Arizona nails 13 3-pointers in 82-71 win over Oregon State

Started by WILD, January 19, 2019, 07:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

Arizona nails 13 3-pointers in 82-71 win over Oregon State

The Arizona Wildcats beat the Oregon State Beavers 82-71 on Saturday, despite losing starting center Chase Jeter to injury less than five minutes in the first half.

Five Wildcats scored in double figures, as Arizona used a total team effort to compensate for the loss of its star big man.

Forced to play super small with Jeter out and Ira Lee in foul trouble, Arizona went 13 for 27 from 3 and...

Read the rest of the story on the game below
https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2019/1/19/18189937/arizona-oregon-state-final-score-recap-chase-jeter-injury-wildcats-beavers-college-basketball

Full game stats

Watch Miller's press conference after win over OSU at link below
http://playersprogramu.com/arizona-wildcat-basketball-press-conference/

WILD

Also, Arizona had a Season-high nine steals, 21 offensive rebounds, and 13 3's for Arizona in win over Oregon State. That's impressive!

AZip

I just loved this game in so many ways.
The freshmen played.....well like freshmen. Randolph getting rebound and throwing the ball at a slant way across the court where there are 2 taller defender in-between him and the receptor.  Turn Over!!!   But so many silly things they did is nothing compared to how they handled their play on the court. Making 3's making a hellva lot of rebounds. Quite a few steals. This was fun t watch from the get-go.  The crowd...watching on TV I could tell the crowd was way into the game from before the Tip-off. You could sense how they felt. NO ONE...NO ONE that comes to these games hates to lose at home. You felt like the crowd willed these kids to success. Congrats fans...no grey-hairs this time around.
Jeter...really weird but when he went out I thought we should put AKOT in to play...OH WAIT!!!!   But I didnt feel panic. I just thought we were going to adapt. Luther did great as did  (WHO???) Desjardens. Not even a minute but you felt his presence. 1 point..WTG young man.  5 men in DBL figures and Colemen with 5 ASSt and huge 3's. Fun game..great way to come back from adversity.
A Z i p

Bear

When the game started out with us shooting nothing but threes, my initial thought was, oh crap this is going to be a long night. But we made them. And Oregon state was so porous defensively that we were able to get offensive rebounds and connect on a lot of kick outs. The ball moved pretty well. Randolph didn't have a good game early but he moved the ball and got assists. When Miller got on Williams for allowing his man to score, Williams responded in game with better defense. Randolph didn't force tough shots. Luther got rebounds. Barcello saw his shot fall. The team rebounded across the board and shared the ball. Luther was involved in the middle and with a lot of high screens which opened up a lot of us. They were beating OSU to the ball. 

The refs helped us out quite a bit this game and so did Oregon State with horrible defense but the team needed this game and the positive energy that comes with things going your way. Hopefully they can use it as a platform for team play moving forward.

TJ74

Great game all around.  Team really came together after Jeter went out.  Kudo's to all but especially to Luther, Smith, Williams and Coleman in the second half.  Nice to see them move the ball, penetrate and make the bucket.  The Jeter play was really dirty but I don't think intentional.  Hopefully he is able to play in LA as we need him.  A really good win and certainly something we can build on.