Kentucky transfer Keion Brook's is currently on a visit at Arizona

Started by WILD, June 03, 2022, 12:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Ugh.  That makes me feel uneasy.  Brooks has a lot of work to do on his shooting and passing before he should earn significant playing time in Tucson.  We have enough talent on the roster that this point...

ChrisZona

Quote from: KansasCityCats on June 03, 2022, 07:29:02 AM
Ugh.  That makes me feel uneasy.  Brooks has a lot of work to do on his shooting and passing before he should earn significant playing time in Tucson.  We have enough talent on the roster that this point...
Lol

KansasCityCats

As much as I'd love to see hard working defenders transfer, Brooks just hasn't impressed me when I watched UK in the past.

23% from 3 and a 1:1.3 Assist to TO ratio is not ideal for a wing that has 80 games of experience under his belt.  I always love his energy but would only embrace him as a role-player if he took "smart" shots, rather than forcing outside jumpers.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on June 03, 2022, 12:05:30 PM
As much as I'd love to see hard working defenders transfer, Brooks just hasn't impressed me when I watched UK in the past.

23% from 3 and a 1:1.3 Assist to TO ratio is not ideal for a wing that has 80 games of experience under his belt.  I always love his energy but would only embrace him as a role-player if he took "smart" shots, rather than forcing outside jumpers.

Those are the kind of stats that happen for a defensive minded player when you go to a team that has no experience nor continuity with a PG more focused on the free porsche? and money he was paid ("Ty Ty") and the real top recruit from last class being ineligible to play (Sharpe).

I remember when people on this forum used to cry we had no defense at all after Miller's #1 rank type defenses graduated/went pro in the middle of the tenure. We would be lucky to be able to land Brooks.

KansasCityCats

It has been 10 years since an Arizona player shot that poorly from 3 (Mayes/RHJ).

No need for a guy that doesn't share but can't shoot, regardless of defense. We're already a top-5 team without Brooks.

ChrisZona

Quote from: KansasCityCats on June 03, 2022, 05:03:08 PM
It has been 10 years since an Arizona player shot that poorly from 3 (Mayes/RHJ).

No need for a guy that doesn't share but can't shoot, regardless of defense. We're already a top-5 team without Brooks.
Lol

Jdmarti

I would absolutely  take keion brooks hopefully  he commits.

I hope he really works on his shooting from 3.

mvpreed2

From the 4-5mins I watched of his 2021-22 highlight tape, I would say that shooting from deep is not one of his strengths.
Brooks is a slasher, a midrange spot-up, pick-and-pop shooter.
I do not believe he will be given (or trying) to shoot from deep should he come to Arizona.

I look at him and believe he would Lloyd's best option of trying to replace all of the skills that would be vacated by Terry leaving.
6'8 Swiss-army knife type of W/G/F that is long, rangy, athletic and focused primarily on the defensive end.
Whatever Brooks is going to give on the offensive end will be a bonus as he will not be asked to do much, nor do I believe he would be an option within the offense unless there is a clear mismatch.

In short, I believe he would be a very good addition to this team.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

I would gladly take  brooks.
Hopefully  he is improving   outside shooting  maybe he can  play a combo forward role depending  on the lineup.

Hopefully  brooks commits on his visit.
Washington  kinda concerns me if he is looking on being the focus of a offense.

arxpert

Quote from: mvpreed2 on June 04, 2022, 03:42:46 AM

From the 4-5mins I watched of his 2021-22 highlight tape, I would say that shooting from deep is not one of his strengths.
Brooks is a slasher, a midrange spot-up, pick-and-pop shooter.
I do not believe he will be given (or trying) to shoot from deep should he come to Arizona.

I look at him and believe he would Lloyd's best option of trying to replace all of the skills that would be vacated by Terry leaving.
6'8 Swiss-army knife type of W/G/F that is long, rangy, athletic and focused primarily on the defensive end.
Whatever Brooks is going to give on the offensive end will be a bonus as he will not be asked to do much, nor do I believe he would be an option within the offense unless there is a clear mismatch.

In short, I believe he would be a very good addition to this team.

Basically this. Dalen Terry was atrocious shooting the ball from anywhere, but considering every opponent played 10ft off of him he was able to sink some clutch buckets time to time -- never enough confidence to try to have a 25pt type game when others struggled. Houston would have been the game for him to try.

I think if Lloyd refused to let Tubelis shoot 3's no one should be worrying about if Keion Brooks joins the team that he will be jacking up random 3s all day.

mvpreed2

Quote from: Jdmarti on June 04, 2022, 01:45:06 PM
I would gladly take  brooks.
Hopefully  he is improving   outside shooting  maybe he can  play a combo forward role depending  on the lineup.

Hopefully  brooks commits on his visit.
Washington kinda concerns me if he is looking on being the focus of a offense.
And guess where he committed to!
Washington has come in and snatched more than a few transfer prospects that I would have loved to have at Arizona.
Oh well, the show must (and will) go on..
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

I bet brooks wanted to be the man an Washington  probably  told him he would be.
Otherwise I think he would have come to Arizona.

KansasCityCats

Good news.  I'd rather have our perimeter defense force Brooks to take bad jumpers...rather than watching him force 3's on our behalf.

Ramey is a better option as a grad transfer, assuming he commits.

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on June 09, 2022, 06:51:05 AM
Good news.  I'd rather have our perimeter defense force Brooks to take bad jumpers...rather than watching him force 3's on our behalf.

Ramey is a better option as a grad transfer, assuming he commits.
Lloyd was able to pivot away from Brooks EXTREMELY quick with the commitment of Henderson coming less than 48hrs after Brooks announces for Washington.
I wonder if Lloyd was trying to bring the both of them in?
I guess we will never know now huh?
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDownU - Menu