Brother Jedd will never get us there

Started by arxpert, October 07, 2023, 11:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arxpert

I take what I have said about Jedd in the past back.

Jedd is no Grifter. A Real Grifter would have made sure not to lose Elijah Rushing's commitment.

Jedd is just another guy who is passing through getting a paycheck. The Big12 is going to be horrid. I am not convinced Jedd will reach a bowl within his first half decade if he is even afforded 5 years at this point. It may literally be now or never for Jedd to save his job and make a bowl game with 3 miraculous wins.

Seriously ---> Take a real moment to reflect. Just because you haven't seen Arizona Football be worth watching since Rich Rod, doesn't mean Arizona Football is all the sudden a Must-See product. This is pure recency bias from people who have been beaten down and held hostage by prior regimes that destroyed any hope there may have been back then before RR was "cancelled".

Unless Jedd mysteriously adds fluff games going forward into the Big12, I see no way Arizona Football wins 6 games under his leadership any time soon. How many years does Jedd get before a change has to be made? Entering a new conference that has deeper pockets is not going to favor our chances.

Little George

Quote from: arxpert on October 09, 2023, 01:27:57 PMI take what I have said about Jedd in the past back.

Jedd is no Grifter. A Real Grifter would have made sure not to lose Elijah Rushing's commitment.

Jedd is just another guy who is passing through getting a paycheck. The Big12 is going to be horrid. I am not convinced Jedd will reach a bowl within his first half decade if he is even afforded 5 years at this point. It may literally be now or never for Jedd to save his job and make a bowl game with 3 miraculous wins.

Seriously ---> Take a real moment to reflect. Just because you haven't seen Arizona Football be worth watching since Rich Rod, doesn't mean Arizona Football is all the sudden a Must-See product. This is pure recency bias from people who have been beaten down and held hostage by prior regimes that destroyed any hope there may have been back then before RR was "cancelled".

Unless Jedd mysteriously adds fluff games going forward into the Big12, I see no way Arizona Football wins 6 games under his leadership any time soon. How many years does Jedd get before a change has to be made? Entering a new conference that has deeper pockets is not going to favor our chances.

I see 6 plus this year! if Fifita plays.

KansasCityCats

Not only should the Cats win 6 this season, the staff is laying the foundation to win in the future. Not only is Fisch in the upper half of the Pac-12 recruiting on a regular basis...he's near the top in the Big-12.

Arizona won't consider a change in leadership until the staff has an opportunity to prove that they can win with their own players.

arxpert

Quote from: Little George on October 09, 2023, 01:55:08 PM
Quote from: arxpert on October 09, 2023, 01:27:57 PMI take what I have said about Jedd in the past back.

I see 6 plus this year! if Fifita plays.

I am left perplexed by this comment. In what universe does Noah Fifita not play as QB1, the starter of Arizona Football?

Outside of him being significantly injured, there is no possible way Fisch can remain Head Coach if he puts Jayden De Loser back into the QB1 role. No way, no how. I reject that.

If that happens, Fisch would be worse than Sumlin. Yeah. I said that.

KansasCityCats

In terms of wins, recruiting and success to salary ratio...it would be impossible for Fisch to be considered inferior to Sumlin under any circumstances.

Despite Fifita being the clearly better QB, JDL put up nice numbers in his first two seasons and it's nice to know that we have two options under center for the first time since Matt Scott and Nick Foles were both in Tucson.

arxpert

Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 09, 2023, 06:57:46 PMIn terms of wins, recruiting and success to salary ratio...it would be impossible for Fisch to be considered inferior to Sumlin under any circumstances.

Despite Fifita being the clearly better QB, JDL put up nice numbers in his first two seasons and it's nice to know that we have two options under center for the first time since Matt Scott and Nick Foles were both in Tucson.

Matt Scott?

Who?

Exactly. There is "A Guy", then there is "The Guy".

KansasCityCats

Matt Scott was one of the VERY few Arizona QB's that made an NFL roster. He was a legit collegiate talent that could have started anywhere.

I'd give anything to see him puke on an Arizona sideline again. Haha.

FOOS

Quote from: arxpert on October 07, 2023, 11:30:34 PMTitle says it all and don't even try to blame the refs

Jedd Fisch is not a true Head Coach. He is at best someone that should stick to recruiting aka buying players on the open market. He isn't someone who understands the nuances of momentum and how to manage a game. One obvious example was burning a timeout on 4th down when he could have taken the measly 5 yard penalty and kicked it anyway. So many terrible play calls in terms of highly telegraphed calls including the very last play. As soon as the DL shifted, it was obviously over.

Fifita's 2nd game - Whatever, blah blah. He is being coached by a nerd who doesn't understand how to win.

Fisch should have went for 2 to win the game outright. He showed all his plays 5 times over. You need to just go for the win on the road. No one would blame you any worse than I am blaming Jedd right now for failing there. This team is supposed to fail, but it isn't supposed to beat itself like it did tonight.

Don't get it twisted, Mario Cristobal is the worst coach in history for what he did to his Miami Hurricanes tonight, but we are going to the Big 12 and there is no way we will be competitive to the level some of you think we will be without someone who understands how to coach in-game.

Quote from: arxpert on October 07, 2023, 11:30:34 PMTitle says it all and don't even try to blame the refs

Jedd Fisch is not a true Head Coach. He is at best someone that should stick to recruiting aka buying players on the open market. He isn't someone who understands the nuances of momentum and how to manage a game. One obvious example was burning a timeout on 4th down when he could have taken the measly 5 yard penalty and kicked it anyway. So many terrible play calls in terms of highly telegraphed calls including the very last play. As soon as the DL shifted, it was obviously over.

Fifita's 2nd game - Whatever, blah blah. He is being coached by a nerd who doesn't understand how to win.

Fisch should have went for 2 to win the game outright. He showed all his plays 5 times over. You need to just go for the win on the road. No one would blame you any worse than I am blaming Jedd right now for failing there. This team is supposed to fail, but it isn't supposed to beat itself like it did tonight.

Don't get it twisted, Mario Cristobal is the worst coach in history for what he did to his Miami Hurricanes tonight, but we are going to the Big 12 and there is no way we will be competitive to the level some of you think we will be without someone who understands how to coach in-game.

Wow - this didn't age well

FOOS

Quote from: arxpert on October 10, 2023, 01:43:27 PM
Quote from: KansasCityCats on October 09, 2023, 06:57:46 PMIn terms of wins, recruiting and success to salary ratio...it would be impossible for Fisch to be considered inferior to Sumlin under any circumstances.

Matt Scott?

Who?

Exactly. There is "A Guy", then there is "The Guy".

Really ??  You can't be serious