Arizona Vs San Diego St game discussion thread 9/11/21 at 7:00 PAC12N

Started by WILD, September 05, 2021, 09:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

Quote from: Aokay on September 07, 2021, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: arxpert on September 07, 2021, 12:00:47 PM
Brother Jedd can't fool me with the fake nostalgia act. Bruschi isn't suiting up on Saturdays. Cris McAlister and Antoine Cason aren't our DBs. I can't imagine how much money the program would waste to get Gronk to come back and spike a football at homecoming or catch another ball out of a helicopter. The money is being completely wasted on unnecessary PR. I don't think Brother Jedd is a tyrant like Scumlin, but he is part of the Country Club Complex that Robbins and Heeke created and I see right through it. I also don't think Don Brown will be here long.

34/45 on perpetual dink and dunks 7.5avg is nothing to be wild about. Any time Cruz tried to make a real football play he was made to look like he should play for Pima CC.
Berryhill is a nice story, but our WR Corps is awful
The Pandyman might be our best player and I do like what he brings, hope he makes the NFL

Let me guess: Your superpower is your sunglasses. Where did you get them? I could use a pair.

Being a fan is 1 thing, but ignoring the obvious is another. The SDSU @ Arizona game is virtually a pick'em. Arizona is favored by 1 point. I wouldn't be shocked if we barely won a mostly ugly low scoring game by both teams (somewhere in the 23-20 range, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we lose by 3-10 points either in another decently fought defensive effort.

KansasCityCats

They aren't "renting" Gronk and other former players to hang out. They want to be around the program...and a coach that shows appreciation for their previous efforts.

It's a recruiting tactic and PR move (for the alumni) that is working.

Also, our WR corps is deep enough that Reid is buried on the depth chart. We have plenty of talented receivers but Cruz and Carroll need to find ways to get the ball in their hands.

soazbnb

Putting fans in the stadium is a must. I don't care if he has Bruschi drive a clown car to the 50 yard line and the UA hoops team that lost to Santa Clara piles out of the VW Golf. People need to be interested in the program and care and give a sh-t. The fan interest, player commitment, and recruiting all feed each other.

Surgeon

Quote from: soazbnb on September 10, 2021, 07:24:57 PM
Putting fans in the stadium is a must. I don't care if he has Bruschi drive a clown car to the 50 yard line and the UA hoops team that lost to Santa Clara piles out of the VW Golf. People need to be interested in the program and care and give a sh-t. The fan interest, player commitment, and recruiting all feed each other.

Recruits and fans want to see wins and progress, period.   I get that Fisch has a marketing aspect to his program and is desperate for any attention he can put on the program. Only winning will put fans in the stadium. Everything else is a waste of time and resources.

Aokay

Quote from: Surgeon on September 11, 2021, 06:04:58 AM
Quote from: soazbnb on September 10, 2021, 07:24:57 PM

Recruits and fans want to see wins and progress, period.   I get that Fisch has a marketing aspect to his program and is desperate for any attention he can put on the program. Only winning will put fans in the stadium. Everything else is a waste of time and resources.

In the 60s, 70s, and 80s Chicago fans showed up in force to watch the Bears and Cubs lose. I was one of those fans. Each season began with new found hope and ended in disappointment, often early in the season -- every so often we were awarded with something that smelled like success. Looking back, I guess that I didn't understand just how much that said about the character of the people who showed up at the games regardless of past failures. Maybe that's just a Midwestern thing --  the lack of a sense of entitlement? And maybe that's why I'll be parking my fat ass in Arizona Stadium tonight, cheering for a group of kids that may or may not provide the result we  ALL are hoping for. BTFD

BDU Recent Topics

BearDownU - Menu