Arizona Vs San Diego St game discussion thread 9/11/21 at 7:00 PAC12N

WILD · 1224

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U
Full game day schedule

ARIZONA, BET $1 GET A $150 FREE BET WITH DRAFTKINGS NEW OFFER

Online Surgeon

• Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Putting fans in the stadium is a must. I don't care if he has Bruschi drive a clown car to the 50 yard line and the UA hoops team that lost to Santa Clara piles out of the VW Golf. People need to be interested in the program and care and give a sh-t. The fan interest, player commitment, and recruiting all feed each other.

Recruits and fans want to see wins and progress, period.   I get that Fisch has a marketing aspect to his program and is desperate for any attention he can put on the program. Only winning will put fans in the stadium. Everything else is a waste of time and resources.

In the 60s, 70s, and 80s Chicago fans showed up in force to watch the Bears and Cubs lose. I was one of those fans. Each season began with new found hope and ended in disappointment, often early in the season -- every so often we were awarded with something that smelled like success. Looking back, I guess that I didn't understand just how much that said about the character of the people who showed up at the games regardless of past failures. Maybe that's just a Midwestern thing --  the lack of a sense of entitlement? And maybe that's why I'll be parking my fat ass in Arizona Stadium tonight, cheering for a group of kids that may or may not provide the result we  ALL are hoping for. BTFD

Where we live, where we work, how we can watch sports and why we watch sports has changed dramatically over the years. Theres plenty of research and writing on the topic. The tik tok generation likes this helicopter bullshit and moron characters like gronk. I dont buy tickets for that. Ill always pull for the wildcats football team but Im not excited about the team, the coach, the ad, nothing. I probably would be at the game if I was in town but this team blows and if I had something better to do Id probably do that. Nothing wrong with that.

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U

Offline soazbnb

• Supporter
I had been a season ticket holder at Arizona Stadium for 10 years straight. But I had to move away for work. If I lived in Tucson I would be at the game tonight. I will be there on the 24th of October against Washington. It doesn't matter to me if we're still winless at that point, I am going.

But the marketing matters. I get it, I get it.... wins will definitely put people in the seats. But until then, all we have is hope. And marketing. And the students apparently need Chick-Fil-A.

The number of fans sitting in the stadium and listening to Brian Jeffries on KNST with their AM radio earphones are getting fewer and fewer, mainly because they're all too old to hike up the steps on the west side of the stadium. We need people to be interested in the program while it's being rebuilt.

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U
Added link to live stream in the above and here

Live steam link below 
You require the following to view this post content:
  • You need to log in to view this content, please login or register.

Offline arxpert

• BEARDOWN
I was wrong - We have absolutely no defense. Worse than under Cecil.

I was right. - Brother Jedd's lip service is just that. How many more times will you believe this used car salesman? I would pay for my worst enemy's Chic-Fil-A to not be subjected to this amount of humility.

This is looking more like a 0 or 1 win season. Riverboat Jedd is already on the hot seat. The man has no idea how to coach a team. No offensive mind. No game planning. Don Brown got complacent this week. He blew his wad vs BYU and now we are easily scouted.

Sad, but this is going to be another regime from hell. The sooner you stop drinking Jedd's kool-aid the better.

Online Surgeon

I had been a season ticket holder at Arizona Stadium for 10 years straight. But I had to move away for work. If I lived in Tucson I would be at the game tonight. I will be there on the 24th of October against Washington. It doesn't matter to me if we're still winless at that point, I am going.

But the marketing matters. I get it, I get it.... wins will definitely put people in the seats. But until then, all we have is hope. And marketing. And the students apparently need Chick-Fil-A.

The number of fans sitting in the stadium and listening to Brian Jeffries on KNST with their AM radio earphones are getting fewer and fewer, mainly because they're all too old to hike up the steps on the west side of the stadium. We need people to be interested in the program while it's being rebuilt.

Winless coach.
12 jobs in 20 years.

But you want my time, money and interest. Sorry but I learned (at UofA nonetheless) how to spot a bad investment from a mile away and this is it. Enjoy Arizona stadium. The mirror lab below the field is where the real action happens.

Online Aokay

• Supporter
  • BEARDOWN
We were outplayed and out coached. That's more than unfortunate--it's devastating. I really believed our coaching staff would compensate for the deficiency in talent by getting them to play their absolute best from start to finish. If that was their best, we're doomed. If it wasn't, the staff failed. Either way, I don't see how this season can end on a high note, or provide hope for the future. If I was Heeke, which thank goodness I'm not, sleep would be nearly impossible to come by . . . because football revenue is about to take a precipitous nose dive.

On a somewhat different note, my game-time experience was miserable. Had I brought the earplugs I purchased on Amazon it might have been slightly better.

I hadn't been to a live game at Arizona Stadium in years. When did it become fashionable to for the fans show up well after kickoff--like near the end of the first quarter? I'd estimate that at least a quarter, if not a third of the attendees fell into that category.

My heart goes out to the Fisch family. This is likely to be a year they will all wish they could forget. They're not alone.

It's a great day to be alive!

Offline FOOS

• Supporter

Winless coach.
12 jobs in 20 years.

But you want my time, money and interest. Sorry but I learned (at UofA nonetheless) how to spot a bad investment from a mile away and this is it. Enjoy Arizona stadium. The mirror lab below the field is where the real action happens.

Fisch did win one game as intermin head coach @ Cal......  other than that - yeah - he's TERRIBLE

Offline What's Good

• BEARDOWN
To put it in some perspective just how INFERIOR Arizona Football is... In the last 3 games Arizona has scored an average of 12 points, while being out-scored by a total of 95 points.

Since 6/19/2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal