Arizona Vs Oregon 🏀 PAC12 Tourney Preview/Discussion Thread 3/15/24 5pm PAC12N

Started by WILD, March 14, 2024, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona Vs Oregon 🏀 PAC12 Tourney Preview/Discussion Thread 3/15/24 5pm PAC12N

The Oregon Ducks and the Arizona Wildcats meet Friday in Pac-12 Tournament college basketball action from T-Mobile Arena.

Oregon Ducks
The Ducks haven't had too bad of a season thus far, however they haven't been able to win more than two consecutive games since mid-January. Oregon finished off the regular season on a 2-2 run with losses to Arizona and Colorado between wins over Oregon State and Utah.

On Thursday in tournament activity versus UCLA, the Ducks eked out another close win. Oregon trailed 34-29 going into the second half, then hit a 39-32 run from there in a comeback result 68-66. N'Faly Dante was the top man with 22 points, six rebounds and four assists.

Arizona Wildcats
Over on the Wildcats' side, they've been a very consistent team all year and haven't yet lost consecutive games. Arizona had a four-game win streak going recently with victories over Washington, Arizona State, Oregon and UCLA before a regular-season-ending road loss to USC over the weekend.

On Thursday in the tournament rematch versus the Trojans, the Wildcats got some revenge. Arizona stormed out to a 28-16 halftime lead and closed on a 42-33 run for a blowout victory 70-49. KJ Lewis came off the bench to lead the team in scoring with 15 points, six rebounds and two assists.

BDU's Prediction
I'll probably just stay with Arizona here. The Wildcats played a mostly solid game versus USC in their last outing, bagging 45.6 percent shooting with a 44-30 rebounding advantage. There were some blemishes though: specifically the 14 turnovers and seven missed free throws. Still, it was a nice bounce-back effort and should set Arizona up for a quality performance on Friday.

In the last meeting between these teams on March 2, Arizona took a 103-83 blowout victory at home. The Wildcats shot a stellar 60.9 percent from the field and 56 percent (14-of-25) from 3-point range, but did miss eight of their 19 free throw attempts (57.9 percent). This tournament rematch probably won't be such a one-sided affair, but Arizona should still be in control if the Wildcats play to their capabilities.

Arizona is favored at 10.5 and the Over/Under is 156.5

Let's talk about the Wildcats Vs Ducks!

BEARDOWN!!!

Live stream link1
Click Here For Live Stream Link 1

Live stream link 2
Click Here For Live Stream Link 1

(Click the play button then hit the back button after pop-up add and then click the play button again)

Get A FREE Premium BDU membership Register Here

KansasCityCats

I'd love to see another aggressive Ballo game. If he can get Dante into early foul trouble, Arizona should be fine. We'll give up some threes but the Cats will score plenty.

KansasCityCats

Dante is out but it's a result of the nasty fall, not foul trouble. Hope he is back to 100% before the draft. Talented kid that has never been able to stay healthy.

grantj22

KansasCityCats

Hopefully Lloyd is teaching him a lesson. He took a couple awful 3's and the staff told him to be smart with the ball. He threw up another errant shot and didn't see much of the floor for a while.

Doubtful that Love is hurt but who knows. He wasn't himself.

Jdmarti

Love has not looked right in these pac 12 tournament games, not sure if he is hurt or ill, or what it is just fills like something  is off with him.

Arizona  now struggling  with turnovers in 3 consecutive  games we haven't  scored over 70 points, 3 games in a row turning the ball over.

Love, boswell. Have really been struggling  to make shots, pelle an love have been struggling  with turnovers.

This has to be fixed otherwise  Arizona  will have a short ncaa tournament  run.

Deb

Read this elsewhere, but found it verified what my eyes are watching -

Arizona Player Efficiency Ratings in our two Pac tourney games (15. is an avg D1 player score):

Ballo 32.7
Lewis 21.1
Bradley 20.9
Pelle 11.7
Keshad 11.1
Krivas 6.1
Bos 1.9
Caleb -1.4

So our best player Oumar didn't get a single shot the entire second half. Pelle looks tired and beat up to me. And the bottom two is just gross.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Jaden & Lewis deserve to start if we are to have a chance this week.