The #1 Arizona Wildcats Basketball Source - BDU

Justin Kier 6-4 senior Georgia transfer has committed to Arizona!

WILD · 1313

Offline Jdmarti

• Supporter
  • Tell All Fellow UofA Fans To Check Out PlayersProgramU
I must say we must give kier a chance an hopehe turns out good for us, I was really surprised  he came here  considering all the wing depth we have.

Who knows where will play I figure kerr will start pg. Not sure who backs him up there. Alot of combos to choose from I am still hoping lloyd finds someone  else and he is patient  here.

Offline Jdmarti

• Supporter
I think all of us wanted a natural  pg. Maybe even a starter here not sure we get one it may be kerr who starts.
Kerr just was off the ball so much.
With akinjo an Terrell  getting the pg. Minutes  that kerr is unproven  here as a point guard.

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Mvpreed2  like you said I was surprised  by the commitment  only because   I thought we were set on the wing.

Not sure how Lloyd intends to use  kier maybe at pg. Who knows I think kerr will start at pg. Not sure who backs him up though.

An like you said it's hard to imagine  a 6th year player wanting  to come off the bench, I could be wrong.

I am still hoping Lloyd' can find a natural  pg. An not a combo guard, I an thinking  it's getting  less likely  though.
We pretty much only have one pg. Kerr an some combo  guards an kerr has not really played pg. In collage  yet.

We also really need a 4 someone  to back up azulous.
The issue that I believe we ran into was that the Arizona BOD decided to make the move from Miller to Lloyd too late.
Lloyd had to come in, assemble his staff, critique and make decisions on the current roster.
By the time the dust settled on that, most of the quality transfers were off the market.

I am sure I said it before, but I wish he would have sat on the available scholarships for 2021 and pushed them into 2022.
This Kier move adds another body into the mix that does not need to be in it.
I seriously believe Kier might push Bal/Nowell out, UNLESS Lloyd is going to be running a 3-4 guard lineup.
That also does not make sense because we have two true C in Ballo/Koloko that I expect to play almost all 40mins of the game.

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Online ChrisZona

• Supporter
  • FVK
Mvpreed2  like you said I was surprised  by the commitment  only because   I thought we were set on the wing.

Not sure how Lloyd intends to use  kier maybe at pg. Who knows I think kerr will start at pg. Not sure who backs him up though.

An like you said it's hard to imagine  a 6th year player wanting  to come off the bench, I could be wrong.

I am still hoping Lloyd' can find a natural  pg. An not a combo guard, I an thinking  it's getting  less likely  though.
We pretty much only have one pg. Kerr an some combo  guards an kerr has not really played pg. In collage  yet.

We also really need a 4 someone  to back up azulous.
The issue that I believe we ran into was that the Arizona BOD decided to make the move from Miller to Lloyd too late.
Lloyd had to come in, assemble his staff, critique and make decisions on the current roster.
By the time the dust settled on that, most of the quality transfers were off the market.

I am sure I said it before, but I wish he would have sat on the available scholarships for 2021 and pushed them into 2022.
This Kier move adds another body into the mix that does not need to be in it.
I seriously believe Kier might push Bal/Nowell out, UNLESS Lloyd is going to be running a 3-4 guard lineup.
That also does not make sense because we have two true C in Ballo/Koloko that I expect to play almost all 40mins of the game.

Bal is very likely redshirting and even if Kier wasnt committed hed be a 2-5 minute per game type player. Its clear Lloyd wants a lot of versatility on the floor and we get that with Kier and Pelle both big strong guards that can play 1-3. Then throw in Terry who can play 1-4 and its no wonder Lloyd has been raving about getting to work with Terry. Not sure how a 3 guard lineup doesnt make sense Koloko/ Ballo are interchangeable at the 5 and you have Tubelis who is probably best suited at the 5 defensively and a matchup nightmare for a traditional center offensively. This move probably takes some minutes away from Nowell who can play 2-3 but it didnt effect his decision which was the only reason I initially didnt want Kier.

Offline Jdmarti

• Supporter
Lloyd must find a big  hopefully  an athletic 4 we need depth inside, the only 4 he has azoulas.

Offline mvpreed2

• Global Moderator
  • Don't forget to add an Avatar pic to your profile.
Lloyd must find a big  hopefully  an athletic 4 we need depth inside, the only 4 he has azoulas.
Based on what I believe our offense to look like under Lloyd, I do not believe we are going to be as deep in the frontcourt as we were (usually) with Miller.
I think we are going to see a lot more of the 1/3/1 lineup; one PG, three wings and one big.
This season is going to be the exception to the rule since I believe Koloko/Tubelis are going to get quality minutes.
I believe when it is crunch-time, we are going to see that 1/3/1 lineup and I am going to predict that it is going to be KK/PL/BM/DT/AT unless someone gets their spot taken.

4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Offline WILD

• Administrator
    • Bear Down U

Offline Jdmarti

• Supporter
I wonder when kier will be on campus.

Since 6/19/2017