𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂: Arizona 5🌟 commit PG Kylan Boswell has reclassified to 2022!!

Started by WILD, July 06, 2022, 06:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WILD

BREAKING: 5🌟 PG Kylan Boswell has decided to reclassify to 2022!

The Wildcats will now have 3 solid point guards leading the team this season. Boswell was born in 2005, so he would not be eligible to declare for the 2023 draft after this upcoming season(Must be 19 years old to declare) . He should be here for at least 2 years. BEARDOWN!!!

https://twitter.com/BearDownU/status/1544861588896616450

Watch Kylan's commitment video and highlights below.

mvpreed2

Congrats to KB on his reclassification, but doesn't that mean that Lloyd now has a logjam at G next season?
Ball/Larsson/Kriisa all return, and then you add Ramey as a transfer AND now Boswell is going to reclassify?

Thoughts to ponder over:
Does this mean Bal is not ready to play a bigger role for Arizona next season?
Does Larsson play any minutes at G next season?
What role does Ramey play, and does he start or come off the bench?
Boswell is now our #2 PG on the roster, so does anyone else get minutes at PG?
If not, does Lloyd now allow Kriisa to play off-ball if/when he is on the floor with Boswell?
4-11-2011
9-14-2012
2-19-2013
7-29-2014

|ᴘ|ʀ|ʏ|ᴍ|ᴇ|

Quote from: mvpreed2 on July 06, 2022, 10:36:07 PM
Congrats to KB on his reclassification, but doesn't that mean that Lloyd now has a logjam at G next season?
Ball/Larsson/Kriisa all return, and then you add Ramey as a transfer AND now Boswell is going to reclassify?

Thoughts to ponder over:
Does this mean Bal is not ready to play a bigger role for Arizona next season?
Does Larsson play any minutes at G next season?
What role does Ramey play, and does he start or come off the bench?
Boswell is now our #2 PG on the roster, so does anyone else get minutes at PG?
If not, does Lloyd now allow Kriisa to play off-ball if/when he is on the floor with Boswell?

IMO, playing his senior year of HS on a loaded team would have benefited everyone at Compass except for him. He's too focused on his goals to potentially "waste" a year making minimal gains in his game. You can tell he's wired that way. He's obsessed.
I would wager Lloyd will slot him as the #3 PG or even a possible redshirt just to light a fire under his ass. Sorcerer Tom likes sorcery.
Inevitably, injuries will happen, and he'll be ready. At that point, he may just take the crown and never look back. Nothing is set in stone. This is gonna be a really fun season.

KansasCityCats

I think that Boswell, Kriisa and Larsson start as a 3-guard lineup.  We'll have two capable ballhandlers and a nice bench of experienced scorers that will complement our trees in the frontcourt.  This is huge because it allows our transfers to play "off the ball"...which is their natural position(s).

Deb

I don't think Bam Bam starts. His dad said he knows his role and will be a back up this yr. Plus, Ramey is not coming to AZ for one season to come off the bench. Imo - Kerr, Ramey and Pelle will start.

Very happy Kylan will play for us this yr - he'll learn how Lloyd wants the team to run and besides you can never have too much depth.

WerderBremen

arxpert

Only Tommy Lloyd can screw this up now. If he disrespects Boswell by not playing him as a 6th man to start then a starter by Conference play, then I think Boswell will transfer. 20 Minutes per game minimum otherwise no point in talking about him as a competitor. All the shit talk about Sean Miller, but I'm seeing a lot of posts that would emulate exactly what Sean Miller would do. Can't have it both ways. If Lloyd is a great coach he will let game speak for itself in training camp. I don't see anyone with set minutes 30+ besides Zoo Tubelis. Everyone else is battling for minutes from my POV.

Little George

Quote from: arxpert on July 07, 2022, 11:57:32 PM
Only Tommy Lloyd can screw this up now. If he disrespects Boswell by not playing him as a 6th man to start then a starter by Conference play, then I think Boswell will transfer. 20 Minutes per game minimum otherwise no point in talking about him as a competitor. All the shit talk about Sean Miller, but I'm seeing a lot of posts that would emulate exactly what Sean Miller would do. Can't have it both ways. If Lloyd is a great coach he will let game speak for itself in training camp. I don't see anyone with set minutes 30+ besides Zoo Tubelis. Everyone else is battling for minutes from my POV.

Actually Boswell is very informed as is his family. They gave some great insight on what has changed his position to reclass to 22.

FOOS

Awesome news !!

Shocking to see a certain someone is still dreaming about Miller.  I'm pretty sure Xavier has a fan site.... why troll here ?

Aokay

Quote from: FOOS on July 09, 2022, 06:24:09 AM
Awesome news !!

Shocking to see a certain someone is still dreaming about Miller.  I'm pretty sure Xavier has a fan site.... why troll here ?

Some people -- can't live with em, not supposed to shoot em. What's one to do?

arxpert

Some people just can't handle being called out as hypocrites. If Lloyd is just going to favor upperclassmen and transfers over pure talent then we have nothing different than Sean Miller and all the players who came and went from Arizona as recruits whether transfer or 1 and done. Don't even attempt to have it both ways because I keep the receipts.

PS - So what if Boswell has to stay out of the NBA for 2 years? He can transfer like Nix, Askew or any other under appreciated recruit or jump to the G League Ignite if he is good enough and underpaid in Tucson.

Jdmarti

It sounds like he reclassed so he could get the medical care .

I am sure he also wants to play at a higher level but he suffered  a injury I wish we knew how serious it is.

Glad to have him early though he is going to be a good player.

arxpert

Quote from: Jdmarti on July 09, 2022, 03:57:36 PM
It sounds like he reclassed so he could get the medical care .

I am sure he also wants to play at a higher level but he suffered  a injury I wish we knew how serious it is.

Glad to have him early though he is going to be a good player.

If that is the case, then I can completely understand the decision and if it is a serious injury then I would expect him to be a medical redshirt. I'm not going to bother Googling it.

I still believe my opinion has merit. The best players should start and the best role players should play their roles. I wouldn't automatically change Pelle nor Ballo's role. They can play 20-25 minutes a game and not be starters. There are no rules that prevent that. If they earn it in practice and the first few games so be it, but a 6th Man of the Year and the best Relief Center in College Basketball can still remain Elite in those roles if the other players get a fair chance to claim a starting role.

Lloyd would be no different than Miller if he didn't give players like Dylan Anderson, Henri, Bal, nor Borovician a chance to earn a starting role (and a healthy Boswell) and instead handed the jobs to Ramey and Henderson because of their veteran status.