G - Malik Thomas (CA) - USC
F - PJ Thor (WV) - Auburn
F - Payton Watson (CA) - UCLA
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

BearDown12345

Devin Askew has just been offered by UofA.

image hosting

Jdmarti

It's very early here but I really like Devon askew he's a player to keep an eye on.

KansasCityCats

https://arizonawildcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

So 3 guards are committed.

As a result of the Covid rule, seniors are eligible to remain on the roster for the 2021-22 season.

Therefore, where will we get (at least) 3 spots for newcomers?

I assume Terrell Brown will be our after his grad transfer season. Will somebody go pro early?  Will Ira stick around for a 5th season?  Will we bring in any freshmen bigs?  Will we lose a scholarship if/when the NCAA hands down sanctions?

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on November 01, 2020, 05:20:52 AM

As a result of the Covid rule, seniors are eligible to remain on the roster for the 2021-22 season.

I assume Terrell Brown will be out after his grad transfer season. Will somebody go pro early?  Will Ira stick around for a 5th season?  Will we bring in any freshmen bigs?  Will we lose a scholarship if/when the NCAA hands down sanctions?

The way the NCAA made it appear to be on the surface that programs won't be held to a scholarship number in 2021-22 academic year.
All of the questions that you have are questions that I have as well because programs like Kentucky/Duke are going to be able to basically double their already talented roster to be unfairly loaded in 2021.
I wonder what the 2nd tier and lower programs are going to do, especially us when we have so many bodies that could/would normally leave after the season.

I believe we are going to have a/some transfer(s), but enough to be able to keep our scholarship numbers the same as normal?
I believe the NCAA is going to bend a lot of rules until we are able to get a national hold on this situation.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Jdmarti

Arizona  really needs a big now to bad they missed on holmes an gregg if one of them committed  the class would probably  be a rap.
The only ones I know are left are jamarian  sharp, moussa diabate maybe  a international  player, I would love for Arizona  to find one that can space the court an hit some 3s.

KansasCityCats

If the Cats are willing to share minutes with 12+ guys on the floor, we'll have a REALLY good in the future.

Realistically, we'll need at least 3 guys to go next season if we bring in 4 recruits (assuming we land one big man).

Perhaps Azoulas or Terry has an amazing Freshman year and goes pro.  Terrell earns his grad degree and leaves...MAYBE the same with Ira, although I envision him staying again.

Baker would have spent 4 years in college, so it's possible that he becomes a grad transfer elsewhere, or enters the draft.

Either way, we're going to have an extremely deep roster, pending NCAA sanctions.

mvpreed2

Quote from: KansasCityCats on November 01, 2020, 02:58:42 PM
If the Cats are willing to share minutes with 12+ guys on the floor, we'll have a REALLY good team in the future.

Realistically, we'll need at least 3 guys to go next season if we bring in 4 recruits (assuming we land one big man).

Perhaps Azoulas or Terry has an amazing Freshman year and goes pro.  Terrell earns his grad degree and leaves...MAYBE the same with Ira, although I envision him staying again.

Baker would have spent 4 years in college, so it's possible that he becomes a grad transfer elsewhere, or enters the draft.

Either way, we're going to have an extremely deep roster, pending NCAA sanctions.
Yes we would, but the one thing that I am having a hard time believing would be that Miller would be willing to go that deep into his lineup CONSISTENTLY for an entire season.
I understand we would have quality going that deep into our lineup, but we have been that deep before and Miller has still reduced his lineup.

I also think this 2020-21 season we have is going to position whomever comes back into their potential spots.
I do not believe any of those three freshmen (at this point) are going to be placed above who I expect to return, so they could be the ones that end up on the back of the depth chart and trying to figure out where they stand and how they stack up against the veterans/returners.
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

Aokay

I assume Terrell Brown will be our after his grad transfer season. Will somebody go pro early?  Will Ira stick around for a 5th season?  Will we bring in any freshmen bigs?  Will we lose a scholarship if/when the NCAA hands down sanctions?

One thing is for certain, it always does, play out.

2012Cat

Quote from: Aokay on November 01, 2020, 09:19:22 PM

One thing is for certain, it always does, play out.

Seniors that choose to play next year don't count against scholarship limits. So brown or Lee would be extra. School also has to cover their costs so who knows how that will play out

BearDownU - Menu