Arizona Vs Wyoming 🏀 game discussion thread 12/8/21 8pm PAC12N

Started by WILD, December 07, 2021, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona Vs Wyoming game discussion thread 12/8/21 8pm PAC12N

It Is the battle of unbeaten squads as Wyoming travels to Arizona to take on the Wildcats on Wednesday night. The Cowboys are 8-0 with some quality wins over the likes of Cal State Fullerton and Washington on their schedule. The Wildcats come into this one at 7-0 with double digit wins in every game save for one.

With their dominant win over McNeese St, 79-58, the 8-0 Wyoming Cowboys are off to their best start since the 2012-13 season. Wyoming manhandled McNeese State with 36 points in the paint, converting 18 free throws and out-rebounding them 50-34.

"I thought our guys really executed the game plan well," UW Head coach Jeff Linder said. We didn't make as many mistakes as we did against Denver. We were more dialed in today. They (McNeese State) are a tough team to play because they are so physical and really athletic, so you have to fight through that. The officials can't call a foul every time down. You have to fight through their (McNeese State's) pressure, and that is good for us because that's what we're going to see when we play teams like San Diego State and Fresno State.

The Cowboys' attack was led by Forwards Graham Ike and Jeremiah Oden. Ike and Oden both had double-doubles on the night with Ike going for 18 points and 10 rebounds and Oden going for 13 points and 10 rebounds. Hunter Maldonado was the top scorer for Wyoming with 20 points and fellow guards Brendan Wenzel and Xavier DuSell chipped in with 11 points

#11 Arizona moved to 7-0 on the season by jumping all over a struggling Oregon State squad on the road, 90-65. The Wildcats turned a modest 8 point halftime lead into a 25 point blowout thanks to Bennedict Mathurin season-high 29 points, timely offensive rebounding and a defense that helped create 22 Beaver turnovers.

''The first thing that really got Benn going was the offensive rebounding. That's something he and I have been talking about,'' Arizona coach Tommy Lloyd said. ''Making plays in the effort areas and not just hunting jump shots. Then he hunted some good 3s and our guys found him in that zone.''

Recovered from an ankle sprain suffered a week earlier, 7'1 center Christian Koloko added 12 points for the Wildcats. Arizona actually fell behind 13-7 early but responded with a 16-0 run of their own which was capped by Mathurin's three-point play. The Wildcats would never relinquishing the lead. Kerr Kriisa finished with 11 points for Arizona and Azuolas Tubelis scored 10. The turnovers, however, were the story of the game as Arizona pressured Oregon State all night.

''I don't know if I envision stats going into the game, but I definitely knew we wanted to pressure them and force them to make tough plays in tight windows. Our guys did a good job of that,'' Lloyd said.

The Wildcats sluggish start may have had more to do with not playing in over a week. Arizona missed its' Pac-12 opener due to COVID restrictions placed on Washington. The rust wore off quickly and Arizona looks like they will continue to be a team to be reckoned with.

''We played one game basically in the last two weeks. So maybe it took us a little bit to get our feet underneath us, but I'm really proud of how our bench came in and changed the game, pressuring defensively and making some things happen,'' Lloyd said.

Arizona is favored by 15.5 and the Over/Under is 151

Let's talk about the Wildcats Vs the Cowboys!

BEARDOWN!!!

Live stream link below 
[hide login=1]
Link
https://www.cr7sports.xyz/p/wyoming-vs-arizona.html?m=1
[/hide]

KansasCityCats

Wyoming is surprisingly long and talented. They're only 5 players deep...but all five range from 6'4" to 6'9".

Hopefully, we can force the ball inside and get them in early foul trouble so they're forced to go to the bench.

I'm assuming that Koloko has another huge night.

Dav

"'I was totally amazed and shocked to be hired and released prior to one full year and without any year of recruiting."
- Ben Lindsey

AZip

A Z i p

BearDownU - Menu