance vs someone like Bishop Sycamore? I guess that would be considered one of the bigger turnarounds in all of college athletics.

Come on man, pull the stick out of your arse. Six wins would be a giant turn around, regardless of the type of post season reward. While I'm not a medical professional, I recommend a good laxative to free you of the bile backup affecting your ability to think clearly.

KansasCityCats

...and if you expect more than 6 wins per year as an Arizona fan, you're going to live a bitter life because our program has only attended 3 legit bowl games in our entire history.

If we overachieve, we should be ecstatic...although RichRod's consistent success should be an ideal level of winning. He made a run after a Rose Bowl in one season, had one bad year and otherwise was always competitive with 7-8 wins. I'd love to see Fisch put us in a similar position within the next couple seasons.

Aokay

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2022, 11:00:04 AM
...and if you expect more than 6 wins per year as an Arizona fan, you're going to live a bitter life because our program has only attended 3 legit bowl games in our entire history.

If we overachieve, we should be ecstatic...although RichRod's consistent success should be an ideal level of winning. He made a run after a Rose Bowl in one season, had one bad year and otherwise was always competitive with 7-8 wins. I'd love to see Fisch put us in a similar position within the next couple seasons.

Yes

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 11, 2022, 11:00:04 AM

Cue the classic James Taylor song lyrics "I've seen fire and i've seen rain.."

There's just ways to be respectful to a fanbase and ways to be disingenuous. Year 1 is over. Can't go back in time. Can't make a first impression twice as they say. Can only sit back and wait to see if the product improves enough to be respectable at any win level.

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu