A thorough ass whoopin in front of the world.

Started by arxpert, March 24, 2022, 10:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOOS

Everyone can see how much, Pert loved the loss.......  When do you leave for the Xavier board ?

arxpert

Update - Saint Pete's won over Purdue. At least Purdue fans got a game out of their team even if they feel embarrassed losing to a 15 seed.

Everything else seems to be pretty validated. Villanova walked over Houston wire to wire as expected. Houston 1 for 20 from 3pt land today. Didn't get the 50/50 balls nor rebounds bounce right to them. Nothing special about the team that whooped our asses, we just didn't have a game plan at all let alone any idea how to play in a tournament setting vs teams we haven't seen at all over the course of the season.

I don't think it needs to be taken so personally. Tommy Lloyd said it himself -- He felt like the Cats needed to see a team like this more than once to understand how to deal with them.

I think this is something to keep an eye on with Coach moving forward. You can load up the OOC slate however you want, but you are always going to run into multiple teams you didn't face earlier in the season so if there isn't going to be improvement in that mentality then I expect to become the new Gonzaga (except in a Real Man's conference), always competitive at the top of the Pac12, but not having tournament success to match the immense regular season success.

Mark Few did the same thing with Gonzaga on Thursday just letting the players play and together Few and Lloyd have been acting this way for over 20 years. When you enter a matchup with your nose up you usually get your nose broken.

AZip

A Z i p

arxpert

Quote from: AZip on March 27, 2022, 01:02:17 AM
It should read. ASSPERT. not arxpert

Or it could read Top Contributor. Not my fault the truth hurts sometimes. Do you think Walter Cronkite enjoyed reporting on what he wasn't happy about seeing?

Zona Nation

Quote from: arxpert on March 27, 2022, 12:41:05 PM

Or it could read Top Contributor. Not my fault the truth hurts sometimes. Do you think Walter Cronkite enjoyed reporting on what he wasn't happy about seeing?
Or it could read dumbass banned for life
BTFD!

Bear

For a young team with a new system and a new coach, this team did remarkably well this year. Could they have played better with 2 years more experience and cohesion as a team, who wouldn't? 

Nova and us saw 2 very different Houston teams.  We saw the high energy, lights out shooting, defending outside the arc, hands in every passing lane, physical,  Houston.  Nova saw a tired, poor shooting Houston. If we saw Nova's version, that's a W for us.  Nova owes us a very sincere thank you.

This season ended on a much higher note than I ever thought it could. Maybe Few hasn't won a Natty, but neither has Miller and Few is closer and his program is in a good spot and relevant.  So if that's the direction Lloyd is steering us, nothing really to complain about at this point.  I look forward to next year.

arxpert

Quote from: Zona Nation on March 27, 2022, 02:32:07 PM
Quote from: arxpert on March 27, 2022, 12:41:05 PM

Or it could read dumbass banned for life

Hey, you came to My post, which I created Separately. You chose to click it, You chose to read it, and You chose to get upset at the truth. So it could also read "mind your business crybaby"

arxpert

Quote from: Bear on March 27, 2022, 03:02:37 PM
For a young team with a new system and a new coach, this team did remarkably well this year. Could they have played better with 2 years more experience and cohesion as a team, who wouldn't? 

Nova and us saw 2 very different Houston teams.  We saw the high energy, lights out shooting, defending outside the arc, hands in every passing lane, physical,  Houston.  Nova saw a tired, poor shooting Houston. If we saw Nova's version, that's a W for us.  Nova owes us a very sincere thank you.

This season ended on a much higher note than I ever thought it could. Maybe Few hasn't won a Natty, but neither has Miller and Few is closer and his program is in a good spot and relevant.  So if that's the direction Lloyd is steering us, nothing really to complain about at this point.  I look forward to next year.

A lofty comment indeed. It's almost like some people are starting to understand why March Madness is not the measuring stick for success, but the overall Win record, Conference Title and Conference Tournament says a lot more.

How many times does it feel like another team has the game of their lives vs us? All the times the cbox's Papa Dana and Uncle Mick won in recent seasons not withstanding. It's called getting up for a game. When you start to realize how competition works it is not so hard to realize why we see everyone's best shot.

And I'm sure even after that realization, people will still believe Sean Miller was supposed to hit the Derrick Williams 3pt'er vs UConn or go out there and face guard Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky back to back years in those 1 vs 2 games, and maybe the Penguin should have closed out on Aaron Craft at the buzzer too.

At least he coached the teams to the opportunities to win in the end. That is non-fungible coaching experience. Maybe Tommy will get there someday on his own. Gonzaga has been coasting for over 2 decades in a low level conference and habitually being bounced by Power 5 teams in March.

mvpreed2

I don't really understand what all the internet slander is surrounding arxpert, but how about we all chill out?
Whether you like his opinion or not, this is a free forum where we welcome EVERYONE that is an Arizona fan.
Everyone is not going to be so "head over heels" about Lloyd as most of us are.

If we are being honest, I am eager to see how the 2022-23 and 2023-24 Arizona Wildcats are going to look with a roster primarily of Lloyd's prospects.
That "relax and play your game" motto works when you are clearly better than your opponent, but when the talent gap is equal, coaching/experience is what is going to give Arizona the edge.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

I don't think too "contributor" is appropriate. You're more like a participant because you engage in quality discussions but rarely help in allowing fans to appreciate their success on a fan site.

Rather than redundantly pointing out a few negative aspects, perhaps other members could post about winning the conference title and tournament, we well as exceeding all expectations this season.

Lloyd absolutely deserves credit for Arizona's success. We had three scholarship players committed to returning at one point in the offseason. After being projected as a bubble team, our offense looked unlike any wildcat team in years.

This season was a success. If anybody thinks otherwise, they are looking at life through rust and piss colored glasses that they purchased in tempee.