Fifita & McMillan turned down an offer from Alabama to stay at Arizona!!!

Started by WILD, January 20, 2024, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KansasCityCats

Yeah, I fell for the bait and derailed this thing, Pryme.

The attendance numbers are ridiculously inflated.  The Royals do NOT have 16,136 average fans per game.  The stadium is dead, similar to any day game (with the exception of Fenway/Wrigley).  In the NHL, the San Jose Sharks averaged over 13,000 fans per game, which is more than 75% capacity...and they're one of the worst teams in the league.

The biggest TV draw for MLB is Sunday Night Baseball.  ESPN averaged approximately 1.45 Million viewers in 2023 for those games.  NFL's Sunday Night Football averaged approximately 18.7 Million viewers. 

I loved baseball during my adolescent years (and still watch the U of A) but there isn't a fan under the age of 50 that could care less about the sport.  They could have prevented the downfall if they had agreed to modern changes like the pitch-clock prior to this decade.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on January 23, 2024, 01:31:53 PMYeah, I fell for the bait and derailed this thing, Pryme.

The attendance numbers are ridiculously inflated.  The Royals do NOT have 16,136 average fans per game.  The stadium is dead, similar to any day game (with the exception of Fenway/Wrigley).  In the NHL, the San Jose Sharks averaged over 13,000 fans per game, which is more than 75% capacity...and they're one of the worst teams in the league.

The biggest TV draw for MLB is Sunday Night Baseball.  ESPN averaged approximately 1.45 Million viewers in 2023 for those games.  NFL's Sunday Night Football averaged approximately 18.7 Million viewers. 

I loved baseball during my adolescent years (and still watch the U of A) but there isn't a fan under the age of 50 that could care less about the sport.  They could have prevented the downfall if they had agreed to modern changes like the pitch-clock prior to this decade.

Say that to one Theodore Epstein who just turned 50 on Dec 29. Look what his love for the game accomplished before 50.