Is Oregon The Biggest Threat To Arizona?

Started by mvpreed2, January 16, 2022, 05:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisZona

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 17, 2022, 01:21:32 PM
I don't understand the argument.  You claim that "players play the games" but "Lloyd should be scrutinized if we lose". 

Arizona fans won't care about the competition if the Cats continue to win.  The Ducks have been eternally outrecruited by Arizona since Lute arrived...and UCLA has been harmless, with the exception of Howland's nice 3-year run.

Tommy Lloyd has Arizona as a projected 1-seed for the first time in a while...and it didn't take long for him to turn the program around.  Miller left him a few nice pieces but not enough to be #3 in the country.  If Wildcat fans expected us to be this good in mid-January when we hired Lloyd...they're lying (or his family).  This program is on the way up, whether you like it or not.

Naw didn't u know this team was a projected 1 sd regardless of who's coaching. I mean MMM finished 5th and had us on bubble watch with the same exact group plus 1st team all-conference pg Akinjo and conference 6th man JBrown.

KansasCityCats

Plus T-Brown and Ira Lee (for depth purposes).  I believe Baker was already done for the year when we played Oregon...but I'm too lazy to check.

mvpreed2

Quote from: mvpreed2 on January 16, 2022, 05:23:01 PM
Alright I am joking (sort of).

Oregon lost to top-ranked Baylor by 8pts on 12/18.
Since then, they have gone on a five-game winning streak.
This streak includes beating both #3 UCLA in OT (84-81) and #5 USC (79-69).
Oregon does have an home-and-home with USC/UCLA and a showdown with Arizona on the road (2/19).
As it stands, Oregon is a threat to win the PAC-12 again...
As I respond to my own text, it does not appear. that there is anyone that is a legit threat to Arizona sweeping both PAC-12 titles except Arizona!

When I posted this, Oregon beat both USC/UCLA, and all three looked dangerous.
Now, UCLA was swept by the Arizona schools on the road.
USC was swept by the Oregon at AT HOME!
Oregon just lost to Cal AT HOME by double digits, AND they have not lost to them in like six years! 

What is my point?
I made this thread in the moment because Oregon appeared to be the primary threat.
As I type this now, nobody in the PAC-12 does!
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

KansasCityCats

Oregon can still be dangerous but they only beat good teams when they get hit from 3.

If we can force them to try and drive on our bigs, we'll handle them easily.

Even if we lose, Arizona has a 3 game lead over everybody else in the league. No worries regarding the regular season title.

Bkatt

Arizona is going to kill Oregon! Not only because it's being played in McKale, but Oregon is going to be tired after playing 5 games in the last 9 days.

mvpreed2

Now that the dust has settled, when Oregon is hitting from deep, they might the 2nd best program in the PAC-12!
They remind of those Orlando Magic teams that made it to the NBA Finals with Dwight Howard.
That 4 Out-1 In dribble-drive offense they run can be dangerous as long as Dante is snatching offensive rebounds like that consistently.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Surgeon

Quote from: mvpreed2 on February 20, 2022, 10:54:30 PM
Now that the dust has settled, when Oregon is hitting from deep, they might the 2nd best program in the PAC-12!
They remind of those Orlando Magic teams that made it to the NBA Finals with Dwight Howard.
That 4 Out-1 In dribble-drive offense they run can be dangerous as long as Dante is snatching offensive rebounds like that consistently.

Guerrier was a 27% three point shooter before Saturday night. Doubt we see that again. But I 100% expect to see the ducks in Vegas.

Little George

AztecWildcat

Oregon will not get a first round bye so I expect them to be complete gassed if we have to face them.

arxpert

Anyone who holds fear of losing any game is the anti-thesis of all that which considers this season solely a product of the New Coach.

Pick a side and stick to it.

Either New Coach is on track to surpass Lute in Year 1 or he is just riding the natural progression of the core talent of the roster put together by Coach 1B from last season

BearDownU - Menu